Sign in to follow this  
cobolisdead

The Dragon Quest XI Anticipation thread!

Even if DQ11 doesn't sell amazingly well on Steam, it's alright! I still have you guys and my friends on Twitter to talk about the game with!

This is a win to me all around. PC has been favored by the JRPG gods as of late. It started with Final Fantasy then the DQ Heroes games came our way. Ni No Kuni 2 and DQXI have cemented PCs relevance to JRPGs this year. It's clear there's a market for these games on PC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muddy120 said:

My question really is this like lets say DQ XI sold an imaginary 2 million units total in NA and EU = 4 million,(I'm not saying this will happen or it won't I'm just saying imagine.) So great DQ XI managed to magically sell 4 million outside of japan for PS4 and Steam, how many of those sales figures will be on steam worldwide is more what I'm asking here. How are they split apart because it feels like games and JRPGs sell more on Playstation over steam. So how is it split up, and what is considered "good" steam sales numbers as well relative to the game for the split up sales between console and steam?

Yeah I agree it would be interesting to see the split between Steam and Console units sold. But unless there's an official announcement or something like that I don't think we can find it out. Steam tends to show their information like hardware surveys, best selling rankings, and concurrent players, but I've never seen much information about console sales.

Yeah I agree it would be interesting to see the split between Steam and Console units sold. But unless there's an official announcement or something like that I don't think we can find it out. Steam tends to show their information like hardware surveys, best selling rankings, and concurrent players, but I've never seen much information about console sales.
Steam shows their best sellers but they don't really show how many units have sold. That's usually up to the publisher.

i wish i would have chosen Draconian mode before starting my game. i thought i could add it later.

By the way, does anyone know how to make equipment changes appear on the player character

Looks like its doing terrible on PSN, maybe it'll make most of its sales in physical releases. And its doing well on Amazon to showcase that more.

Just now, muddy120 said:

Looks like its doing terrible on PSN, maybe it'll make most of its sales in physical releases. And its doing well on Amazon to showcase that more.

How do you figure?

2 minutes ago, Bururian said:

How do you figure?

Check the popular game section it doesn't even show up there

I trust those lists as much as the ones where I look at DQXI and it tells me 'similar games you may enjoy' are Sports games or Call of Duty.

2 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I trust those lists as much as the ones where I look at DQXI and it tells me 'similar games you may enjoy' are Sports games or Call of Duty.

So its not a good indicator to gauge is what your saying? Then how would you scale the PSN digital popularity if not the Top Seller section from there Store?

2 minutes ago, muddy120 said:

So its not a good indicator to gauge is what your saying? Then how would you scale the PSN digital popularity if not the Top Seller section from there Store?

I can't say if it is or isn't, but there's no really good way to gauge it.

Heeey let's get back to anticipation! Am I the only one still anticipating this game???

(X) days left to go! Whoo!

Damnit, UPS, I can see that you’ve had the package since last night, just ship it to me, don’t hold it just because the estimated delivery says tomorrow.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, muddy120 said:

The PSN tabs don't matter.  It was in the popular tab when the pre order dropped, and it's only been out for a day.

Either way it is only a success here if Square says it is.  Which stinks.  Maybe they'll say it is, maybe they won't it only dropped yesterday.  It's released when people start christmas shopping, the pre order wave was a positive trend, not that it matters, but critics are giving it 9s here, the fanbase does not stay quiet about its love for the games so word of mouth is prevalent, and the series is just that good 

25 minutes ago, eal said:

Damnit, UPS, I can see that you’ve had the package since last night, just ship it to me, don’t hold it just because the estimated delivery says tomorrow.

You know... the square store told me I would have it upon release.  They printed the label on friday then labor day weekend came and they finally started sending it to me the day it released.  I am a little salty about that.  It should have been sent out on Friday.

Yeah my CE is still out there somewhere. It honestly should be here today but the tracking info isn't very informative. If I were a PS4 player and was actually relying on the CE to play the game I would be livid.

So the game is finally out now. It's got some amazing graphics. I'm not a big fan of such type of games. However for some weird reason, I have decided to give it a go. I'm even considering live streaming it on my twitch but nothing is certain at the moment. Might do a survey amongst my followers, whether they are interested or not. However, if I get sufficient request from this thread, I shall live stream on a channel which is dedicated to dragon quest xi. Thanks

20 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Yeah my CE is still out there somewhere. It honestly should be here today but the tracking info isn't very informative. If I were a PS4 player and was actually relying on the CE to play the game I would be livid.

It’s just frustrating because I get a couple hours after work every day to myself and so I took a whole week off to enjoy it, but I probably won’t touch the game until midnight Thursday, and won’t play in full force until Friday. At which point I might as well have worked this week and tried for the week after off. Only upside is I’m still getting stuff done, going back to unfinished games and stuff like that.

Edited by eal

DQ XI SHOULD be delivered to me today.  I won't be able to really start it until tomorrow though. 

As expected my CE dropped on the day I left for Sweden. I'm home now, but back at work, and have a lot of stuff to see to after work until after the weekend. Hopefully I'll get a little time to spend with the game at some point.