Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

A question about the iOS versions...

So now that I have a good phone to actually play the Dragon Quest mobile games on, I’m thinking of getting the other ones I don’t have. Currently I only have DQ1 and 8 (which I’ve never been able to run so we’ll see how that one works on my new phone), and so far DQ1 has played very well. I tested it out and it was doing alright. Easy to control, clear to read/see everything...all was fine on that front.

I’m wondering though, do any of the iOS versions of the other games have any technical problems? I’ve heard the mobile port of DQ2 is glitchy (could have been updated) so I want to make sure it would be worth getting that and the other versions as well.

I’d love to support the mobile versions now, so I’d appreciate some feedback.

I have only played 1 and 2, but I never ran into any trouble on my Iphone

34 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I have only played 1 and 2, but I never ran into any trouble on my Iphone

That’s good to know about DQ2 then. Platty told me it crashed a few times on his iPad, but only after doing a specific set of steps. By the sounds of it the quick save was the problem, but that could have been patched out by this point.

That’s good to know about DQ2 then. Platty told me it crashed a few times on his iPad, but only after doing a specific set of steps. By the sounds of it the quick save was the problem, but that could have been patched out by this point.
Easily. I did the lightspeed run, so it's been years and years and older device since then.

I own DQ 1-6 and 8 on iOS and I’ve beaten them all (some multiple times).  The only one that ever gave me issues was DQ 2 - it would crash a bunch with the original version.  It’s since been patched two or three times since release and it runs without issue. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

I own DQ 1-6 and 8 on iOS and I’ve beaten them all (some multiple times).  The only one that ever gave me issues was DQ 2 - it would crash a bunch with the original version.  It’s since been patched two or three times since release and it runs without issue. 

Great, glad to hear it.

I'm on Android, but I've had no problems with any of them.