Sign in to follow this  
muddy120

Again Marketing Venues

This time for real, not gonna let this one get off topic this time lol. Thoughts on DQ XI direction marketing and its future for the series and so on.

6 hours ago, muddy120 said:

This time for real, not gonna let this one get off topic this time lol. Thoughts on DQ XI direction marketing and its future for the series and so on.

Now just know I don't use the info for anything other than my own knowledge and traffic (visits, uniques, etc) if I did you would be seeing ads on this site, but I hate that on other sites so I don't want to do it here (that is why I plug my Amazon links :P).

But I could pull the demographics from the Den and share that if anyone really wants to know.

• Like 1

@WoodusSo you don't resell to Japanese third parties our personal data and Google analytics info?

Shame!

Pd: No, honestly, that really makes you a good person, plus the ad free. Gonna have to buy you a few beers.

• Like 1

Facebook ads.  Honestly they're the only advertising I ever see.  I listen to audiobooks, not radio in the car.  I watch Netflix and Ad-free Hulu, not broadcast TV.  I rarely visit any websites not needed for work, just news apps without ads. So, yeah, that's about it.

And they've already done that!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Facebook ads.  Honestly they're the only advertising I ever see.  I listen to audiobooks, not radio in the car.  I watch Netflix and Ad-free Hulu, not broadcast TV.  I rarely visit any websites not needed for work, just news apps without ads. So, yeah, that's about it.

And they've already done that!

Wait... so you don't use stuff like Ublock Origin?

Podcasts. If only because I’m bored of hearing ad reads on Casper mattresses, SquareSpace, LootCrate, and Audible all the time.

13 hours ago, eal said:

If only because I’m bored of hearing ad reads on Casper mattresses, SquareSpace, LootCrate, and Audible all the time.

Adding Dragon Quest stuff to a Lootcrate (or similar popular ones) would be good advertising - it gets out to a bunch of people who are already open to dig into anything being sent to them in a crate, and those that don't care will start selling the goods, which will flood various marketplaces with Dragon Quest branding.

I'm sure SE have already thought of that - but if they haven't, they should.

16 hours ago, eal said:

Podcasts. If only because I’m bored of hearing ad reads on Casper mattresses, SquareSpace, LootCrate, and Audible all the time.

Do people listen to podcast, on a mainstream level I mean, except maybe like the radio or something

19 minutes ago, muddy120 said:

Do people listen to podcast, on a mainstream level I mean, except maybe like the radio or something

People seemed to really like Serial.

9 minutes ago, eal said:

People seemed to really like Serial. 

Or cereal, bring back the 80's cartoon cereals with Dragon Quest Slimes! :thumbsup:

cereal donkey kong.jpg

cereal mario zelda.jpg

cereal pac man.jpg

5 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Or cereal, bring back the 80's cartoon cereals with Dragon Quest Slimes! :thumbsup:

cereal donkey kong.jpg

cereal mario zelda.jpg

cereal pac man.jpg

I mean, that Mario cereal sold out so quickly I never saw one in stores. They really missed a golden opportunity by not calling them Mari-Os.

Here you go, Square Enix, this idea’s free. Specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal includes a plastic spoon shaped like a Dragon Quest Sword. Let’s bring those things back.

32 minutes ago, eal said:

I mean, that Mario cereal sold out so quickly I never saw one in stores. They really missed a golden opportunity by not calling them Mari-Os.

Here you go, Square Enix, this idea’s free. Specially marked boxes of General Mills cereal includes a plastic spoon shaped like a Dragon Quest Sword. Let’s bring those things back.

I'd eat it.

One box may have Sword of Erdrick, another box may have the Zenithian Sword.

If you're REALLY lucky, you're box will have the Metal King Sword.

If they made a cereal specially for Dragon Quest, they can be little Slime-shaped Cheerios with Dracky-shaped marshmallows.

Nah. It'd be like Crunch Berries, but using a variety of Slimes as the berries.

They should market Dragon Quest as an ‘80s-style Saturday morning cartoon, complete with a tie-in cartoon, action figures, the aforementioned cereal, etc. Come on, SE! These are great ideas and you’re getting them for free!

43 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Nah. It'd be like Crunch Berries, but using a variety of Slimes as the berries.

Oops All Slimes!

Oops All Slimes.jpg

3 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Oops All Slimes!

Oops All Slimes.jpg

Yes, exactly this! Works like a charm.

But not a Lucky Charm.

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

Oops All Slimes!

Oops All Slimes.jpg

Cereal made of slimes... mmm lemme think twice about that.

Is that a box of Captain Crunch? What do they taste like? I only know the box art because of well... John Draper.

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

But not a Lucky Charm.

I’d take Rice Crispies so we can snap, crackle, pop a spell with every bite!

Sounds like a good idea, only i don't like general mills or most other commercialized food products.

Convince South Park to do an FF versus DQ spoof in lieu of social commentary, similarly to Lord of the Rings vs Harry Potter, or Sony (House Stark) vs MS (House Lannister).

Linnus Tech Tips has started to splinter off into discussing games, retro and new.  So why not cash-in on a channel with 40+m views a month, and 5+m subscribers.  See if anyone there is a secret Dragon Quest fan, and is willing to help by doing a fun video over DQ11.  Especially since DQ11 ties in with its own retroverse in being THE defacto retro JRPG series.

9 minutes ago, ignasia said:

Convince South Park to do an FF versus DQ spoof in lieu of social commentary, similarly to Lord of the Rings vs Harry Potter, or Sony (House Stark) vs MS (House Lannister).

Linnus Tech Tips has started to splinter off into discussing games, retro and new.  So why not cash-in on a channel with 40+m views a month, and 5+m subscribers.  See if anyone there is a secret Dragon Quest fan, and is willing to help by doing a fun video over DQ11.  Especially since DQ11 ties in with its own retroverse in being THE defacto retro JRPG series.

Except have them pick FF as the winner since they ended up being very off the mark in regards to who would win this console generation.

In fact, that entire storyline was off the mark. They do a whole overly long  bit about all the wang in Game of Thrones, kept doubling down on that particular joke, but there are like three seen in the entire show and almost every possible reference or joke about the books and show were inaccurate.

Edited by eal

2 hours ago, eal said:

Except have them pick FF as the winner since they ended up being very off the mark in regards to who would win this console generation.

In fact, that entire storyline was off the mark. They do a whole overly long  bit about all the wang in Game of Thrones, kept doubling down on that particular joke, but there are like three seen in the entire show and almost every possible reference or joke about the books and show were inaccurate.

In a way though they were accurate on a few things, just not in direct relation to the books.  A bit closer to the show.  Though the most accurate elements were the social commentary bits about rivalries between gamers, Sony fanboys touting the PS3's cell processor as being superior (it wasn't...it was actually a boondogle that amounted to wasted potential even fully utilizing the system, and bottlenecked due to RAM and a crap GPU).  I guess they expected the same to play out in the PS4 vs XB1 era (seriously MS...seriously, XB ONE?  Why not XB Tres, or something cool like XB Ultimate or XB Unicron, or Deus in the XB...maybe I shouldn't give them ideas in case they have spiders scouring the web for creative thoughts they lack themselves, having long since sold their souls.

There's also the accurate commentary on the madness of consumerism, and the near bloodbath of Black Friday deals.

That said...yeah, they should have FF win out in the end, or simply end with them as appealing to different types of people, and the lesson is maybe both are good depending on the circumstances.  You want new and exciting, FF, you want that homey feeling, DQ won't let you down.  Doesn't have to end in destruction.  A little more like the LOTR episode, where half the kids left for Harry Potter because it's simpler in nature, and less intensive and real.