DQ Theatrhythm Character List needs updated

Hey Woodus, while playing DQ Rhythm (or Theatrhythm) I managed to unlock a character not listed on the character listing here on the Den: Healie (or Hu Mein as Google Translate called him) from Dragon Quest IV.

Unlocking him made me realize we’re missing characters from that list. I swear while watching the credits I saw Ortega (in his appearance based on the NES release with the blue hair and armor), so it makes me think there could be others locked away behind Rhythpo point totals. These characters are different from the ones you can unlock via Orbs (which you earn as you play or from the T’n’T boards).

For reference (and take this translation with a grain of salt), this is what happened when I reached 20,000 Rhythpo points:

“Rispo surpassed 20000 pts The power of the spirits who manage music further increased! Hu Mein came to the bar in the adventurer and went to a group!”

I will keep an eye on any other unlockable characters not listed. If it takes 20,000 points each time, the next character should appear at 40,000 points.

I need to add him to the Names list page it looks like.  There is this card that should be Healie (page 4)

ura_034_lrg.png

Ah, didn’t know there was a card section for the game on here. Last night I had googled “Theatrhythm Dragon Quest Characters,” and the name page for the Den was the first thing that popped up.

Maybe Healie is the only “secret,” playable character, unless the town NPC like the merchant, old man, bunny girl, etc. can be unlocked at some point. I couldn’t find much about the game, so I guess I’ll find out when I get to 40,000 rhythpo.

I still think I saw Ortega in the credits though. Rewatching them last night via the options menu, I swear I saw him again. Hmm...

I have the full character list ripped and localized.

I actually have most of the game translated, but I can't make the text appear correctly in-game.

I have the full character list ripped and localized. I can upload it in a couple days when I can use my computer.

I actually have most of the game translated, but I can't make the text appear correctly in-game.

I have the full character list ripped and localized. I can upload it in a couple days when I can use my computer.

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I still think I saw Ortega in the credits though. Rewatching them last night via the options menu, I swear I saw him again. Hmm...

Did that Ortega look like the one on our versions? Or did he look like Kandata/Kandar?

Because there's a chance in Japan they still see Ortega as a Kandata colorswap.