Sign in to follow this  
Brother Jaybird

Dragon Quest Wishlist

I did a cursory glance in the General Dragon Quest section and didn't find a proper topic for it, so list your ideal Dragon Quest game, something that you would love to play.

Here's my foremost item: a Dragon Quest Heroes installment where we get to fight all the cool top-level monsters from the modern remakes of Terry's and Monsters 2, and from Joker 3. (Mostly because I want to see a planet-sized Metal Star and kill it).

589.jpg

This post is gonna be like Schrodinger’s Cat. There are two possible intentions to my post, ironic or unironic. Until you click on it, you can’t be sure which it is, so the only way to know for certain is to observe my answer.

dating sim elements

I’m experimenting with uses for spoiler tags, expect more like this coming down the pipe.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Jump All Stars-ish fighting game.

I'd really like an SRPG Dragon Quest game.

AlsoI just thought of this but a DQ compilation of the mainline games would be amazing.

-A first person dungeon crawler that focuses on job classes. If you switch to another job class you could select a few skills/spells you learned from previous classes. This could be tooled around with, letting you have some hybrid classes of sorts.

-A fighting game in the style of a Capcom Vs. or Arksys game. One that features characters from all the games, including spin-offs.

-A sequel to Dragon Quest Theatrhythm that expands the soundtrack options and includes the spin-off game soundtracks. A Curtain Call version basically. Seriously, why the hell were spin off game soundtracks excluded in the first place?

-

I want a main game-type story and 600+ monsters to recruit. I want characters and recruitable monsters galore. Each main character is introduced in their own long chapter where they're a monster trainer. Then in an epic final chapter they all team up. The battles are 6 on ...well, lots. Turn-based and your party must have 3 human and 3 monsters at all times in the final chapter. Monsters can wear armor & equip weapons like people.

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I want a main game-type story and 600+ monsters to recruit. I want characters and recruitable monsters galore. Each main character is introduced in their own long chapter where they're a monster trainer. Then in an epic final chapter they all team up. The battles are 6 on ...well, lots. Turn-based and your party must have 3 human and 3 monsters at all times in the final chapter. Monsters can wear armor & equip weapons like people.

Caravan Heart 2: Chapters of the Chosen

Caravan Heart 2: Chapters of the Chosen
Take away the weight system, set human characters, no hunger, and that sounds good.

Legend of Grimrock - Dragon Quest.

First-person dungeon crawler, kind of like Eterian Odyssey. Also dark and gritty.

Edited by RyuKisargi

For something a bit more conventional... a package with DQ I-IV Famicom/NES versions would be a nice. Sure you can emulate them but it'd still be nice to have a better way to play them these days. Sometimes you just wanna play the originals.

They have the TV-hooker doo-dads now, how about an arcade stick version of DQ1-4 NES or DQ1-3 GBC or MOB? :D?

1 minute ago, Fates said:

For something a bit more conventional... a package with DQ I-IV Famicom/NES versions would be a nice. Sure you can emulate them but it'd still be nice to have a better way to play them these days. Sometimes you just wanna play the originals.

YES. They need re-release the older versions of the game. I don’t understand why of all the franchises out there, Dragon Quest never does this. It’s be sweet to have access to the original NES versions, or the PS1 version of Dragon Warrior 7.

They did release the Famicom I-III on the Wii, but naturally we didn't get it.

3 minutes ago, Fates said:

They did release the Famicom I-III on the Wii, but naturally we didn't get it.

That one with the Super Famicom versions is the one very rare occasion where it happened, likely only because of the 25th anniversary.

It's also in the eShop. But it's in JAPAONESES

17 minutes ago, RyuKisargi said:

It's also in the eShop. But it's in JAPAONESES

The mobile versions are, not the NES/Famicom originals. The mobile versions of 1-3 were straight up ported to the 3DS, just with a slightly better resolution.

I can kinda deal with the DQ1-3 remakes because they are pretty faithful to the originals. I think we'll get the PS4 versions when DQXI comes out. I asked Michi, but she probably couldn't answer and I understand that.

A bit off topic... it's FF3 that I wish would get a proper re-release. The DS version was not the same game. I think the Famicom FF3 is one of the best of the FF series.

2 hours ago, RyuKisargi said:

They have the TV-hooker doo-dads now

TV Hookers have been using doo-dads for a long time, man. Little late to that party.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The mobile versions are, not the NES/Famicom originals. The mobile versions of 1-3 were straight up ported to the 3DS, just with a slightly better resolution.

Also ported to the PS4.

Also with really shitty, and I mean absolutely awful reworked models for the Hero, all NPCs, all recruits, and especially all Monsters.  At least the Character models are based on DQ1 mobile's artistic style, so they still at least attempt to look like Toriyama's work, just with shiny plastic-like gloss that is common in so much mobile trash...like FF5 and 6 mobile.

However, the monsters look NOTHING like Toriyama's work.  It's like a half-baked child's conglomeration of Toriyama's artstyle with Western Fantasy art of the style you see in Aesop's Fable releases.  It's horrendous, and it doesn't even come with animation.  Whoever signed off on them, and I very highly doubt Horii did in this case, should be dragged through the streets of Shibuya, tarred, feathered, forced into a mock execution, and have it live streamed to every videoscreen throughout Tokyo, and online.

It is so ungodly and unsightly terrible in some ways I pray they never release them here, at the same time I know I'd buy them just because.

They're a disgrace.  DQ3 especially, but they all deserve much better than this treatment.  Plus, all of the gooey goodness of the Pachisi boards in 3 SFC, which if memory serves, were well liked and received.  Whoever is calling the shots on these shoddy ports clearly has their head up their ass if they think the DQ3 mobile numbers mean anything relative to the SFC and even GBC versions.  It spiked only because they made it free on DQ3's anniversary because it's DQ3, and sales never spiked for any of the other releases afterwards. They're still at the same levels.  It's just the nature of mobile releases...a good game that's complete and free = download.  Just like Freemium or F2P games...their download numbers are always huge, and the money comes in from the addiction ridden players.  Nevermind the GBC changes to the armours balanced out what were worthless wastes of time, or just fun diversionary equipment, and they could easily reintroduce the GBC's 2nd dungeon without the Medal system.

---------==============----------

To the topic at hand:

I'll have to make a post later, I didn't intend to read the other posts and comment, but this being a dangerously open-ended topic, expect a very long post.

Edited by ignasia

Something with a combination of all my favs in it, I guess? I really want to see more or Ladja-san. Or maybe a game based on the Abel Yuusha animu.

There are a lot of mechanics I would like to see return/altered and games localized, but for the sake of this, I'll forget about those and try to be a bit more original.

I wouldn't mind a battle royale style game. It isn't exactly my type of game but I'm always open for more multiplayer games that I don't need to have friends with me in person (because my friends kinda suck, but I digress).

Also some kind of fighting game, like Tekken but with Dragon Quest. I think that could be really neat although I dislike the Tekken mechanics. I prefer Smash Bros but I think most other fighting games would be an overall better fit.

I’d love to see the old Anime series given a proper dub by SIDE made to resemble the modern games.

A new DQ game that uses V’s family and marriage but more thought out with the choices. I imagine something like Ocarina of Time where you, as a kid, spend significant time with your would-be brides as children, then one time skip later if it feels like a more proper choice.

And of course, if it counts, I REALLY want a DQ rep in Smash.