Sign in to follow this  
redneckpride4ever

SE Survey for the folks.

Really wish that I put down, "fix your PC ports" and "make good PC ports" on there. Oh well.

• Like 1

I filled it out earlier. I talked up Dragon Quest a lot and did all I could to support it in the survey!

• Like 1

I got it too,and made sure I gave Dragon Quest all the support I could.

Things I made sure to mention

Hoping for the ports of Dragon Quest I,II,III that they released on 3DS and PS4 to tie in with Dragon Quest XI would come westward

Support for Dragon Quest in general

Dragon Quest XI 3DS(probably a moot point,but just wanted them to know that there is a demand)

Hoping they will fix up the steam ports of FInal Fantasy V and VI like they have been doing for Chrono Trigger which is making me very happy.

Also hoping to see some of their classics released on switch in some form since there is gonna be no virtual console

My hype for Octopath Traveller and my support for more SNES Era inspired RPGs

Still have a desire for a western release of Seiken Densetsu 3

and finally the token request for new Chrono Game.

Finally hoping that they don't make us wait do long for a new Deus Ex Game,because the wait for Starfield and TES VI is bad enough with how disappointing everything I have heard and seen about Fallout 76 is.

Edited by Maxrebo

Done. I needed more places to put Dragon Quest in there.

My favorite C-word is can't.

I put this in a response to Imutone's "what's up with me" thread or whatever that section of the site is.  I'll retype it here.

What game would you like Square Enix to make:

Spoiler

Chrono Break...err, Chrono 3 essentially.  Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross remakes.

I Am Setsuna 2, only a more expansive world.  Star Ocean that takes more from SO2 than any other SO...goes back to its roots, as SO2 is gold.  Maybe a Star Ocean in the "real world" where the digital world has been drawn into the real world due to the events in SO3, and maybe connect out to different universes..or open up the idea that other universes can exist...start with a character from the real world and he ends up with a girl from the digital world that's been made flesh due to some magical aspect allowing for the firewall transfer...or just re-explain it that the real world allows digital mediums to be recreated in the image of that world if they manage to break through the firewall, something to make sense of the mess of SO3's ending, and allow continuation of the series into new territory.

Enix and Square releases you haven't done yet.  Do a compilation package of things like Treasure of the Rudras, Treasure Hunter G, Actraiser, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Live A Live, even quirky games like Robotrek, Brainlord, Lennus 1 (Paladin's Quest), and Alcahest.  Do a rating system with them, where fans can write in if they want any of these to be remade, and which one/s.

Romancing SaGa 3 deserves a proper remake.

Make nice with Tetsuya Takahashi and remake Xenogears.  That game is GOLD.  Easily one of the most amazing games ever made.  One of THE most amazing stories ever told in gaming history (in literary history as well...it's that good, it deserves to be classified as art).

Remake Dragon Quest IX in XI's image.  That would be spectacular.  For that matter, remake the original Erdrick Trilogy in DQXI's image, only actually expand on DQ1 and 2 with extras...not too much padding, but there's a LOT of room for it.  Maybe have Hargon attack villages as you get to them or something.  Or assault your hometowns mid-quest forcing you to return to defend it, and flesh out the backstory of Hargon and what's happened in between DQ 1 and 2.  Things like that would do the series justice.  Bring back Pachisi in DQ3, and the GBC dungeon...just no medal farming.  That dungeon was fantastic though.

Maybe remake DQ6 where you actually remake it...not just apply a new coat of paint, and downgrade the game?  DQ6 DS is easy mode...too easy.  Only the first area needed an HP reduction.  No EXP buff necessary, and HP should be restored to original values.  It's too easy.  Also keep the slime recruits but bring back monster taming so that class actually has a purpose, as it is, there is literally NO purpose as even the upper tier class that's unlocked is utterly worthless in skills, stats, and has no passive ability.  It's not even fun to play Ranger as a challenge, but Monster Tamer was wronged with the remake.  Everything else is good, it just needed some more content to flesh things out.  Like...oh, give greater purpose, maybe have some secret demon lord send in hordes of evil baddies as you get to certain towns to waylay the adventurers.  Not just Weaver's Peak present.  It doesn't feel like there's much purpose, and give a better explanation for why the spirit world is still anchored to the physical.  All the build-up to Murdaw and the explanation being he was the one who drew in the spirit world and tied it to the real world...well more insight as the quest progresses for why it's not fixed with Murdaw's defeat would help.  Would also help if Poseidon's palace were attacked by Gracos when you visit...or Gracos sends in special minions to battle you when you're traversing the oceans that function as mini-bosses.  THAT would make Gracos' a threat.  Maybe have Dhuran admit he was the one that sent hordes after you one after another.  Would ease in the whole bit that he has a master.  Also would be nice if Dhuran were a bit harder.  Oh, maybe 3 attacks per round?  Or beef up his stats?  Something, he's too easy.  Same with the Castle...it should have mega-huge defense and resistance, and more powerful aoe's that aren't thin air (thin air's change is perfect!).

I think we're good.

...OH #$*!.  I think I overwrote my extra feedback and instead of copying it, I pasted over it with the upcoming games.  DAMNIT...DAMNIT DAMNIT....DAMNIT!

It was so good though.  I covered the plastic models used in the mobile ports, and how it's trash, and how DQ1~3 3DS/PS4 are trash as a result, that DQ deserves better.  That the entire PC lineup is trash, and Chrono Trigger is literally unplayable...do they test these games?  A whole spiel on DQ6 and how the DS remake was essentially a port, and needed extra work on it (and restoration of monster tamer as a recruiting class).

Um a lot of other things.  I had like 12 paragraphs in that section, and I think I overwrote all of it...nor can I go backwards as I closed the tab and with it the history.  Opening it up on firefox's current version just opens that last page.

• Like 1

I filled it out last night and retweeted it, posted to Den's facebook now as well

• Like 2

Can somebody put another post in the survey to help bring DQ trilogy to PSN, I forgot to do that after reading it here. I put give us DQ III remake eventually and please give us DQ X and more games and so on

I would also love if they ported over the Wii anniversary collection to the switch

Edited by muddy120

Can somebody put another post in the survey to help bring DQ trilogy to PSN, I forgot to do that after reading it here. I put give us DQ III remake eventually and please give us DQ X and more games and so on
I would also love if they ported over the Wii anniversary collection to the switch
DQX is quite the long shot, to be fair. Sub based MMOs are always a gamble in foreign markets. Hopefully we get it, but I say it's near impossible.

My favorite C-word is can't.

Took this yesterday and basically yelled about needing a Chrono sequel at every opportunity

1 hour ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Took this yesterday and basically yelled about needing a Chrono sequel at every opportunity

I ragged on them for the lack of 3DS support in the west and how they had to go to Nintendo for several of their releases just so the games COULD be released here. Only games SE self-published on 3DS were the two Final Fantasy Rhythm games, Final Fantasy Explorers, and some dungeon Diablo styled game with lots of guns.

Filled this out over my lunch break. Really tried to hammer home the point about all the DQ games we're missing, especially DQX.

• Like 3