The Dragon Quest XI Anticipation thread!

Mine still says the 6th, but I’m historically lucky when it comes to packages arriving a day sooner than expected. Maybe that will hold true and I’ll get it on the 5th.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we have just 67 more days until this game finally comes out in the West!   Who else just can't wait for this game to finally come out?

36 more days to go!   This Saturday was one year since they announced it was coming to the US.  I remember that day well as I was waiting to take my wife in for a C section for our second li

So I purchased the liquid metal slime 2ds LL.  I thought that was all I was getting from my purchase, but I got DQXI with it, and I wasn't aware it sold with the 2ds LL so this is great.  I AM WITH TH

Posted Images

Yeah, I never get anything early, there are quite a few on Twitter who have gotten their copies over the last few days.

Mine has been sitting in my local hub 5 minutes away since Friday night.

But with the weekend, holiday, and SE making it so my copy couldn't be delivered early or picked up, it's been an excruciating wait.

• Like 1
Then what does that have to do with Steam
They sell Steam keys.
I'm waiting for the Switch release but it's so tempting to grab this on steam right now... Damn
You may be waiting till 2019
1 hour ago, sounderfan84 said:

Hopefully There are great sales for pc. I heard on discord that pax prime had insane lines for DQ11.  I might have misread.

Apparently the Humble Bundle website ran out of keys for the game and are waiting for more.

edit: I should learn to read the page before I respond.

Edited by Bururian
2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:
You may be waiting till 2019

In Japan. 2020 here, guaranteed.

Are you saying you have 2020 vision?

And you probably thought you wouldn’t hear that meme again for a couple years.

Edited by eal
7 hours ago, muddy120 said:

What is humble bumble

7 hours ago, sounderfan84 said:

its another digital platform for pc games.  https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Y'all forgot to mention the actual bundles? For shame, Doc.

Humble Bundle sells "bundles" of Steam game keys, software, and ebooks of varying subjects that they rotate through every one or two weeks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_3

6 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Y'all forgot to mention the actual bundles? For shame, Doc.

Humble Bundle sells "bundles" of Steam game keys, software, and ebooks of varying subjects that they rotate through every one or two weeks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_3

It’s how I read almost all of Fairy Tail for like $20 and Battle Angel Alita just recently.

First batch of questions answered

That was fascinating. 

I would appreciate Horii going through a retrospective on each title and what some of the conceptual themes were going into it. Theory of Evolution in DQ IV, false Gods in VII? Where did those ideas come from? In this setting he's speaking in terms of XI, but he's also careful to not spoil anything, either. Perhaps they've published books like that in Japan. Travelling to Machu Picchu and getting inspiration was a surprise to hear.

I wish I had tuned-in early enough to submit a question! One question I would have liked to ask is if he has little NPC side stories or ideas for sidequests stored away in his head or written down that come to mind when making a game, but ultimately rejected because they don't fit that particular story of the game being developed, but can be put into a later games. Sort of like how sometimes scenes/concepts are cut from movies to only be brought back when a sequel is developed.

25 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

I generally tend to be a sucker for their Software and Travel book bundles.

I like to be on the lookout for books they have in bundles because I’ve been an avid reader in the last year, year and a half, but I read mostly digital because

A. I’m reading away from home and don’t like damaging my physical books

B. It’s easier to pick up and put down and get back in, what with there being less on a page but more pages overall, so you can find better stopping points since you can read a whole page in less than a minute

and C. Cheaper. If I liked it, I can buy a physical copy for my shelf or ask for it for Christmas or something.

34 minutes ago, muddy120 said:

What is a steam key

They give you a code like: 47ze-7ifp-k6hl-ug8h.

33 minutes ago, muddy120 said:

What is a steam key

A Steam key allows you to activate your game.

6 minutes ago, eal said:

ebooks are convenient *rawr XD*

I hear that. Unfortunately, I collect too many for my own good. My backlog is huge.

I also tend to go digging through the bargain section of IRL book stores digging up various things. I have guides to cheese, alcohol, chocolate, and books on the history of walls and the occult phenomena of the Civil War, and on.

7 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

I also tend to go digging through the bargain section of IRL book stores digging up various things. I have guides to cheese, alcohol, chocolate, and books on the history of walls and the occult phenomena of the Civil War, and on.

Barnes & Noble’s bargain sections suck. I go to a super yuppie hipster bookstore every year I take a trip to Chicago and they have a stellar bargain section. I find all these interesting books I’ve never heard of. I also get books from the iTunes Store whenever they go on sale. I ended up stumbling on one of my favorite books that way.

The thing about books in general is they’re expensive in a store, but everywhere else they’re incredibly cheap. You can barely sell them for $0.50 at a yard sale, we were giving away my grandad’s massive collection (some were estimating a thousand books or more, I say a couple hundred) in piles and stuff just recently. I saw a donated hardcover copy of a book I was reading at the time at a grocery store of all places for $1. Even online is cheaper. Amazon doesn’t charge full price. Never buy a book from a bookstore that isn’t marked down or on some sort of sale.