My Latest Dragon Quest Collection (Picture Inside)

A couple of years ago I've shared my humble DQ collection with you. But after those years many things joined into my collection and so I wanted to share it with you.

You can see the picture of my collection below. Only a couple of side games are missing (like Young Yangus and Slime Mori-Mori) and all of them are CIB except for the DQ3 (SNES) and GB version of the DQ Monsters. Also there are some guide books in Japanese, DQ5 monsters box set, a couple figures, cards and amigurumis done by my wife.

It's so hard to gather a collection in a country like Turkey because or money is totally worthless (1$ = 5 Turkish liras). But I bought most of my stuff via eBay and I'm really proud of it.

I hope you like it also!!!

DQCollection.thumb.jpg.06f319588667f7788b89bf1a1dfdc286.jpg

• Like 1

Good stuff. I had no idea there was a PS2 Torneko game.

On 6/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Good stuff. I had no idea there was a PS2 Torneko game.

Thanx. It's the 3rd game of Torneko Mystery Dungeon series. Too bad that it's only released in Japan and no translation patch is available though

On 6/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, Fates said:

Very nice. What's that DQ5 CD at the bottom?

Thanx. It's Guide to Dragon Quest V Monsters CD+ Bundle box. It contains a world map, a monster guide, monster card, artworks and a small soundtrack CD

I thought the third one was a GBA game. Is the PS2 one in full 3D like Young Yangus is?

1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I thought the third one was a GBA game. Is the PS2 one in full 3D like Young Yangus is?

It's both released on GBA and PS2. And yes, it's in complete 3D

Ah, so it was a dual version release. Good to know then.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, cprmauldin said:

Nice. Are you planning to add DQ XI to your collection in September?

If I can find it in a decent price, yes. Buying this type of stuff in Turkey is extremely expensive

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 2:16 PM, knighTeen87 said:

If I can find it in a decent price, yes. Buying this type of stuff in Turkey is extremely expensive

Oh.

I suppose I am extremely ignorant as to the price of gaming in other countries.

How much do new games usually cost in Turkey?

12 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh.

From my understanding, a new game like DQXI will run over 3200 USD. That is, if my math and conversions are accurate

23 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

From my understanding, a new game like DQXI will run over 3200 USD. That is, if my math and conversions are accurate

WHAT?!?!

How the hell does the price get hiked up so much?

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

WHAT?!?!

How the hell does the price get hiked up so much?

Turkey Lira is valued at .18$ USD and the Turkey PSN shop has DQXI listed at 179,00. My only guess as to why the price would be significantly higher would be a combination of a weak currency, trade laws of some sort, and/or the cost of production in relation to sales. We often don't think about it because for us, English games sell a lot more so they can afford to charge less per unit. Somewhere like Turkey may have lower sales so in order to actually break even they need a higher price that will still somehow reach the target sales goal. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that there are things behind the scenes that we do not know in which are major contributors to said price or I have no idea how to read the Lira and totally messed up the conversion

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh.

Hmm, usually it's takes around 60-70 dollars in here. But the thing is, 1$ = 5,6 Turkish liras now and because of that we have to pay a huge amount of money for them. There is a huge economical crisis in Turkey right now due to our idiotic president and our money is losing value every single moment. Because of that I can not nearly buy anything from eBay anymore.

3 years ago 1$ was around 2,8 liras. Our money was still worthless but was still much better than this.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:22 AM, Democrobot said:

Turkey Lira is valued at .18$ USD and the Turkey PSN shop has DQXI listed at 179,00. 

Does Turkey use Euros?  That makes sense in Euros.  But translating to $3200 seems a bit... much.

45 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Does Turkey use Euros?  That makes sense in Euros.  But translating to $3200 seems a bit... much.

No, we use our own currency as Turkish Liras.

By the way Turkish Lira lost so much in value since my last post. Now 1$ = 6,5 Turkish Liras, so from now on it nearly impossible for me to buy cheap games from Ebay