Sign in to follow this  
Maxrebo

Question for people who have an NES Classic Mini

So I was wondering for those who have an NES Classic Mini and have hacked one in order to add more games to it,does it support the MMC5 Mapper I am mainly asking because I am wondering whether it would support playing Final Fantasy 3(NES) using the translation by ChaosRush found here https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2701  

If it does then I will have to try tracking one down during to sporadic times they get restocked.

Do you mean the older translation or the one I mentioned in particular which uses the DS Translation as the base?

Sorry, that was in regards to the older translation. A new one existing never even crossed my mind since the old one is perfectly serviceable.

I'd check over at r/nesclassicmods

Nabbed one today, but I saw that the new ones have a new kernel and you have to use an older version of Hakchi. Has anyone else tried it? Don't wanna hack it until it's safe and idiot proof like the SNES Classic.

Applied this to a clean Final Fantasy III rom and it seems to work fine on the NES Classic.

Is that with Retroarch or off the base emulator? Either way that's cool beans.

Off the base emulator. I only have Retroarch on my SNES classic for the DQ III translation. I'll play it a little more later tonight and let you know how it does.

Gave it a spin at lunch and got a C9 error a little further in. If I have time later tonight, I'll install Retroarch and give it another go.