Edition of Lost Time preorder from Square-Enix

The price is outrageous, but so is the standard edition, and the shipping costs are absurd with either one, so might as well get the "Lost Time" edition for just a tad more money.

If I were being stingy, the only better alternative would have been to wait for a price drop or reasonable used copies, and I don't have the patience for that. This will have to be the one game that I spoil myself with this year, aside from arcade stuff...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d have to shell out for a PS4 if I wanted this, in addition to the stuff itself, so yeah... unfortunate, but that’s what happens when they refuse to bring over the 3DS release. It looks neat th

I already have enough slime plushies...ok, that's not true.  I need 1 more so I can give one of them to my little girl.  Start that Dragon Quest love early!

I've just got 1 that I keep above the TV, but my oldest asks to play with it often (I let him). On the final show & tell of the school year when he was free to choose anything he wanted to bring i

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sumez said:

The price is outrageous, but so is the standard edition

Shipping costs aside, the standard game is just the normal cost of any old PS4 game.

Depends on where you buy them. DQXI is €60 in SE's own store. Stores like GameStop of course are similarly overpriced, but a normal new PS4 release is usually around €40-€45 from a reasonable webshop.

Edited by Sumez

Depends on where you are in the world. Most games from big publishers in the US are typically $60. Sometimes a smaller game will go for $40-50 or will include something with it or give it premium packaging to make it a $60 game.

Edited by eal
Depends on where you buy them. DQXI is €60 in SE's own store. Stores like GameStop of course are similarly overpriced, but a normal new PS4 release is usually around €40-€45 from a reasonable webshop.
The conversion rate is damn near close to even right now that's a hair under $70. What's the special edition cost in Euros.

I pre-ordered mine the moment it went live.

I checked the website every day for the CE since they announced the game. The day of the Square Enix conference, the pre-orders got pulled so I knew it was coming, so I refreshed the page as the DQ11 trailer played and it had gone live for the CE, so I got it as fast as I could.

I find it strange they're limiting 1 purchase per account for the Lost edition, but KH3 nor any of the other Collector's Editions have that stipulation.

22 hours ago, Enclave said:

Probably fewer of the DQXI CE's being made just because they don't expect them to sell a ton.

I wouldn't be surprised if they order more copies if it sells fast, but they'll probably do extra ordering in small batches to reduce sitting on extras by release.

That said I'm fairly confident like Heroes there will likely still be available stock after release, though probably not nearly as much given this is value, Heroes was trash.  There are still new copies of the Heroes special being sold around the original price.  Can't get rid of stock I guess.

5 hours ago, DjKniteX said:

Man this looks so good.  I'll have to think about it but I'm so tempted...

Do it. DOOOOOO IT. (No pressure though 😜)

4 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they order more copies if it sells fast, but they'll probably do extra ordering in small batches to reduce sitting on extras by release.

That said I'm fairly confident like Heroes there will likely still be available stock after release, though probably not nearly as much given this is value, Heroes was trash.  There are still new copies of the Heroes special being sold around the original price.  Can't get rid of stock I guess.

They wouldn’t cancel pre-orders for the Lost Time Edition, would they? I’ve never ordered from the Square online store before, and I’d hate to find out right before release my copy was canceled.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Do it. DOOOOOO IT. (No pressure though 😜)

They wouldn’t cancel pre-orders for the Lost Time Edition, would they? I’ve never ordered from the Square online store before, and I’d hate to find out right before release my copy was canceled.

Never ordered from them either.  The only issues I've ever heard concerning the SE store is the asinine way they organize their store, and the rigamorale for the payment process (that was years ago, and I haven't heard about anything related to it in the last 3 years or so).

I don't see canceling your order as a problem unless they can't draw enough funds when they charge you.  I'm not sure why my post made you think of that, but damn dude, that's a scary thought.  I meant like, they'll probably order maybe 20k copies up front, if 15k sell through in a short period, they'll order another 2~5k, if preorders slow before release, they'll likely stop ordering more.  I just get the impression that like with Heroes, there's high potential for some extra copies to be left over after release, so they'll still be selling those off.

That or they might even keep the Edition of Lost Time going if it's popular well past the release date, as in continue to order more if it continues to sell.

• Like 1

They don't cancel pre-orders. Pre-order page will go to a "waiting list" before that happens which means it's basically sold out. They hit their number of stock. They've changed online merchants twice in the last 4 years. Current merchant is $10 flat shipping with no free shipping for $xx money spent. Old merchant offered free shipping on orders over $100. Pre-orders do not qualify for free shipping. Only if you ordered said product after Street Date.

Probably deserves a new thread but SE is releasing the Bring Arts figure of the DQXI Hero in NA (and probably EU too) in November, comes in two different version: regular and metal slime. The only difference is the slime it includes is blue or metalic.

Spoiler

fc5f040dcbffe15963827551954f940d_1920_KR6f0f504fbb76e1ae6204ed6cffeaa4a8_KR_738.afc4b0d0caf3e6cd9f29af748219bff0_KR_738.

3 minutes ago, Awesomeinblue said:

Probably deserves a new thread but SE is releasing the Bring Arts figure of the DQXI Hero in NA (and probably EU too) in November, comes in two different version: regular and metal slime. The only difference is the slime it includes is blue or metalic.

Hide contents

fc5f040dcbffe15963827551954f940d_1920_KR6f0f504fbb76e1ae6204ed6cffeaa4a8_KR_738.afc4b0d0caf3e6cd9f29af748219bff0_KR_738.

Sweet! Definitely gonna get that!

1 hour ago, Awesomeinblue said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I'll have to pass on this one. I'm already spending $150 on the CE after all.

11 minutes ago, Imutone said:

Yeah, I'll have to pass on this one. I'm already spending $150 on the CE after all.

Oof. Just clicked the link and saw how much it costs on the SE store. That pre-order may wait waaaaaay down the line (if it happens at all, that’s a high price tag for a figure).

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oof. Just clicked the link and saw how much it costs on the SE store. That pre-order may wait waaaaaay down the line (if it happens at all, that’s a high price tag for a figure).

Damn, that is expensive.  I mean it's almost 6", and the quality is decent, so the price is only a little on the high side, but definitely carries some of that good ol' SE tax.

What I find most hilarious is the two times I clicked, once for each version, at no point was the "You Might Be Interested In" section populated with any RPG, let alone Dragon Quest 11.

$80 is the Japanese retail price. I'm kinda eeeeeeeh about it. It's a nice figure, yes. Great sculpt, details, paint, and accessories. It's about what you'd pay for a Figuarts or Figma with that much. That doesn't mean I have to like it! Actually, I'm wondering how hard the plastic is on the lower tunic. If it completely restricts the leg articulation, then it's a pass.

Star Wars Black Series Jawa's a good example of this. Great figure, has the articulation in the legs, but it's useless due to the robe's hard plastic, making it not worth the $20.

8a1f6fec-292f-4de9-b90b-d0cd919f9f95_1.3

2 hours ago, Dwaine said:

$80 is the Japanese retail price. I'm kinda eeeeeeeh about it. It's a nice figure, yes. Great sculpt, details, paint, and accessories. It's about what you'd pay for a Figuarts or Figma with that much. That doesn't mean I have to like it! Actually, I'm wondering how hard the plastic is on the lower tunic. If it completely restricts the leg articulation, then it's a pass.

This picture might help with the lower tunic plastic. Found this on Facebook along with a set of others for what all comes with the figure.

35646918_1764878363566694_12042389721553

They sell CDs for like $40 and 4 inch plushes for $25. This price is reasonable compared to other items in their store. However, I wouldn’t pay that much for a figure. No judgement to those that do, but it’s a specialized interest. But some people just want something cheap and easy to find that they can put on their desk that looks like, say, Mulan. Or something they can get signed at a convention that isn’t a profile shot they sell at their table. I’m one of those people. That’s why Funko Pops are the hottest thing.

I'm happy they're actually guaging interest by having products like these, but... ain't is easier to have, say a framed poster? 

I mean, seriously, for an extra $70 or so you could buy a Hi Point 9mm. Obviously this is quite different from a pistol, but when comparing how far a dollar can go...

Screw it, I'll just go win the Powerball and get both.