Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

August of Ambition

I think I’m almost done with Anor Londo in Dark Souls Remastered. Since getting some help elsewhere (mainly answering questions I had on stats and weapon upgrading) I’ve done MUCH better in killing enemies. Ran into trouble with the infamous archer duo of the Anor Londo rooftops, but I’m feeling more confident and that I can beat the game again. The terrible damage I was doing for so long was really discouraging.

Meanwhile the Trails of Cold Steel kids are still sitting on the long train to nowhere in chapter 3.

I think I’m almost done with Anor Londo in Dark Souls Remastered. Since getting some help elsewhere (mainly answering questions I had on stats and weapon upgrading) I’ve done MUCH better in killing enemies. Ran into trouble with the infamous archer duo of the Anor Londo rooftops, but I’m feeling more confident and that I can beat the game again. The terrible damage I was doing for so long was really discouraging.
Meanwhile the Trails of Cold Steel kids are still sitting on the long train to nowhere in chapter 3.
The Northern Highlands might be remote, but they're not nowhere.

In Joker news, despite a kinda long last dungeon, I beat the boss (throwback to Joker 1) only for him to get stronger and kick me out of the moon or sky island he's on. Now I have to work my way back to him flying through space. They gave me a Godbird to do it, but I have my own 3-slot dragon thank you very much.

Damn, first sub boss after all this sucked. Looks like I'm going to have to refight boss battles from earlier, but with the bosses increased to size 4 Monters. Damn, their attacks hit all and they hit 3 times per turn. I almost died on the first!

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The Northern Highlands might be remote, but they're not nowhere

The long train to nowhere is because my progress is going nowhere in that game...again. I’ve enjoyed the game the more I play it, but it seems too easy to set it aside. It’s weird.

The long train to nowhere is because my progress is going nowhere in that game...again. I’ve enjoyed the game the more I play it, but it seems too easy to set it aside. It’s weird.
It took me 70ish hours over 3 months, I get it!

Whew, Joker 3 end game is taking forever. Of course plotting out to get an SS monster is time-consuming... I've got everything now for that bottom one. But I'm one island away from the (maybe, I got burned before) final boss. Been working though a phalanx of resized versions of every boss in the game, so this feels more final now.

Of course there's probably a huge post game. 95f33eca85916589fd5127dd4747206d.jpg

Getting annoyed. I breezed through the phalanx of bosses like they were nothing. Final boss? 3 losses so far. I cannot heal enough. Why? Well, the spell Fullheal is #$*!. Here's the stats from the same monster with like 800 INT.

Fullheal costs 90MP and heals ~300HP
Multiheal costs 60MP and heals everyone ~300HP.

WTF!

I only recently sought out Fullheal and it's #$*!. I've used it with other monsters too... Doesn't fully heal. With monsters having over 1000HP and the final boss getting 3-4 turns that attack everyone, my healer just can't keep up! Backup healing is ok, but then I can't do damage.

Grrrrrrr. I'll have my SS monster tomorrow morning when my metal disc (how you visit the land with all metal monsters) recharges. Don't know how it'll help unless it's a 1 or 2-slot monster. Suddenly having my best monster as a 3-slot one isn't so good.

Sounds like you need multiple monsters with multiheal.

I managed to get through Anor Londo. Damn man, the battle with Ornstein and Smough is fun but tough. You really have to use the environment to your advantage as much as possible, both before and after you kill one of them. Now I have to hunt down the 4 who possess souls strong enough to power the Lordvessel so I can succeed Lord Gwyn. I’m not really a fan of linking the flame endings in the series, but may as well do the weakest ending first (IMO).

Anyway, I’ve started my search in the Demon Ruins. The magma filled caverns are a cool environment. Makes me think of Crocodile Cauldron from Donkey Kong Country 2.

Edit: To continue on with my progress, I’m now up to Lost Izalith. The Centipede Demon boss before this area was annoying to deal with, namely because you cannot touch the lava thanks to how fast your health drains. Luckily cutting off one of the centipede heads nets you a ring that sharply reduces lava damage, which really helped out in the boss and in Lost Izalith.

I’m thinking I’ll detour off to the Catacombs next time I play, see if I can’t find Gravelord Nito. I’m aware of what the boss is for Lost Izalith, and I really don’t feel like dealing with it right now. It’s arguably the most hated boss in all of SoulsBorne.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Took a full 24 hours, but I did knock off Joker 3 today!

Spent a good part of last night and this morning building up to my first SS ranked monster (a Light Blue Great Dragon recolor).  Even unlocked some super advanced skillsets that I'd not bothered to anywhere else.  Then Plattym4 woke up and wanted to see me take on the final boss (I'd lost 3 times last night).  Left SS behind and used my main party.  Won.

I guess the AI is pretty crappy.  I'd been leaving 2 of my 3 monsters up to the AI for when to heal and what skills to use (typically they decide spell or physical perfectly).  Taking full control, healing and using Kabuff every single round (to force the boss to use disruptive wave 1 of their 3 turns each time) did it.  Won easily, never even got in critical low health or thought of bringing in my size 3 awesome dragon to help.

Spent 17 hours on Original Sin so far, and we still aren't out of the first area!

As far as I recall though, each area is really huge, with the first one especially taking a big bite of the pie, and getting into the system and controls is a big part of it.

My FromSoftware conquest is going better, and I am now well into Shadow Tower. Really hoping to complete it before the end of the week, so I can get started on either Eternal Ring or King's Field IV.

Still no Tetris practice.

Edited by Sumez

Just finished Shadow Tower, which means that.... I also just started up Eternal Ring!

It's pretty incredible going from the PS1 KF and ST games into this, as it's such a huge visual upgrade. Even playing in 480i feels like crazy next-gen. And this game is famous for being really ugly for a PS2 game, so that just shows what a little perspective can do.

Supposedly it's also the worst of the KF+spinoffs lineage, but so far it seems nice.

So, I wanted to finish a quick game before Dragon Quest XI came in so I decided on Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, a game that’s been sitting downloaded on my old 3DS for a couple years now. It’s basically Punch-Out!! but with samurai (and also way easier). I’m just happy to have it off my backlog. However, I started it before I found out Dragon Quest XI won’t come in until a few days later then release, and I just beat Sakura Samurai so I dunno what to play now. Pokémon Yellow, Demon Gaze II, and probably Dragon Warrior III are all too long.

How rude, I started this and forgot to update.

Finished Child of Light last weekend and just about 4 hours ago finished up Cosmic Star Heroine. Both good games. Completely blank slate for DQXI tomorrow night.

Figured I’d play Walking Dead on the Vita. Out of every game I’ve ever played, I think I’ve played this one on the most consoles. The first two episodes on iPhone (glitch fest), PC (wouldn’t play, my computer at the time was a pile of #$*!), PS3 (actually beat it and played the sequel). This’ll be the fourth system I’ve played it on.

Despite my criticisms of the Telltale formula and how stupid it is to play more then once for the sake of seeing how your choices effect the game (because they rarely do and oftentimes you see cracks in the game by going back), I maintain that this game remains great on multiple playthroughs in the same way a TV show can be worth watching multiple times. I know my choices don’t matter much, but I care enough about Clementine to want to look out for her and do things in her best interest. Wolf Among Us just let you be a dickhead or levelheaded with only the last big choice being the one that affects people’s final opinion on you

(for real dude, I ripped your arm off why are you being civil to me? I didn’t burn your tree down, why are you treating me almost exactly the same as if I chose to burn it? I killed a guy, Snow, and all you’re doing is giving me a wag of your finger?).

And I stand by all my moral choices in The Walking Dead (not stealing from the car, saving Ben, saving Carly because why would anyone choose Doug) and wouldn’t change them no matter how many times I play come what may.

50 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

How rude, I started this and forgot to update.

Haha not only that, I commented on here so the topic was visible in All Activity and you still had like a full discussion in the “What RPGs are you playing” topic shortly afterward where you mentioned beating CSH.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Got most of the moons in Mario Odyssey, and finished "the journey's end"
Finished Eternal Ring, but I still have the last King's Field game left to do.
We've been making a ton of progress in Divinity Original Sin, but it's a loooong game.
Basically no Tetris practice at all.

But then again, Dragon Quest XI still didn't arrive, so I probably have a few more weeks before it comes.