Sign in to follow this  
DranzerX13

Want the 1991 Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken anime (2007 remaster) on Hidive?

Do you want the 1991 Dragon Quest Quest: Dai no Dai Daibouken (2007 remaster) anime to be streamed officially with English subtiles? Go on over to Hidive's Content Request Survey below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TYKYMG8

Discotek's contact page:

http://www.discotekmedia.com/contact.htm

Japan has aired the show in 1991 with a total of 46 episodes, has 25 VHS tapes (46 episodes and 2 Specials), and aired again on the Toei Channel in 2007 with a new master.

Note: For those who don't know about Hidive, they're an official streaming service much like Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, VRV, FunimationNow. They're region is US and Canada mainly, but they have select anime titles available in other regions as well.

If Hidive or Discotek get the rights, then there will be official DVDs for the series the first time ever.

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/dqdai

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonquest/comments/946sfh/want_the_1991_dragon_quest_dai_no_daibouken_anime/

https://twitter.com/DranzerX13/status/1025232985295994880

http://dranzerx13.tumblr.com/post/176580008966/want-the-1991-dragon-quest-dai-no-daibouken-anime

Edited by DranzerX13

I wouldn’t bank on Hidive. They’re a streaming service offered by Sentai Filmworks specifically, and they rarely pick up older shows, aside from some OVAs that are like 4 episodes long.

You mentioned Discotek, and frankly they’re the more likely option. They’re known to pick up practically anything and will package like a trillion episodes onto one DVD. For example, they just licensed Reborn! and will be selling the first 101 episodes in one set. I’m waiting on Cyborg 009 Cyborg Soldier myself. Yeah, they’re the “old anime” people that you should Bank on for old Dragon Quest anime.

They do license old shows but at the moment they mostly focus on new shows. In terms of seasonal anime, Crunchyroll/Funimation doesn’t take it, Hidive does. They’re also trying to make their own broadcast dubs. Unless it’s a popular bestseller, they’re not gonna go rummaging through the basement to dig out a Dragon Quest anime between all that other stuff they’re working on.

I’d still bank on Discotek.

As an aside, I did a little digging and I guess my earlier comment about Hidive being a streaming service “by Sentai Filmworks” is somewhat inaccurate. It seems like it’s just a streaming platform that’s partnered with Sentai maybe? I dunno because it’s often referred to by other people as Sentai’s thing and they broke off from Amazon and put most of their focus on this new thing. So I can’t tell if they are literally a part of Sentai or just partnered with them very closely, enough to host their dubs and most of their shows and movies.

Edited by eal

My playlist:

These encodes are from my very own VHS tapes, and I encoded them myself. Everything from the tapes are included.

Tapes 3+ (Eps 6+) OP > episode with recap no eyecatch > eyecatch > episode with no recap or eyecatch > ED
So, I have the Chinese version files, they show where the eyecatches go. I've restored them.
Plus, I use the French version of the recaps for the even numbered eps (6, 8, 10, etc) I use French version as reference and piece together the scenes with my VHS encodes. I restored all missing scenes from the VHS tapes.

1 episode uploaded every Friday on my YouTube channel. I have all 46 episodes English translated. 1-14 (Based off of Frenchies subs with translation corrections and new edits) 15-24 (Anime-Koi's releases, again will do translation checking) 25-46 (Anime-Koi as well, they gave me the unreleased scripts they did). I might not have to use ARR's 25-32 translations, but we'll see. All these episodes on my YouTube channel have all the new editing done, but translation check not nuch. Look forward to Tenshi Fansubs releasing the first 8 episodes with all the translation corrections on nyaa next Friday. They picked up the series thanks to yours truly.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Like 1

I used to have few eps of that on my youtube (38,39 & 42), TOEI kicked my ass pretty strongly for that one.Tho it wasn't dubbed or subbed. Either way, be carefil with that.

Edited by Mefista

I downloaded the first 26 or so episodes, but I could barely get through the first 8. This series is meant for the Shonen audience, for sure. I'd prefer to see the Abel Yuusha anime get subbed officially as it's closer in style to a main series DQ game.

7th element is close to a complete fan sub of Abel Yuusha in the meantime.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 8:56 PM, DranzerX13 said:

My playlist:

These encodes are from my very own VHS tapes, and I encoded them myself. Everything from the tapes are included.

Tapes 3+ (Eps 6+) OP > episode with recap no eyecatch > eyecatch > episode with no recap or eyecatch > ED
So, I have the Chinese version files, they show where the eyecatches go. I've restored them.
Plus, I use the French version of the recaps for the even numbered eps (6, 8, 10, etc) I use French version as reference and piece together the scenes with my VHS encodes. I restored all missing scenes from the VHS tapes.

1 episode uploaded every Friday on my YouTube channel. I have all 46 episodes English translated. 1-14 (Based off of Frenchies subs with translation corrections and new edits) 15-24 (Anime-Koi's releases, again will do translation checking) 25-46 (Anime-Koi as well, they gave me the unreleased scripts they did). I might not have to use ARR's 25-32 translations, but we'll see. All these episodes on my YouTube channel have all the new editing done, but translation check not nuch. Look forward to Tenshi Fansubs releasing the first 8 episodes with all the translation corrections on nyaa next Friday. They picked up the series thanks to yours truly.

Just wanted to say thanks for uploading them, I've never seen then before. Got a bit confused with the French recaps played, but that explains it. 🤣

I got to talk to a Netflix rep through the phone about Dai no Daibouken, they seem interested. Before that, I submitted a request form, then I called them. I told the guy that it would make a great Netflix original. The rep said he would put in a good word for me.

Edited by DranzerX13

On 8/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, Liamland said:

I downloaded the first 26 or so episodes, but I could barely get through the first 8. This series is meant for the Shonen audience, for sure. I'd prefer to see the Abel Yuusha anime get subbed officially as it's closer in style to a main series DQ game.

7th element is close to a complete fan sub of Abel Yuusha in the meantime.

Yes, and he has done a great job. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:56 PM, DranzerX13 said:

My playlist:

Did Youtube cast Whack on your channel?