Dragon Quest XI - Dragon Quest VIII Costume Reveal Trailer

That's pretty cool!

I wonder if Square Enix would allow us to change the hairstyle. (Probably not.)

That's pretty cool!

I wonder if Square Enix would allow us to change the hairstyle. (Probably not.)
Haha, my thoughts exactly! I said that on Facebook and Michi said there's at least 1 helmet that changes appearance.
Meh.
In general, this.
21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, my thoughts exactly! I said that on Facebook and Michi said there's at least 1 helmet that changes appearance.

There's more than one outfit for the hero that changes his appearance! He's just only got ONE that covers his hair, haha. (Well, technically 2 now that the DQ8 costume exists in the Western version...)

Edited by Michi
  • Like 1
There's more than one outfit for the hero that changes his appearance! He's just only got ONE that covers his hair, haha. (Well, technically 2 now that the DQ8 costume exists in the Western version...)
Wahoo!

What's so meh about it?  It's a free gift, and it's has stat bonuses.  I'd say that's pretty darn cool.  I also wonder what it's upgrade bonuses will look like.  Some stuff it's minor changes, while others get massive bonuses.  Especially at +3.

Edited by ignasia
What's so meh about it?  It's a free gift, and it's has stat bonuses.  I'd say that's pretty darn cool.  I also wonder what it's upgrade bonuses will look like.  Some stuff it's minor changes, while others get massive bonuses.  Especially at +3.

Personally, it's one of my least favorite hero outfit. I'd rather it be armor, shield, helm. I like heros that look like Knights.

In DQ6, the second I get Amos, he's my main character in my head, and he leads my party from then on.

In DQ7, it's so sad Keifer leaves, he's my hero more than Hobo Link.

In DQ8, I love getting the armor to change out of yellow (a color I rarely if ever personally wear).

The other games I can look like a knight, so I'm good.

It's ok, it's not a big deal. But I just like not looking so... unheroic I guess. Small thing that in no way changes how I feel about the games.

You do get an Erdrick outfit in the game which is a solid replica, and two outfits that fit the description of a knight, a base model, and an upgrade form (they look identical though).  Both are VERY heavy armour.  The hero looks like an Arthurian Knight, complete with cape.

One of the oddball things about this game and equipment options...there are only a handful of DQ3 class look-alikes.

The Hero -> The Hero

Erik -> Merchant

Serena -> psuedo Sage (not quite a Sage...but almost there)

8th -> Warrior

I guess Jade's initial getup is close to a Martial Artist, but not really.  That's it from what I can find, but then there are a LOT of hidden pieces of equipment that a lot of sites don't mention.  So who knows, maybe everyone has something that fits a particular archetype.  I forget who, but one looks like a Pirate from Dragon Quest VII 3DS.  That's a nifty outfit change.

I do prefer other Hero outfits, and frankly would accept a DLC armour package with other DQ costume gear.  I think Japan would be all over that too.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 1

You do get an Erdrick outfit in the game which is a solid replica, and two outfits that fit the description of a knight, a base model, and an upgrade form (they look identical though).  Both are VERY heavy armour.  The hero looks like an Arthurian Knight, complete with cape.

That's awesome news!
1 hour ago, ignasia said:

I have my reasons, but I’m not gonna share them here because I hate sounding cynical. It reminds me too much of when I was dealing with depression issues since that really affected my posting/actions here for a long time.

I hecking love this. DQ8 is my favourite game in the series. This being free day1 is an awesome bonus.