Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Yuji Horii to attend Anime Expo 2018

Doh, didn't see your post before I put mine in Announcements, sorry.

Ow man. What a time to not have expendable cash!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Doh, didn't see your post before I put mine in Announcements, sorry.

and I forgot I can post on that board lol

Looks like this button is relevant again.

tumblr_ose9gqFvJh1uyka9jo1_500.png

^ that’s how I feel every year. Go Nagai is gonna be there and they’re premiering a few shows as well. I don’t like giant conventions though. Too crowded, lines are too long, everything is overpriced (well, more so then typical con markup).

This is really exciting.  Wish I could meet him, but I never got a ticket.  Is anyone here going?  

7 hours ago, Fates said:

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/dragon-quest-series-creator-yuji-horii-to-attend-anime-expo-2018

Anyone got plane tickets to LA? I got some stuff I could have signed.

From the article:

"Square Enix noted that Horii will not be signing personal items."

So sadly, no.  Though he will sign a specified card they made just for this occasion.

Well shoot, that's a bit lame.

Weird he won’t be signing personal items.

Lots of reasons for the no personal item thing, one of them being to make time for everyone to also get a photo with him!

• Like 3

I’m cool with the no personal items thing, though I wonder what the poster he signs will look like.

As long as they aren’t charging people just for a signature, that’s fine.

Is there a chance we could see any announcements like for example that we would indeed be getting the 3DS\PS4 ports of Dragon Quest I,II,III that they released shortly after XI's release because if so that would make for a very nice birthday present,while I know its based of the mobile port that's been available on Android\iOS for a while know,I never could enjoy them due the touchscreen virtual joystick.

5 hours ago, Michi said:

Lots of reasons for the no personal item thing, one of them being to make time for everyone to also get a photo with him!

But I made this body pillow just for him!

• Like 2

Is there a chance we could see any announcements like for example that we would indeed be getting the 3DS\PS4 ports of Dragon Quest I,II,III that they released shortly after XI's release because if so that would make for a very nice birthday present,while I know its based of the mobile port that's been available on Android\iOS for a while know,I never could enjoy them due the touchscreen virtual joystick.

The man is coming to America after years of us sulking about the series being dead in the West. I think everything will work out eventually.

13 hours ago, Dwaine said:

That's a good example of another reason...

Also yes, it's all absolutely free as long as you have admission to Anime Expo. Signature and photo. Pretty good deal!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Is the body pillow of the guy you always give hugs to at that one convention? The one with the “Free Hugs,” sign? I could see you making that for some reason...

10 minutes ago, Michi said:

Also yes, it's all absolutely free as long as you have admission to Anime Expo. Signature and photo. Pretty good deal!

If you said it was a bad deal would the Square Enix internet ninjas come after you? 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I wish he’d come to NYCC so I can actually see him.

4 hours ago, Michi said:

Is the body pillow of the guy you always give hugs to at that one convention? The one with the “Free Hugs,” sign? I could see you making that for some reason...

I AM going to make that! One of him. One of me. So we can hug each other whenever we want.

I could totally make an unofficial Yuji Horii body pillow, if you want. I would be more than happy to send to the Square Enix offices. It would be a tasteful, yet erotic piece of art to adorn the office!

I wish he’d come to NYCC so I can actually see him.

By then the DQ XI campaign will probably be done for over a month. Nintendo brought Horii to New York for VI, which was nice. Japan to New York is a rough flight!

Edited by Dwaine
  • Like 1

Yeah, that’s true. Buying the autograph and t shirt on eBay afterward is going to be a pain.

Man, I haven't been to a convention since AX '04. We spent an hour in line in front of a group of kids with a Sakura Kinomoto and Sasuke cosplayer trying to get past the geriatric check-in lady who couldn't operate the computer, which was only tolerable for a brief moment when a Fierce Deity Link cosplayer walked through the preorder line to general applause.

EDIT: That is to say, a group with Sakura Kinomoto and Sasuke cosplayers, not some dude trying to pull off both at once.

Edited by JaybirdC

On 6/29/2018 at 11:09 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If you said it was a bad deal would the Square Enix internet ninjas come after you? 😜

No, I helped organize the whole thing 😛

• Like 1