Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Yuji Horii to attend Anime Expo 2018

Really wish I could meet Yuji Horii, but nobody important ever comes to Oregon.

50 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Not much different from New Mexico.

I wish he’d come to the Midwest. If Yuji Horii was going to be in Chicago I’d make the trip over to see him.

I'm definitely in the minority here in that I have zero interest in meeting anyone. I hadn't tried for an autograph in a dozen year when I went to Buccaneers training camp last year with a friend from California. Got caught up in his excitement and got some autographs on a shirt. Upon getting home my wife asked what I'd do with the shirt. I tossed in the laundry and wear it every few weeks, it's just another shirt.

Same with most physical stuff too. I guess I just don't have the collector's gene or sentimental item gene.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:13 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

That's not true. I'll be there the second week of August.

That's not true. I'll be there the second week of August.
I demand 200+ photos per Facebook album so I can like each one and comment on every few again.

I'll be there a week, so it's highly possible. I didn't post any pics from my trip in October on Facebook. Just a couple on Instagram.

What part of Oregon? I'll try to come see you if it's close enough.

My friend lives in Vancouver, so Portland area. We're going to be hopping around the state though, so if I'm close to you and have time, I'll give you a shout.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:13 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

The same happens when you live in Mexico...

On 7/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, Dwaine said:

My friend lives in Vancouver, so Portland area. We're going to be hopping around the state though, so if I'm close to you and have time, I'll give you a shout.

I live in Eugene, but I travel for work so depending on the day I may or may not be around.

One of my best friends is originally from Eugene. We're probably going to check out the sea caves. I may stay more on the Washington side this trip. Either way, I'll give you a shot if there's time.

I was there and managed to get a ticket for the last signing. I got there at 7am and waited several hours including outside in blazing heat, almost died but worth it, got to meet the man. Will update with pictures soon.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2018 at 12:32 AM, Flute_Warrior said:

I was there and managed to get a ticket for the last signing. I got there at 7am and waited several hours including outside in blazing heat, almost died but worth it, got to meet the man. Will update with pictures soon.

You should've said hi!

I think you were interviewing people as they were leaving the area early on. But when I was finally in line waiting for my turn to meet Horii San, I was so nervous I forgot about everything else haha. Once I got my autograph, I immediately exited the expo to keep my signed card safe in my car, worried I was going to damage it otherwise. But then I never went back since I saw most of the expo already (plus it was ridiculously crowded Saturday). My life was complete so I just headed home. 

On a side note I saved the cat in the demo :)

• Like 1

I was there. Got to meet Yuji Horii, play the demo, and hang out with Michi and the staff.

Michi interviewed me, but I felt like I kinda flubbed the interview, in retrospect. I thought up a bunch of stuff I could have said to market the game better, later. It was kind of on the spot and I couldn't collect my thoughts fast enough. I'll do better next time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I was there. Got to meet Yuji Horii, play the demo, and hang out with Michi and the staff.
Michi interviewed me, but I felt like I kinda flubbed the interview, in retrospect. I thought up a bunch of stuff I could have said to market the game better, later. It was kind of on the spot and I couldn't collect my thoughts fast enough. I'll do better next time.
Oh, if you flubbed it up, there will be no next time. DQXII localization cancelation confirmed!

Nice goin'. You blew it for all of us.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I got a better one:

You know, minus the shooting at the end.

4 minutes ago, eal said:

I got a better one:

You know, minus the shooting at the end.

But the shooting gets the point across to everyone still alive: don’t #$*! up or else you gonna die.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

But the shooting gets the point across to everyone still alive: don’t #$*! up or else you gonna die.

But if you give the impression that flubbing up is life or death, they’ll be likely to just make another mistake while trying to avoid them due to anxiousness.

11 minutes ago, eal said:

But if you give the impression that flubbing up is life or death, they’ll be likely to just make another mistake while trying to avoid them due to anxiousness.

Exactly. It’s just like the bridge from Monty Python and the Holy Grail with the Old Man from scene 24.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

12 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Nice goin'. You blew it for all of us.

Yeah. Now we all gotta learn Japanese. Mission accomplished!

Yatta.