The Dragon Quest XI Anticipation thread!

Not sure if lucky or unlucky for waiting the Steam release because anticipating the odds of having it earlier than the expected date would kill me. 
"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Wait, lemme check the status again argh it's been 5 minutes since the last time I checked, come on already!"
Same here. I'm just hoping they let us preload the game
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we have just 67 more days until this game finally comes out in the West!   Who else just can't wait for this game to finally come out?

36 more days to go!   This Saturday was one year since they announced it was coming to the US.  I remember that day well as I was waiting to take my wife in for a C section for our second li

So I purchased the liquid metal slime 2ds LL.  I thought that was all I was getting from my purchase, but I got DQXI with it, and I wasn't aware it sold with the 2ds LL so this is great.  I AM WITH TH

Posted Images

Uhm. Has anyone else gotten their Steam key from GreenmanGaming yet?

3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Uhm. Has anyone else gotten their Steam key from GreenmanGaming yet?

Nope. They said we'll get them near launch so I assume Monday. Weird for them, they usually don't give a damn and send the keys as soon as the preloads are available. Oh well.

21 hours ago, eal said:

Amazon is mostly pretty solid when it comes to deliveries arriving on time, so in your case, if you are, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Yeah they have been pretty solid in recent memory the only two games I can think of that had release date delivery and they flubbed was Metroid Samus Returns and relevantly Dragon Quest VIII 3DS,plus I was born to worry.

Well, I got my copy in today.

http:// https://twitter.com/Omaewamo/status/1035913751537623043

I'm about 6 hours in, and I'm loving it. Trophies aren't online, but I can look at the local list of them. The SQEX CE DLC codes also aren't live yet, those will go up Tuesday. I already know what I'm blowing all those skill seeds on.

Edited by Bururian
2 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Well, I got my copy in today.

http:// https://twitter.com/Omaewamo/status/1035913751537623043

I'm about 6 hours in, and I'm loving it. Trophies aren't online, but I can look at the local list of them. The SQEX CE DLC codes also aren't live yet, those will go up Tuesday. I already know what I'm blowing all those skill seeds on.

The codes are live.  Have been since yesterday from multiple gfaqs reports.

Honestly glad people are getting the game early and late as well because I had this impression we’d all pretty much be starting at the same time, maybe the people that got digital copies starting a couple hours earlier, and made me more anxious about having to wait a couple days after it came out knowing I’d be a couple days behind the discussion and excitement. But so many people are already playing it several days ahead of everyone or are gonna be waiting a while for it, that this isn’t really a concern anymore.

• Like 1

No, not the codes that are included as the insert with the game. The extra DLC the Edition of Lost Time gets. It states on the page of the product listing that those codes don't go live until launch day.

8cpWFK8.png

I haven't been able to afford it so one of my best friends offered to order the Edition of Lost Time for me... but it's already sold out.

I am very glad I took my vacation a few days after release.  Labor day and Sunday, I mean even if I paid for two day shipping that leaves me til wednesday, thursday at the latest.  beyond that.  I'm so excited. I HAVE to qoute this just because it is the perfect thing for the situation.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, Woodus said:

Squirrel...Sorry, this just keeps popping into my head when I read this topic

antici.gif

pation.gif

Anyone ordered from the UK Square Enix store, should I have a tracking code yet, it "shipped" nearly 2 weeks ago?

Also waiting for a key from GMG. 😢

Edit: Scratch that, just got my key!

Edited by Chris

I can confirm I've got my Dragon Quest XI pre-load key from Green Man Gaming!

Green Man Gaming.png

So its after 10PM  here going into Labor Day tomorrow and I still haven't been charged nor has it shipped nor does it even say preparing to ship all the while still say arriving Tuesday.So are the gonna pull of the impossible and ship it on not a business day or is it like coming from Springfield,MA,Fall River,MA or Nashua NH and they're gonna ship it the at 12:01 AM on Tuesday since if a package is not at my post office at like 6 in the morning  then it sits there for a whole day.This is all I can think of right now.

Dragon Quest XI situation.gif

So the Steam version says it will be 1 day and 12 hours before it unlocks. That can't right can it? That would be nearly 11 AM CST of the 4th. I figured it would unlock at midnight.

Phew. One more day.

I still haven't decided whether I'll take one day off work for the release, or two.

I figure even with a gym session, I can get 8-10 hours a day in of solid play, given I don't have to work.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:19 AM, Sumez said:

Seems my package hasn't moved for the past three days. Now I'm worried if I'll even have it by release day.

Still no changes since Friday morning. I'm getting really worried, because SE sent it from Franche, and every single time I've received a package from France, La Poste has screwed up the tracking, so the Danish postal services are unable to track it.
Not that they are any better (in fact they are probably the worst services in the world), but this one is on the frenchies.

It's probably been waiting in the post office since Friday, and I haven't gottan any notice. That would be standard practice from those hats.

Edited by Sumez

Got my GMG key yesterday and the CE was just delivered to my mom's adress. Good Squenix, second time I've used the store and now it's one day early instead of 3 days late.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Mine just shipped with Amazon. Here tomorrow as always predicted.

Ditto here, collectors edition shows 9/5 though, but at least I should be able to play it Tuesday evening.

• Like 1
Ditto here, collectors edition shows 9/5 though, but at least I should be able to play it Tuesday evening.
The estimate for mine says the 5th as well. However tracking info says its in Birmingham. I don't see why it should take an extra day to get to me. It will likely arrive tomorrow.