Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Latest English gameplay video

1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

Actually would have preferred to hear you than the host. I'm sure he's nice. He just seemed like the type that feels the need to constantly narrate, which gets in the way when you want to hear insight from the developers or new voice acting.

If we do it again, I'll try to talk more! It's kinda difficult when you're also focusing on playing and showing the game off well, and it was my first time doing something in a setting like that.

6 hours ago, Michi said:

As long as you didn't mind the girl commenting occasionally. ;)

You have a nice calm voice. 

5 hours ago, Aurin said:

I can think of a few crackpot puns myself. If you know what i mean.

happy-ba-dum-tss.png

The drum guy would be worn out.

6 hours ago, Michi said:

If we do it again, I'll try to talk more! It's kinda difficult when you're also focusing on playing and showing the game off well, and it was my first time doing something in a setting like that.

Keen! It might be good to mention to the host to try not to talk over story bits. Many fans like myself want to hear the new voices n' such, and he was talking over it. Some commentary is fine, but is frustrating when it overshadows the main content.

It's hilarious to me that when everyone else has an English accent, that when Erik sounds like an American, we say that HE has the accent, lol.

Would it just be plain or flat type voice? There are many, many accents as you probably know. that is the one i call neutral.

1 hour ago, david said:

Would it just be plain or flat type voice? There are many, many accents as you probably know. that is the one i call neutral.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'd say plain is probably a better description.  Flat seems like monotone, and there's definite variance in pitch to his voice.

I'd say it sounds like a Western US or South Western accent, more akin to California, Oregon, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and Nevada.  Maybe even Washington, Montana, and Wyoming as well..  No particular distinguishing characteristics, slang, pitch.  Just a very clean general Hollywood type accent you hear from people who aren't attempting to have any accent whatsoever, just speaking normally but without the stereotypical elements associated with SoCal, like the valley girl.

It is hard to tell though with the host speaking over most of the lines, and it could just be more plain spoken English without a British accent at certain points, like the one point where he's most clear and discernible.

Edited by ignasia

South California right? that speech style that ends almost every statement with a question and raising pitch in tone. That has spread very fast even here in a country area. very contagious. 

Finally sat down and watched some of this. It's gorgeous.

My official purchase date for my new house is September 20th, at which point I'll be getting a new TV. Hopefully I'll still be trekking through this game at that point and I'll be able to experience it on the new TV (I'll be playing on my little 32" at first)

....or perhaps I'll just get the new TV a little early so I my first DQ XI experience is  even better....

• Like 1

I've been avoiding all gameplay videos and such, curse my weakness and caving in to watch this even though it's only mild spoilers!

By the way, great job Michi.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enclave said:

I've been avoiding all gameplay videos and such, curse my weakness and caving in to watch this even though it's only mild spoilers!

By the way, great job Michi.

Grow older, forget what you saw a month ago :????::????: (like me) and it's all new to you in September!