Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

The Dragon Quest XI Anticipation thread!

And I got the week off now! Woot! Going to hang out with the family and play some Dragon Quest!

25 minutes ago, cobolisdead said:

And I got the week off now! Woot! Going to hang out with the family and play some Dragon Quest!

Welcome to the week off club!

Welcome to the week off club!
I'm still hoping my son is born like a week early so I won't be stuck at the hospital when the game releases.
  • Like 1

MHXX/Generations Ultimate comes out slightly before this. That's quite the pickle for me. I'll have to divide the time somehow and with work taking all my time that doesn't give me much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug

I’ve now had my time off approved. An entire week. Dragon Quest XI. I’m going to be a shut in for a week. 

How would you guys rate marketing as of today, any TV spots for those with a tv that is. How about social media and so on.

How would you guys rate marketing as of today, any TV spots for those with a tv that is. How about social media and so on.
TV = 0
Social Media = 8/10

On 8/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, AustNerevar said:

I still think it's weird that they're doing this a full month before release. I swear if they ship out the PS4 preorders before the Steam preorder is available to play I'll kill someone.

There is probably often problems with credit cards for preorders not being covered any more on release. If they have the right to charge a month ahead of time for their US storefront, it makes sense to do it, so they can filter out the ones that don't charge ahead of time, and make sure people fix their payments before the actual release.

My card still hasn't been charged - they obviously aren't doing this for Europe. I hope they at least ship out some days in advance though.

Well its official. We're scheduled to induce labor on the morning of the release date.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Well its official. We're scheduled to induce labor on the morning of the release date.

Name them Loto!

Thanks guys. I can't tell my wife I spent nearly $200 on this game or my son might be born fatherless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Thanks guys. I can't tell my wife I spent nearly $200 on this game or my son might be born fatherless.

Maybe tell her it’s a gift for the baby?

On 8/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, AzureVoid said:

I’ve now had my time off approved. An entire week. Dragon Quest XI. I’m going to be a shut in for a week. 

AzureVoid gets it.  I will be doing the same thing.

Also, it is a relief to know I wasn't the only person charged rather unexpectedly.  They sent the e-mail that they will be charging me soon only a few hours before the you have been charged message.  On another note, the unexpected shipping notification has prompted me to play the 3DS version ( imported it), and I gotta say, it's pretty user friendly.  I'm a few dungeons in and I am enjoying it.  I can't wait to hear the voice acting.

Alright, am I missing something when it comes to ordering from the Square Enix store? Because I’m STILL getting emails saying “we can’t process your purchase.” Is there a link or button I’m supposed to click when doing the order that I missed, because this is getting annoying. If I knew it was going to be such a hassle to order the Lost Time Edition I’d have saved the money for something else.

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Alright, am I missing something when it comes to ordering from the Square Enix store? Because I’m STILL getting emails saying “we can’t process your purchase.” Is there a link or button I’m supposed to click when doing the order that I missed, because this is getting annoying. If I knew it was going to be such a hassle to order the Lost Time Edition I’d have saved the money for something else.

DM me the e-mail you used for the order and I can try to pass it along to the store team.

I don't have any vacation days... or sick days. So yeah, no DQXI break for me :(

I just realised I'll be in Sweden when the game comes out 😐 Will have to wait at least a few days before playing it.

They wouldn't call it that if you didn't Lose Time trying to get it.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

They wouldn't call it that if you didn't Lose Time trying to get it. emoji12.png

Don’t make me use my admin powe- oh wait, this isn’t Facebook....

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, PLATTYM3.

45 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Don’t make me use my admin powe- oh wait, this isn’t Facebook....

YOU WIN THIS ROUND, PLATTYM3.

Sounds like you could use some reinforcements

Man, my Internet where I’m at is so bad it’s gonna take like 2 hours just to download 5 GB of a Sims 4 update. I might just run over to my folks’ house, PS4 and all, to bum of their Internet to download Dragon Quest XI so I’m actually able to play it on the day it comes out.

• Like 1