Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

August of Ambition

With DQXI coming out early September, I have goals for the next 4 weeks!

1. Finish Joker 3 - I just passed the Rank A test and #$*! just got real. Found some hidden base with a whole bunch of interesting-looking clones.  Without a breeding guide for this game, I'm pretty much stuck with a bunch of B & C +40ish and a couple A +50 rank monsters, can't figure out a freaking S rank combo yet at all.  Having healing problems because I can't find a skill tree with anything better than Midheal.  Maxing out the Healer trait doesn't lead to Healer+ like pretty much every other skill tree.  Hmmmm...

2. Finish Child of Light - can't really say how far I am as the odd saving and no time stamp is a bit weird.  I have recruited 5 or 6 total characters so far and from the map maybe I'm a little more than 1/2 way...?  I'm on chapter 6 of this absolutely beautiful game.

3. Finish Cosmic Star Heroine - again, I don't know how far I am.  I got the game right at launch for Vita and it had a bug where the time didn't count correctly.  I think I'm around 4-6 hours into it.  Like Child of Light, it's not a long game, maybe under 20 total.

My master's thesis is all but done.  Finished it, but need some changes made per my adviser's recommendations.  Maybe 1 or 2 evenings worth of work, but it's due at the end of the month, so I'm RPGing like crazy to get a clean slate for DQXI!

Anyone else rushing to finish stuff before DQXI comes out?

Completing Wolf Among Us, beating Grand Kingdom and Pokemon Yellow before Dragon Quest XI. I might skip Yellow in favor of Gravity Rush 2, but I’m dreading having to re-acclimate myself to the controls.

• Like 1

I might rush to finish Trails of Cold Steel, but we’ll see. I don’t like to rush just to finish a game unless I’m absolutely not enjoying it.

I know I’ll have Dark Souls Remastered finished before DQ11 comes out though. I always get glued to SoulsBorne games even if they keep kicking my arse.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

I'm shock full of RPGs at the moment :S

I am working through the King's Field series, so I really need to be done with that before setting time aside for DQXI. The question here is whether both Shadow Tower games and Eternal Ring should be considered a part of that.

I also just started replaying Divinity Original Sin with my girlfriend since I got the enhanced edition of it, and really want to try that game with couch co-op instead of the awkward networked laptops we set up last time. I know she would hate for me to just stop that to play Dragon Quest. And she would hate Dragon Quest after that.

In case I get a video game for my birthday later this month things get really cramped, as I would be a shitty boyfriend to not play that through before starting another big project.

...and inbetween all of this, I need to get a ton of Tetris practice down to be ready for September and October. Oh, and go to work and such.

Edited by Sumez

12 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I'm shock full of RPGs at the moment :S

I am working through the King's Field series, so I really need to be done with that before setting time aside for DQXI. The question here is whether both Shadow Tower games and Eternal Ring should be considered a part of that.

I also just started replaying Divinity Original Sin with my girlfriend since I got the enhanced edition of it, and really want to try that game with couch co-op instead of the awkward networked laptops we set up last time. I know she would hate for me to just stop that to play Dragon Quest. And she would hate Dragon Quest after that.

In case I get a video game for my birthday later this month things get really cramped, as I would be a shitty boyfriend to not play that through before starting another big project.

...and inbetween all of this, I need to get a ton of Tetris practice down to be ready for September and October. Oh, and go to work and such.

And there's my curiosity sparked: What's the September/October tie to Tetris?

Ooh, I have a topic like this going on Gamefaqs, only I use it as a weekly update.

1) Working on a Skill + Spell + Pep + Character stat Guide for DQ11 (doesn't look like we're going to get a strategy guide, at least one that isn't online).

2) Working on an Equipment FAQ for DQ11

- Given the amount of new stuff, there are a surprising amount of new skill, spell, item, and equipment names.  A lot of forging ingredients do use DQ9 items though, so that's a bonus, and not many new items, except mostly those related to the Pep system.

3) Bloodborne.  Brought my character to the following stats, before taking on chalice dungeons for some good gems, then teh rest of the game: 50/40/50/50/20/8.  Dumping the next two levels into Arcane, then either Strength or Skill all the way to 99.

4) Wild ARMs 3, halfway through, into the second chapter, want to finish before DQ11.

5) DQ7 stuff and working on the monster FAQ.

2 minutes ago, ignasia said:

1) Working on a Skill + Spell + Pep + Character stat Guide for DQ11 (doesn't look like we're going to get a strategy guide, at least one that isn't online).

2) Working on an Equipment FAQ for DQ11

Ohh, can I replicate your data here in the Den's database?

My main goal is to finish Octopath Traveler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

My main goal is to finish Octopath Traveler.

I am playing it as well, don't think I will get done by the XI release date though

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

I am playing it as well, don't think I will get done by the XI release date though

So... the demo played well :wink:

32 minutes ago, Prince of Cannock said:

Just started Suikoden 3! I’m hoping to finish it before DQ11 comes out.

#1 is my #1 game to get playing on the Vita after DQXI.  Yangus & I have never played, so we'll give that series a whirl!

5 hours ago, Woodus said:

Ohh, can I replicate your data here in the Den's database?

Of course, by now you should know not to ask, it's the same with the DQ wiki.  I put in every FAQ I write, by default, that this site can host (so if you want the data and not the FAQ itself).

I would just want the data out there period.  Plus, I'm taking it from Japanese sites, so, if you just take from me, the cycle is complete!

I'll start a dump thread when the FAQs are ready.

Edited by ignasia

37 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I'll start a dump thread when the FAQs are ready.

Dump thread? What does FAQ stand for, “Frequently Ass Quapping”?

51 minutes ago, eal said:

Dump thread? What does FAQ stand for, “Frequently Ass Quapping”?

Well, when you open up a game, something has to come out of the backside...it has to be put somewhere!

Edited by ignasia

1 hour ago, ignasia said:

Well, when you open up a game, something has to come out of the backside...it has to be put somewhere!

One of my teachers said something like this in biology.

23 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

One of my teachers said something like this in biology.

You had to wait that long? I had to learn that lesson when I was two.

Just playing some RPGs, for me.

14 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

What's the September/October tie to Tetris?

I'm going to both the European championships in September, and flying to USA for the World Championships in October.

I'm not good enough to compete on a serious level, but I want to at least not be a chump!

• Like 1

Joker 3 is about to go down.  Spent 8-10 hours breeding this week.  This has been invaluable for making great A & S monsters, and I'm ready to head into the final part of the game (and maybe some post game!)

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=181137&StartRow=11#bottom

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Spent 8-10 hours breeding this week

PLATTY! Too much information! 😂

(I’m sorry I couldn’t resist)

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

30 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

PLATTY! Too much information! 😂

While on the surface it may seem like a simple copy + paste job, in reality Plattym4 & Plattym5 didn't come from nowhere!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

While on the surface it may seem like a simple copy + paste job, in reality Plattym4 & Plattym5 didn't come from nowhere!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Since it’s relevant to my first post, I completed Wolf Among Us. This isn’t that impressive, it just involves going backwards to earlier episodes and doing something differently to get a missing Book of Fables entry.

Telltale really shouldn’t have added this feature. Their games are the opposite of replayable because going back and seeing what would have happened if you made a different choice exposes all of the holes in the game. Choosing different dialogue options resulted in bizarre stilted responses that were unique to that option, which would then flow into the rest of what the character says, regardless of choices, which didn’t match with what was just said as well as some other options did.

But the worst were the serious choices you make. In episode three, you have the option to kill Tweedle Dee (or Dum, don’t remember), but this doesn’t alter the way Snow White sees you very much at all, it can be used against you in the final chapter, but it holds no sway on the crowds’ overall judgement of you, and the Tweedles are seen for all of five minutes combined in the two episodes after you kill him or spare him. Walking Dead had a similar issue. You would have to save one person over another, but then the person you saved would appear in a reduced capacity in the next episode, and killed in the one following that.

There was a moment where I could choose to burn down a woman’s magic tree or leave it as is. If I burned it down, it would be used against me in the final episode. If I tortured my captive in Episode 2 it would be used against me. Killing one of the Tweedles, ripping a guy’s arm off. All these things appear to sway the crowd towards me or against me...only for a character to appear unannounced and sway the crowd in my favor. Regardless of my choices, the only choice that mattered was the final one. No characters would be spared by the right set of dialogue options, I don’t get a different ending, characters will react the same way towards me whether I rip a guy’s arm off or show him mercy. 

I think Joker 3 is going down today. Thank goodness I found that Nintendo forum and the post with the dude about S ranked monsters. I have 7 or 8 of them now. Got a 3-slot dragon that I wouldn't even put in my top 4 stat-wise, but he's a 1-monster wrecking crew with his attacks recently. Even had him doing Hellfire for 999 damage to a trio of enemies. Game clock says 33 hours, probably 10 of them have been monster breeding & time in the metal place you can access pretty early. When you can fly around hour 20, you can access liquid metal Slimes. Fairies exist to double or quadruple experience. Finally got monsters strong enough to 1-shot all metal creatures, so in the last 5 hours this has been frequent enough! 24209fa0c5c64fdcfe915cc642c0aa84.jpg96bfc57a1caea40146218c0e06f1941d.jpg00028eb4808a5f1ba4cb571751664ff8.jpg