Anyone have pets here?

Onyx

Okay now it's time to talk about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can be really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them? Or what kind of treatment you give them? For me, I have a dog and I really take good care of her, my dog likes to chew bones so I searched online to look for a dog bone that has more benefits. As I was searching I saw these dog bones which has different types, brands, and flavors. Can anyone share your thoughts about this product? It says that it says that the dog will like this bone and will keep them happy while chewing it. 

Edited by Onyx

Currently I have two cats, both live outdoors. One is named Cole, the other is named Shadow.

When growing up I had a number of dogs, 3 of which were in the house way before I was born. We eventually got a 4th (the last one) and he lived until 2010. Each dog was named after a character from Cheers since my parents were fans of the show: Woody ( whitish yellow Labrador), Carla (chocolate lab), Coach (Doberman), and Norman (yellow lab).

If I ever get a dog in the future (which I'd like to at some point) I'll continue the trend and name it Fraiser if male or Lilith if female.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I had multiple fish as a kid.

The fish I have had in my adult years was a male betta named Nixon. 

I currently have 4 cats; Lunar, Rocky, Shadow and Jerry. My wife has a ferret named Bella.

As of now, I have a Shepherd mix named Scooby, and a Comet Goldfish named Puthimon. My sister also has a goldfish named Frank and my dad has a box turtle named Donatello and like, 20 quail. Growing up, I had a Choc Lab named Milton, and my brother had too many reptiles to list. There were also many other fish, 2 other dogs, a few hamsters, a bunny, and a frog

Do my kids count? :P

I have a cat that meows more then any cat you will ever meet. She didn’t used to care much for me, but recently, we got her a feather on a string and it’s now the only toy she will ever play with. Plus, I’m the only one that plays with her for long periods of time and I come up with inventive ways of playing with it, so she seems me as the Designated Play Person. We keep the feather in a drawer, and she rubs against it, tries to get you to follow her to it, and will look at you and meow right in your face until you take it out. Occasionally, if it’s opened slightly, she’ll desperately try to get it out. Never used to like me all that much, but now I’m her best friend.

Edited by eal

40 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Do my kids count? :P

If they did I'm sure you, King Zenith, and Platty would have plenty to share about them! 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If they did I'm sure you, King Zenith, and Platty would have plenty to share about them! 😂

Very true. Squirrels aside. I haven't had any pets since high school. But we had plenty of dogs and cats on the farm (plus cows and pigs till we ate them ;)) and a few cats after we moved away from the farm

I have a dog. Correction, my wife does. He and I rarely interact unless I walk him or he gets underfoot. He's a mommy's boy. And a grumpy old man. Having 2 kids under 5 around chasing him all the time has aged him more than his 10 years.

He used to work at Sea World, but got fired.

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I have a dog. Correction, my wife does. He's a mommy's boy. And a grumpy old man. Having 2 kids under 5 around chasing him all the time has aged him more than his years.

I cut out a few sentences and now you’re talking about yourself.

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I have a dog. Correction, my wife does. He and I rarely interact unless I walk him or he gets underfoot. He's a mommy's boy. And a grumpy old man. Having 2 kids under 5 around chasing him all the time has aged him more than his 10 years.

He used to work at Sea World, but got fired.

All of our dogs were definitely my parents dogs. They didn't listen to me all that well except for Norman. But if mom was around, he'd totally ignore me!

I cut out a few sentences and now you’re talking about yourself.
Thanks for thinking highly of my work history at least!

I have both a cat and a dog. They are both absurdly cute, and will constantly make a hilarious variety of noises to get our attention.

• 3 weeks later...

We've got a pet ferret named Molly.  She's a cinnamon sable, which means she's not as dark brown as most ferrets.

Used to have an albino male named Casper until about a year and a half ago as well, he passed.  Fondly remembered.

I'm linking a youtube video from my husband, of the two ferrets in their heyday.  You can see my feet in the first few seconds there.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was living with my parents, we had two dogs. I've only seen them once since I had to leave, and I miss them both very much.

We lost our fourteen year old Kitty three days before Christmas last year.

We still have our 5 year old calico cat and our 10 year old Shi Tzu. I'll have to snap a picture of our dog this evening.a0f4a3c7b6d75226a4afaa409d9cae08.jpgfb0111fc2772a5515f479eae53ec714f.jpg

• 3 years later...

So previous post a bot? Taking bets?

• Like 1

I’ve got a Uromastyx names Yangus. Super hearty desert lizard with a lifespan of about 30 years. 

He’s also got awesome spikes, which inspired his name. 

He is friendly and enjoys being handle. Eats a handful of greens about twice a week and munches in lentils and dried peas in between. He needs no water as he gets what he needs from the greens.

• Like 2

Wow, it's been a while.

No more dog, he passed expensively in November.

We adopted a cat that found us in January of 2019. Saw my oldest dragging her around the back yard one day. She kept coming back and lived on our porch for months before we got her all registered and shots. Turns out she was 1-2 years old and already spayed. Must've been left behind by someone or just looking for a better home. My son originally wanted to name her Leaf Small, but we dodged that mess. She's named Kitty Bitty, but one summer our neighbor fed her too much, she's now Kitty Fatty to me. We just got home after being gone 23 days. She had a visitor every other day, but man did she yell at us for our first 12 hours home.

I have 4 cats. 1 of them is my mom's, 2 of them are mine, and the other one is whoever she feels like for the day. I also have a Leopard Gecko.

We sadly lost two of our other cats in the past year. So we were up to 6 at one point.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:40 PM, Twinkie said:

I have 4 cats. 1 of them is my mom's, 2 of them are mine, and the other one is whoever she feels like for the day. I also have a Leopard Gecko.

We sadly lost two of our other cats in the past year. So we were up to 6 at one point.

Aww sorry to hear about your cats. 

Cool that you’ve got a gecko though! I used to have two. I’m a major reptile nerd, though I only have the one at the moment. Is your Leopard one of the more social ones? How long have you had him?

19 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Aww sorry to hear about your cats. 

Cool that you’ve got a gecko though! I used to have two. I’m a major reptile nerd, though I only have the one at the moment. Is your Leopard one of the more social ones? How long have you had him?

She isn't that social to anyone outside of me. She does like to climb up my arms and hands, but that is just about it. I had her since 2011, so it would be 10 years in September. She is still as healthy and alert when we first got her. I used to get tall container and fill it up with random created terrain from lego bricks, and I would change it up once a month and let her explore inside of it at least once a week as well. I should probably do that again sometime.

• Like 1

This is my cat and she's 1 year old. Name's Zorro!

816045481_image01028.thumb.jpeg.2d4dc718099f2f7d5be3357c169a126d.jpeg

• Like 1