Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Dragon Quest X 3DS Box Scan

Does anyone have the physical box released for the 3DS version (I know it just has the download codes in it), but someone is looking for a scan of the sleeve (and it cannot hurt to add it to the Den).

I have one but unfortunately I don't have a scanner. 

Let me see what I can do without destroying the box; I’ll get back to you.

1 hour ago, MKVarana said:

Let me see what I can do without destroying the box; I’ll get back to you.

Cool, thanks. If you over extend the box the sleeve should just slide out, that is how I did 4,5 and 6 DS

On 6/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, Woodus said:

Cool, thanks. If you over extend the box the sleeve should just slide out, that is how I did 4,5 and 6 DS

Hey Woodus,

Sorry about the delay; I’ve been sick, so I end up forgetting this by the time I get home from work... ^^;

I’ll try to do it ASAP.

On a side note, unlike the US-released games, DQX for 3DS (and Switch for that matter) comes in a cardboard box rather than a plastic case.

Hey Woodus,

Sorry about the delay; I’ve been sick, so I end up forgetting this by the time I get home from work... ^^;

I’ll try to do it ASAP.

On a side note, unlike the US-released games, DQX for 3DS (and Switch for that matter) comes in a cardboard box rather than a plastic case.

Ahh, you are right, I didn't watch the unboxing video that the guy sent me, so I just assumed it was a plastic case too.  Thanks for the heads up. :)

Yeah I don’t think they even sell the boxed version with the codes inside anymore.  You just download for free from the online store and pay the monthly fee.

@MKVarana, just curious if you had any luck scanning that DQX 3DS box?

If you want I can send you the actual box but it'll be in November when I return to US.

Thanks that works too, I can then scan it and send it back to you

@Woodus,

I'm REALLY sorry about the delay on this.

I don't think I'm any better health-wise than I was the last time we spoke, so kudos to @Cranberry for reminding me about this at my request.

I scanned the image at a higher quality and shrunk a copy of it about 25% to get the filesize manageable for posting on here, so let me know if you need a larger size.

DQX 3DS 2.png

7 hours ago, MKVarana said:

I'm REALLY sorry about the delay on this.

I don't think I'm any better health-wise than I was the last time we spoke

Sorry you aren't feeling any better, I didn't mean to rush you, it was more so I don't forget.

Bu thank you very much for scanning that, and yes I would take the higher res one as well, you can email it to me at denmaster (at) woodus (dot) com

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

Sorry you aren't feeling any better, I didn't mean to rush you, it was more so I don't forget.

Bu thank you very much for scanning that, and yes I would take the higher res one as well, you can email it to me at denmaster (at) woodus (dot) com

No worries.  I’ve felt bad about not getting it scanned sooner anyway, but by the time I got home I’d forget...

The higher res one is a bit over 150 MB.  Do you have somewhere I can upload it to?

15 minutes ago, MKVarana said:

The higher res one is a bit over 150 MB.  Do you have somewhere I can upload it to?

Dang, that is hi-res, didn't think it would be that large as the 25% posted one was only 950k :)

I have used WeTransfer before and it has worked well, free up to 2 GB, want to try that?  https://wetransfer.com/

5 hours ago, Woodus said:

Dang, that is hi-res, didn't think it would be that large as the 25% posted one was only 950k :)

I have used WeTransfer before and it has worked well, free up to 2 GB, want to try that?  https://wetransfer.com/

I uploaded an ~10 MB file, so I wonder if the forum downscaled it further?

I’ll try to upload the full one after work tonight.

38 minutes ago, MKVarana said:

I uploaded an ~10 MB file, so I wonder if the forum downscaled it further?

I’ll try to upload the full one after work tonight. 

Probably, or was it a TIF to start and you when you re-saved it it became a PNG?

6 hours ago, Woodus said:

Probably, or was it a TIF to start and you when you re-saved it it became a PNG?

I scanned it as a BMP, trimmed some excess scan area in Photoshop, then saved it as a PNG.

I'm uploading the file as we speak, so it is supposed to e-mail you when it is up.

9 hours ago, MKVarana said:

I scanned it as a BMP, trimmed some excess scan area in Photoshop, then saved it as a PNG.

I'm uploading the file as we speak, so it is supposed to e-mail you when it is up.

Got it, awesome, thank you. :thumbsup:

Np.  Sorry again about the delay

No worries at all :)

Do you still need/want the actual box? (You don't need to return it since I have multiples)

On 11/19/2018 at 12:03 PM, Yawara said:

Do you still need/want the actual box? (You don't need to return it since I have multiples)

@Woodus

@Plattym3 @Yawara

No, I got it and passed it on to the person that was asking about it. Thank you for checking though. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It is on the sidebar with the other box images, or here is a direct link

dq103ds_boxart_jpn.jpg

• Like 1