Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Latest English gameplay video

29 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It has sounded pretty good so far. Erik's voice is the only one I'm kind of, "Okay...?" about. His voice actor sounded kind of bored in his fully spoken lines, with a few odd inflections.

Nothing horrible of course. Just a little odd. I'm sure once I'm playing the full game I'll never think of it again.

And I loved Jarvis's voice. His actor did a great job.

Erik has a slight accent for a reason, which makes sense later in the game!

35 minutes ago, Michi said:

Erik has a slight accent for a reason, which makes sense later in the game!

Oh, didn't even realize he was speaking with an accent! Sounded like a standard English accent to me from the two gameplay videos thus far. Or, to be a bit more precise, his accent sounded similar to how Terry's sounds in the Heroes games.

I'll take a stab and say Erik is some kind of royal who turned down the throne/ran from home to live a free life or is part of some ancient tribe of sorts that's meant to seek out and help the Luminary (or hero) since he bares that mark on his hand.

I'm guessing you can't tell us, but fingers crossed one of my guesses is right. I'm looking forward to learning more about the characters, especially Sylvando and old man Rab.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Watching, (of course) Michi is right. There's a jar/urn pun in every single line of dialogue. Awesome. More puns = more fun.

I had to play that section a few times to get the timing right and figure out what we wanted to show - and when I played that boss scene I was always like "........oh there's where all the puns in the game are. right here in this dialogue."

• Like 1

Not watching so I can go in totally blind (sorry Michi!), but since you guys are saying there’s pot puns...are there any of the 420 variety?

4 hours ago, eal said:

English voice acting harms the original creators’ artistic vision, I’m sure.

i bet you think you are cute huh?

2 hours ago, Michi said:

Man. You are really hard to please. This game looks gorgeous and I think the voice acting is pretty great for the most part!😛

I was talking about the guys commenting.

Just now, david said:

i bet you think you are cute huh?

I mean, have you seen my avatar? It’s downright adorable.

Totes adorbs.

Also, puns are great.

57 minutes ago, eal said:

Not watching so I can go in totally blind (sorry Michi!), but since you guys are saying there’s pot puns...are there any of the 420 variety?

No.

45 minutes ago, eal said:

I mean, have you seen my avatar? It’s downright adorable.

I half expect you to start telling us to go to bed. I know it's not the same character, but still.

I chalk it up to sleep but that reference is going way over my head.

With the exception of Erik (so far he seems like a mixed bag to me), I do like the English dub.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 8:55 PM, eal said:

I chalk it up to sleep but that reference is going way over my head.

To be clear I'm posting the picture so you know who I'm talking about. This is just my favorite example.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

26 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

To be clear I'm posting the picture so you know who I'm talking about. This is just my favorite example.

IMG_0978.JPG

In my defense it’s been literally almost a year since I’ve even thought about P5 memes.

I loved Veronica's voice. Suits her very well. Serena is just as good, and Erik is only slightly weaker than them.

26 minutes ago, eal said:

In my defense it’s been literally almost a year since I’ve even thought about P5 memes.

You're also tired.

• Like 1

I only watched the first few minutes. I wanted to see some gameplay, but not spoil too much for myself. I want most of it to be fresh and exciting. I’m kind of hyped...

I only really watched bits of the boss, and I must say, what I saw looked great. I love how battles are dynamic, kinda like expanding on what they did for 9. But I'm not exactly sure how Pep works. Is it like a Coup de Grace or more like tension?

Erik's voice is great you guys are crazy, only a few times it felt off a bit

21 minutes ago, muddy120 said:

Erik's voice is great you guys are crazy, only a few times it felt off a bit

They should use his voice for advertising.

I only watched the first few minutes. I wanted to see some gameplay, but not spoil too much for myself. I want most of it to be fresh and exciting. I’m kind of hyped...
I only watched because I heard Michi did it. I don't have patience for videos anymore in my life. If it's not a written review, I don't do. Haha.

Looks great!

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I only watched because I heard Michi did it. I don't have patience for videos anymore in my life. If it's not a written review, I don't do. Haha.

Looks great!

A lot of people are the opposite now. They don’t want to read written reviews, they want videos that either show off gameplay or feature a personality they like talking about it.

• Like 1

A lot of people are the opposite now. They don’t want to read written reviews, they want videos that either show off gameplay or feature a personality they like talking about it.
True. I search up Walkthroughs often enough and the first links are always stupid YouTube videos. I can't control-F a video!

15 hours ago, david said:

I was talking about the guys commenting.

As long as you didn't mind the girl commenting occasionally. ;)

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Looks great!

I appreciate it!! :)

16 hours ago, eal said:

Haha no, they're all jars and shattered and urn (instead of earn) and crackpot and etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michi said:

Haha no, they're all jars and shattered and urn (instead of earn) and crackpot and etc.

I can think of a few crackpot puns myself. If you know what i mean.

happy-ba-dum-tss.png

3 hours ago, Michi said:

As long as you didn't mind the girl commenting occasionally. ;)

Actually would have preferred to hear you than the host. I'm sure he's nice. He just seemed like the type that feels the need to constantly narrate, which gets in the way when you want to hear insight from the developers or new voice acting.

• Like 1