Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Tales of Vesperia remaster might be happening...

Heeey, maybe we could get a Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey remaster instead please.

25 minutes ago, eal said:

instead

46e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Fates said:

46e.jpg

I hope they never remaster Tales of Vesperia.

Wow...I was literally JUST talking about a Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey remake with Bob_the_Almighty last night.

As for tales...yeah, I love Vesperia, but I'd much prefer seeing a proper remake of Phantasia, then a second Destiny, then Symphonia (which hasn't been remade yet..actually Destiny is thus far the only tales game to get a remake, while Phantasia has seen a lot of ports, especially downgraded ports...Bamco is on acid with their consistency, and Abyss has had ONE port...granted it was enhanced).

I'd have to rank Vesperia 3rd after Symphonia and Abyss.  Then Destiny, then Eternia, then Phantasia, then Legendia.  I haven't played any Tales from Graces onward.

Yeah, Vesperia deserves one, it just feels out of place, but it WAS an amazing experience.  I just thought the battle system was slower and less open than Symphonia, and Abyss has the deepest character development in the series, but Vesperia is probably the most balanced in every way, and it's gorgeous.

29 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Wow...I was literally JUST talking about a Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey remake with Bob_the_Almighty last night.

As for tales...yeah, I love Vesperia, but I'd much prefer seeing a proper remake of Phantasia, then a second Destiny, then Symphonia (which hasn't been remade yet..actually Destiny is thus far the only tales game to get a remake, while Phantasia has seen a lot of ports, especially downgraded ports...Bamco is on acid with their consistency, and Abyss has had ONE port...granted it was enhanced).

I'd have to rank Vesperia 3rd after Symphonia and Abyss.  Then Destiny, then Eternia, then Phantasia, then Legendia.  I haven't played any Tales from Graces onward.

Yeah, Vesperia deserves one, it just feels out of place, but it WAS an amazing experience.  I just thought the battle system was slower and less open than Symphonia, and Abyss has the deepest character development in the series, but Vesperia is probably the most balanced in every way, and it's gorgeous.

I really need to play Tales of the Abyss at some point. I’ve had it since the 3DS version came out since I wanted an RPG for the system, and Nintendo Power’s previews for it made it seem worthwhile. I MAYBE played it for 5 hours and just stopped. Not because of the game itself, just got distracted by high school stuff.

2 hours ago, Fates said:

46e.jpg

Is...is that the weird frog girl from My Hero Academia in a GTA game?

I really hope this is happening. It was great to wake up and read those rumors. I would be hyped if it was on PS4. 

I've never so much as seen gameplay footage of a Tales game. Am I missing out on something?

22 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Is...is that the weird frog girl from My Hero Academia in a GTA game?

You call her Sue, good sir.

51 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I've never so much as seen gameplay footage of a Tales game. Am I missing out on something?

Same game, different word at the end of the title.

Same game, different word at the end of the title.
Much could be said of DQ. Same game, different Roman Numeral at the end. 🤣

Just now, Plattym3 said:

Much could be said of DQ. Same game, different Roman Numeral at the end. 🤣emoji23.png

Except Dragon Quest doesn’t look ugly.

Sorry, Tales fans. No judgement but I’ve given those games a try and they look hideous to me.

1 hour ago, eal said:

You call her Sue, good sir.

Let me guess: she’s another one of your waifus or best girls or whatever other flavor words you guys use.

16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Let me guess: she’s another one of your waifus or best girls or whatever other flavor words you guys use.

No. That honor belongs to Mina Ashido.

1 hour ago, eal said:

No. That honor belongs to Mina Ashido.

I'm a proud fan of Yaoyorozu Mimi. 

My taste is basic like that.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, eal said:

Heeey, maybe we could get a Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey remaster instead please.

If it meant more of Takehiko Inoue's art I align myself with eal.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

4 hours ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

I'm a proud fan of Yaoyorozu Mimi. 

She just has the biggest boobs. She’s just a wet blanket aside from that.

Well the remaster was revealed, but platforms are not known yet.

Namco Bandai Brazil posted a tweet saying all platforms, but the tweet was deleted.

2 minutes ago, Fates said:

Well the remaster was revealed, but platforms are not known yet.

Namco Bandai Brazil posted a tweet saying all platforms, but the tweet was deleted.

It’s coming to Xbox One.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/10/tales-vesperia-definitive-edition-revealed-xbox-one-coming-winter/

I guess I should have said "outside Xbox One". It wasn't labeled an exclusive at the conference, only a "world premier"

I hope it’s XBone exclusive for all time. Microsoft could really #$*!ing use one or two of those.

Edited by eal

All major platforms, includes JP/ENG voice

• Like 1

Ps4 or Switch...which to choose.  Which to choose.  I kind of want Vesperia on the go.

Edited by ignasia

14 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Ps4 or Switch...which to choose.  Which to choose.  I kind of want Vesperia on the go.

Can’t decide? Better go with the Xbone version.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Can’t decide? Better go with the Xbone version.

In Sovietsoft Xbox Bones you!  Though at least they give you pretty pictures to look at and feel better about being accosted.

No thank you, lol.

I've never gotten into Tales, so I understand zero of the hype about this remake. WTF makes this one so special. Explain the craziness.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I've never gotten into Tales, so I understand zero of the hype about this remake. WTF makes this one so special. Explain the craziness.

According to the trailer it has “one of the best stories in the Tales of series.” Whether that’s true or just marketing, I don’t know.