Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Edition of Lost Time preorder from Square-Enix

I'll note that if my two bikes sell soon and if there are any copies left, I'll cancel Amazon and pre-order this one.  I want that steel case, it's elegant and transfixes me...plus the Art Book looks sexy.  Having the CD is nice, but I'd rather have had a download and an in-game option, but that was never going to happen.  At least between the so-so new tracks are a ton of older Dragon Quest tracks faithfully rendered for this game.  Especially DQ 1, 2, and 3 music.

Edited by ignasia

6 hours ago, ignasia said:

I'll note that if my two bikes sell soon and if there are any copies left, I'll cancel Amazon and pre-order this one.  I want that steel case, it's elegant and transfixes me...plus the Art Book looks sexy.  Having the CD is nice, but I'd rather have had a download and an in-game option, but that was never going to happen.  At least between the so-so new tracks are a ton of older Dragon Quest tracks faithfully rendered for this game.  Especially DQ 1, 2, and 3 music.

One of us! One of us!

Real talk, Tossing in a pin would have made this CE perfect for me. At least the price would have been justified a bit more.  That being said, everything in this CE is nice and most importantly, practical.

I'm a sucker for hardcover artbooks, I can use the CDs in my car, and I finally have something to hang on my wall without worrying about it tearing up (hopefully). I believe a lanyard is on the way and I have 60 SE points for anything my little heart desires.

I'm always making poor financial choices anyways. Just spent 60 bucks on a Flip Flappers blu-ray because it came with a hardcover artbook.

Edited by Imutone
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Imutone said:

I'm always making poor financial choices anyways. Just spent 60 bucks on a Flip Flappers blu-ray because it came with a hardcover artbook.

Did you get it during Sentai’s huge sale?

1 hour ago, eal said:

Did you get it during Sentai’s huge sale?

Yeah. I was considering buying it before the sale as well. Talk about a lucky break.

2 minutes ago, Imutone said:

Yeah. I was considering buying it before the sale as well. Talk about a lucky break.

I got some Limited Editions too. Flying Witch and Chihiyafuru, along with a few other standard editions of shows I enjoyed that were on sale (From the New World was the cheapest I’ve seen it!). Kinda sad I got My Love Story!! shortly after it came out because that LE looked so nice.

I had some hesitations, but still ended up shelling out $175 for it.  Noting that The Witcher 3 included lesser versions of everything above just in the standard game (paper fold-out map, soundtrack, art book, DLC, and stickers), I still couldn't pass on this.  It's Dragon Quest!

I’m definitely dropping the $150. I want the collectible stuff. Plus I don’t get to buy DQ too often. I feel it’ll be worth it. Would have preferred it at $120 but oh well. 

€130 from Squenix's EU store + €12 for the only shipping option available...

Feel kinda silly, cuz I already bought the symphonic suite, but DQ is like one 2/3 series I love enough to spend that kind of money on it. I'm also very glad it's not like the DQ Heroes CE where all we got was a cheaply made treasure box a tiny plushy, some dlc codes and...that was it?

Thick artbook, full(not just some sample-ost or digital download) soundtrack and a steelcase that looks far better than the standard cover-art... for that reason I'm in

I think that I am going to stick with Amazon on this game. That artbook is tempting, but I was hoping for a statue or a Slime plushie.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cobolisdead said:

I think that I am going to stick with Amazon on this game. That artbook is tempting, but I was hoping for a statue or a Slime plushie.

I dunno. We got a plushie in the Heroes one, and they have like 5 of them on their store. So I think we’re good on Slime plushies. A statue of the sword would’ve been nice though. $150 is usually “statue” tier.

I already have enough slime plushies...ok, that's not true.  I need 1 more so I can give one of them to my little girl.  Start that Dragon Quest love early!

• Like 2

I already have enough slime plushies...ok, that's not true.  I need 1 more so I can give one of them to my little girl.  Start that Dragon Quest love early!
I've just got 1 that I keep above the TV, but my oldest asks to play with it often (I let him). On the final show & tell of the school year when he was free to choose anything he wanted to bring in (typically he has to bring something in with the letter of the week or topic), he chose that. I felt extremely proud!
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Enclave said:

I've just got 1 that I keep above the TV, but my oldest asks to play with it often (I let him). On the final show & tell of the school year when he was free to choose anything he wanted to bring in (typically he has to bring something in with the letter of the week or topic), he chose that. I felt extremely proud!

Back when homemade slime was a thing, his classmates must have been very thrown off when he said he was bringing in his Slime and he walked in with a plushie.

19 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Enclave said:

Awesome. Get the DQ love going early on.

Back when homemade slime was a thing, his classmates must have been very thrown off when he said he was bringing in his Slime and he walked in with a plushie.
We made slime today in Science Camp. It's always a dual meaning.

I went ahead and placed my order as well. I really want most of what it comes with. A plush or statue would have been a nice addition, but I’ll take it none the less. 

I'd love to actually OWN a Symphonic Suite, so yeah, I'll be getting the Lost Time Edition.

18 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I'd love to actually OWN a Symphonic Suite, so yeah, I'll be getting the Lost Time Edition.

Why don’t you import some? You can find a decent selection on Amazon (US) and especially on Amazon Japan. It’s easy enough to set up an account there too.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Why don’t you import some? You can find a decent selection on Amazon (US) and especially on Amazon Japan. It’s easy enough to set up an account there too.

It's on my to-do list.

$150 *hovering over checkout button

Eating 3 meals a day is over-rated anyway 

*click

I preordered for 145€. And in Spain we're getting the 30th anniversary artbook and the Emblem of Roto manga two days after the release of XI... Damn, i will be so broke in early september.

Im with those saying they'd like a plushie thrown in, but i don't want yet another slime; i want one of those new white ghost characters.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:16 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in the art book. I’ve a feeling there won’t be a ton of DQ11 artwork in the 30th anniversary book coming out later this year, so this DQ11 art book will be nice to have. Plus I’m looking forward to any notes left by Toriyama on how he designed characters.

The Japanese version only had one picture of XI: the Hero. I think it's safe to assume the english release will contain the same content as the japanese one, so the artbook in the LE should be quite nice in that regard :) 

8 hours ago, Flute_Warrior said:

$150 *hovering over checkout button

Eating 3 meals a day is over-rated anyway 

*click

Eh, I only eat once or twice a day.  It's actually better for you anyway, lets the stomach rest in between meals.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, Awesomeinblue said:

I think it's safe to assume the english release will contain the same content as the japanese one, so the artbook in the LE should be quite nice in that regard :)

That was my thinking.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:09 AM, eal said:

A soundtrack can be max $40 (but is usually $30) a steelbook will be sold separately in a store for $20 (State of Decay in a Best Buy as an example for where I got this number), and the artbook Viz is releasing is $30. That’s $80-90 in extras not including the map, sure, but these special editions are supposed to save you more in the long run.

Keep in mind this artbook is completely new and exclusive to this edition - it has nothing in common with the 30th anniversary one Viz is releasing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Michi said:

Keep in mind this artbook is completely new and exclusive to this edition - it has nothing in common with the 30th anniversary one Viz is releasing.

Yeah I know. I was just using Viz’s book to compare prices.