A Part of Your World: NPC heaven!

Hello everyone! Here is a topic that is probably not talked about alot!

Thoughout the dragon quest games, one of the series greatest strengths is the dialogue and Non Playable Characters that fleshes out the world to its fullest.

Here a interesting question: Who are some of your favorite NPC in the series?

Some of my favorites would be in Zenithia(DQ 4) where we meet a female angel would is heavily implied to be the hero's mother. It really shows how tragic the hero's back story is. 

For a much lighter hearted example: i enjoy the classic " old man who wants to class change in a female maid" in every dq game with a class system. It is just some that you look foward in finding.

Does Morrie count since he wasn't a playable character initially?

• Like 1

Prince Charmles. And no, I'm not joking. I find him hilarious.

I think the spirit of the OP implied those lesser NPCs that just has one or a handful of lines, not playing a major role in the sotry.

With those in mind, I'm a big fan of that hermit guy in DQ6 who's living by himself,

Spoiler

dreaming of being a succesful merchant, resulting in the dream of an entire mercantile town, being one of the first places you visit in the game, before you get to realise what is going on.

(early game spoilers)

If I haven't adequately expressed my admiration and enjoyment of Erinn from DQIX for being one of the best girls in all DQ, then I clearly haven't been expressing myself adequately. (And she absolutely counts, you can't recruit her 'til the post game and she only ever converses with you as an NPC because the player characters are all nonentities).

Frankly, a lot of the IX NPCs are good.

Trode and Medea are both very good. Medea is quite possibly my favorite princess in all of fantasy.

Outside of that, it seems to me to be a matter of which NPCs are most memorable. Highlights include Harry and Honey from DQ5 and Tania from DQ6.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, eal said:

Horse Medea.

You're the kind of guy to get every dream conversation and pretend he didn't.

I pretend nothing. I actively tried to get them all. Sucks that you have to converse with the normal Medea though instead of her preferred horse form.

21 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Dude.

I can't afford to go back there, man. I can't handle it.

The fact that you were ever there at all is the issue that needs addressing.

Bunnygirl barmaids. ;)

More seriously, does Empyrea / Ramia count?  The Godbird was a mode of transit in DQ3 and her son was the same in DQ8, both accompanied by gorgeous music.

Also Orwick and his girlfriend in DW1.  Even when the land was saved, they never did get the place right for their rendezvous. Hilarious.