Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

The Dragon Quest XI Anticipation thread!

Got a mail that my order is now completed, and they debited my card. I wonder if this means they shipped it already? Probably not, but one could hope.

No I don't believe it does. I got my card charged like two weeks ago.

43 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

No I don't believe it does. I got my card charged like two weeks ago.

But you probably also live a place where that's not illegal to do :D

I'm a little late to the party, but I decided to preorder the standard edition PS4 version, and I'm really happy to be getting it soon!

As I posted to socials today, but will spell it correctly here.

Eleven days to go until we can crack it "up to 11"!

Up to 11.png

• Like 1

I ordered a DQXI shirt off of eBay today! Can't wait to get it and wear it while I play this awesome game!

2 hours ago, cobolisdead said:

I ordered a DQXI shirt off of eBay today! Can't wait to get it and wear it while I play this awesome game!

That is awesome.

Show us a picture!

1029319754_Upto11.thumb.png.c550a55cc095ebcea397cbd999827aac.png
Haha. We had a t-shirt for a faculty retreat we did this summer adding a 11th commitment to our parent company's 10. It looked exactly like that.

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, Woodus said:

1029319754_Upto11.thumb.png.c550a55cc095ebcea397cbd999827aac.png

Haha. We had a t-shirt for a faculty retreat we did this summer adding a 11th commitment to our parent company's 10. It looked exactly like that.

At my last job, some managers went to a Pride parade and got what I believe are shirts from the company to wear there. They had a spare and they just gave it to me. It was a size too small, so I gave it away, which I regret now that I’m able to fit in it.

Edited by eal

On 8/24/2018 at 1:40 PM, cprmauldin said:

That is awesome.

Show us a picture!

It is just the one that they have been giving away at the cons for the last few months.  Not being anywhere close the the West Coast I just ordered it off of Ebay. It should be here tomorrow though!

First time posting in this thread. I checked out HappyConsoleGamer's unboxing of the Edition of Lost Time. Gotta admit I'm sort jealous.

I have the soundtrack already so I passed on the big box. And honestly the soundtrack is probably the weakest point of XI. Can't believe it's only a week away though, dang.

An important thing to take away: he says his review will be up tomorrow, which means the review embargo for every major publication ends tomorrow as well.

Edited by eal

Nice, good to see units moving.

I have a feeling the reviews will be really good, lets see if they get some new fans checking into it.

It will be a rather long week haha. I so cannot wait to start up my adventure. I’m loving all the spoilerless reviews. All the Dragon Quest hype.

Just six more days to go! Also, my DQ11 shirt came in yesterday, so woot!

Thanks for mentioning the shirt. I totally want to buy one of those too! You mean the one where they’re walking in a line like the old Fellowship of the Ring artwork, right? 

I also have been contemplating buying the Japanese strategy guide. There hasn’t been any word of an English guide and I love following along and looking at the items and enemies. Anyone have the Japanese guide with the blue cover? I’d love to know if it’s worth the $40. 

Edited by curtneedsaride

Wish this were coming out on Friday to avoid the risk of being late for work the next day.  Got that evening planned out.  I ordered the standard edition thru Amazon Prime, just going to get take-out Chinese on the way home from work, eat then play all evening...

Wish this were coming out on Friday to avoid the risk of being late for work the next day.  Got that evening planned out.  I ordered the standard edition thru Amazon Prime, just going to get take-out Chinese on the way home from work, eat then play all evening...
I wish it was coming out THIS Friday so I could play all holiday weekend!

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
14 minutes ago, mcorleonep said:

I wish it was coming out THIS Friday so I could play all holiday weekend!

Yup that’s what I meant. LOL