Square Enix Responds to Sugiyama’s anti-LGBTQ Comments

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Only in the West does anyone really care, and even then it's a very small, but often vocal minority that frankly I can't stand anymore, as they make a mockery of "liberalism," having neither the ba

As a non-american, I am more worried about his other #$*!ry, such as denial of war crimes, or the copyright bullshit he's pulling with music. 

Posted Images

One isolated thread in a forum does not make for outrage. When the voices complaining about the outrage are louder then the outrage itself, then it is not an outrage.

Edited by eal
  • Like 2
No you don't need the sexy costumes, I played through the whole game without them, so stop lying.  You are not required to get them.  The bunny suit is only in a side quest, which you don't even have to do.  He also got a ton of thumbs down for his review, and the comments are nothing but people making fun of him for being a SJW. 
Him? Men can't be Single Japanese Women, duh.
One isolated thread in a forum does not make for outrage. When the voices complaining about the outrage are louder then the outrage itself, then it is not an outrage.
I love how people exaggerate 1 person or 1 thread and discount the 99% of other people who don't speak up or give 2 shits. It's like the music complainers in DQXI. I'm in groups with 3,000 members and so one will be disappointed in DQXI for some reason and 2 or 3 others will say yes. And 40 will say nothing and 2600 don't care. The 0.01% may be present, but they don't define anything.

If you all stop bumping this thread, I'd post a photo of two cute dogs.

48 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I love how people exaggerate 1 person or 1 thread and discount the 99% of other people who don't speak up or give 2 shits. It's like the music complainers in DQXI. I'm in groups with 3,000 members and so one will be disappointed in DQXI for some reason and 2 or 3 others will say yes. And 40 will say nothing and 2600 don't care. The 0.01% may be present, but they don't define anything.

This is true. I’m just glad the music topics/posts have died down in the group.

• Like 1
Seems counter-intuitive to me. I waited until I put 80 hours in before I fully decided on my opinion of how the music was handled and then made my post.
2 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Seems counter-intuitive to me. I waited until I put 80 hours in before I fully decided on my opinion of how the music was handled and then made my post.

What do you expect? It’s the internet, people #$*! about everything whether they have a firm opinion on it or not.

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What do you expect? It’s the internet, people #$*! about everything whether they have a firm opinion on it or not.

That’s why I personally try to look everywhere to what everyone is saying. My opinions on most everything don’t come from a single source. I’ll go everywhere with a clear agenda.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

6 hours ago, eal said:

First, please don’t call me a liar over something as subjective as what armor you equip because I found out about visible armor after I equipped the Dancer’s Costume to Serena because it was the best armor for the right price for me at the time. I also said nothing about them being required. They only put armor in the game if they intend for you to use it, which I have been. I also said the costumes are required for 100% completion of the game, since a quest involves them.

The guy gave it a glowing review and pointed something out to readers that might be bothered by it. The fact that people are so upset about something that innocuous makes me think maybe they’re the ones that need to stop crying about it, not the “SJWs.” Especially if someone’s personal opinion is so upsetting to them. After all, they’re not required to read it, right!

We should all be concerned about our jobs if reactionary insults are enough to justify firing someone.

There is no outrage. A review or two made a point about it and people are upset that they had an opinion on sexualization that was different from theirs and they’ve made it a bigger thing then it ever was.

People in 1st world counties have such a hard time, if their biggest issue is crying over video game costumes. Most be hard having a full time job, coming home eating a full meal, taking a shower, and sleeping in a nice bed. While people are staving to death in other countries, but oh no we got to complain about sexy costumes in video games. Typical mind set of a sjw, crying about things that only effect them, and never do anything to help anyone else. 

Also people want to watch reviews of games, and not have people crying about optional quest. 99% of video games of have optional quest in them. The review is pretty bad also, he didn't even talk about pep powers, or riding monsters, but he had enough to cry about puff puff and the bunny suit. 

Edited by Hecatomb

THis threads still a thing?

If anyone is annoyed, I guarantee my repertoire of offensive jokes would have it locked quickly. I'd likely get banned too.

• Upvote 1

No one is complaining about sexy costumes. You are the person who is complaining, you are the person who brought it up in the first place.

14 hours ago, Hecatomb said:

IGN needs to fire whoever did this review

He just points out that the oversexualised dress-up of female characters is cringey.
It's not like he's wrong. That kind of juvenile fanservice is cringeworthy as hell. I'll accept it in my Dragon Quest, but I wouldn't try to convince myself that it's not super immature.

That's not the same as being an offended SJW or whatever you are reading into it.

11 hours ago, Mefista said:

If you all stop bumping this thread, I'd post a photo of two cute dogs.

Keep the thread going and I'll post a photo of two cute dongs.

Your move, Dragon's Den.

What started off the symphony of REEEEEs wasn't so much Sugiyama's comments, but the fact that him and the politician were laughing at the suicide rates. That extra bit of heartlessness was what made it cut so deep. REEEEEEsetera's reaction doesn't help things either.

It's a shame Jared Petty felt the need to put that in his review, because now it has overshadowed the overwhelmingly positive review. As a big DQ fan, he should have known that most of the sexual content in DQ has been for laughs. Some of those laughs are the same Japanese tropes you see in practically any Japanese media. The pervy old man, for example. They're never the hero and their pervy actions always get foiled. It comes across as another virtue signaling heavy set guy with a beard dude wearing a male feminist shirt. But he's a big DQ fan. The guy has a very positive Twitter account. He had an entire DQ panel at PAX with Horii. So for now let's chalk it up to an error in judgment caused by the times and not write him off completely.

If anyone is annoyed, I guarantee my repertoire of offensive jokes would have it locked quickly. I'd likely get banned too.

You have to be a serious scumbag to get banned here.
7 hours ago, Sumez said:

No one is complaining about sexy costumes. You are the person who is complaining, you are the person who brought it up in the first place.

He just points out that the oversexualised dress-up of female characters is cringey.
It's not like he's wrong. That kind of juvenile fanservice is cringeworthy as hell. I'll accept it in my Dragon Quest, but I wouldn't try to convince myself that it's not super immature.

That's not the same as being an offended SJW or whatever you are reading into it.

I mean if you are going to cry about stuff like that then don't get it, theres no reason to cry about it. I still find it funny though how offended people are by it. Typical sjw cry babies. 

9 hours ago, redneckpride4ever said:

So these forums are going to go the Tumblr/Buzzfeed route? Ban anything or anyone that offends anyone? 

Edited by Hecatomb
So these forums are going to go the Tumblr/Buzzfeed route? Ban anything or anyone that offends anyone? 
Dude nobody said anyone was going to get banned. He made a joke. I think there has only been one instance of someone getting banned here (aside from spammers and bots) and that person was given PLENTY of time to chill out beforehand.
  • Like 1
Just now, AustNerevar said:
Just now, Hecatomb said:

Dude nobody said anyone was going to get banned. He made a joke. I think there has only been one instance of someone getting banned here (aside from spammers and bots) and that person was given PLENTY of time to chill out beforehand.

I was joking though

Just now, Hecatomb said:

I was joking though

My mistake then. That wasn't apparent to me.

1 minute ago, Hecatomb said:

There are gaming sites that will straight up ban people who get offended by anything. 

I am very well aware of that. I've been banned for having the wrong ideology before.

That generally doesn't happen here as that's not the kind of admin we have and everyone is mostly adult enough to understand that everybody has different opinions.

• Upvote 1

I am very well aware of that. I've been banned for having the wrong ideology before.

That generally doesn't happen here as that's not the kind of admin we have and everyone is mostly adult enough to understand that everybody has different opinions.

It comes back to my point though, how sjws try to ruin everything about video games, if they had complete control over video games. Every game would be rated E, and every game would be completely boring, cause anytime anyone got offended by anything it would be removed. The only games would ever get made would maybe be puzzle games like Tetris, that way they couldn't cry about bunny suits, or puff puff, or cry about violence. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hecatomb said:

It comes back to my point though, how sjws try to ruin everything about video games, if they had complete control over video games. Every game would be rated E, and every game would be completely boring, cause anytime anyone got offended by anything it would be removed. The only games would ever get made would maybe be puzzle games like Tetris, that way they couldn't cry about bunny suits, or puff puff, or cry about violence. 

I agree to an extent, though maybe not quite so extreme as you put it. However, you need to realize that Dragon Quest isn't popular enough to get the attention of outrage culture. One reviewer made an asinine comment about bunny girls. And that was pretty much all that was said about the topic. I don't think it's even worth discussing beyond the initial remark of "Well, he's an idiot".

• Like 1

I agree to an extent, though maybe not quite so extreme as you put it. However, you need to realize that Dragon Quest isn't popular enough to get the attention of outrage culture. One reviewer made an asinine comment about bunny girls. And that was pretty much all that was said about the topic. I don't think it's even worth discussing beyond the initial remark of "Well, he's an idiot".

If sjws had control over games a lot of stuff would be removed, someone would cry about bunny suits, removed, crys about puff puff, removed, someone cry about it being to violent, make the game rated E, then someone would cry about it being evil, then they would have to change it again, it would just be a never ending cycle of people just crying until every game would be ruined. 

Game companies should just make the game fun, and stop listening to these kinds of people 

Edited by Hecatomb
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Megalosaro said:

"SJW"s are a myth.

(I’m sorry but I saw myth and had to use this clip)

• Like 1
  • Dwaine locked this topic