Sign in to follow this  
Phosis

Hello!

Hey all,

I came here specifically because of my interest in Dragon Quest X. I am a big DQ fan obviously, and over the past week got myself set up in the game. With the help of another member last night (don't know the name, but I know she helped with the Saigan videos and is in some of them) I learned a tremendous amount about the game that I didn't know before. I have pieced together the rest from guides, videos, and of course the coveted Google Translate. Understanding a bit of Kana and how to type it has helped a bit as well. I am enjoying myself very much so far.

A bit about me:

I work in a computer shop, am a married pop of three kids, and am getting gray hair. I write for a video game news site called Destructoid, and also make Paint drawings of animals for fun. My favorite DQ is a toss up between IV, VIII, and I, and I am having a lot of fun so far. Thanks for all the help, and thank you to Cranberry for inviting me to the Dragon Den group in game!

Welcome to the Den. I like to refer to it as a little haven of the pre-Facebook internet that's been preserved into our smartphone-centric world.

Its great to hear that a game journo is into DQ!

Welcome to the Den, I've got a few of those grey hair things going too :)  Hope you enjoy it here

You write for Destructoid? That's pretty cool! Maybe someone like you can help get Square's attention

13 hours ago, Phosis said:

I am a big DQ fan obviously,

Sorry to hear that.  (stares down at my own belly) Happens to many of us as the grey hairs move in and the legendary descendants begin to grow!  I'm hoping my company sponsors another weight-loss contest next year, it's what got me to lose 40 pounds a couple years ago, but it's all back now!

Welcome to the Den!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Sorry to hear that.  (stares down at my own belly) Happens to many of us as the grey hairs move in and the legendary descendants begin to grow!  I'm hoping my company sponsors another weight-loss contest next year, it's what got me to lose 40 pounds a couple years ago, but it's all back now!

Welcome to the Den!

I read all that in Yangus' voice, haha!

Thanks!

10 hours ago, jay said:

You write for Destructoid? That's pretty cool! Maybe someone like you can help get Square's attention

Well I wouldn't put much faith in that myself, but at the very least I am writing a big piece about DQX and the community. It's coming along as I play the game and will be published probably within the next couple of weeks. Maybe it will inspire a few more people to get into the game at least, I'd be pretty pleased if that happened.

Alright Platty, now you're going to irreversably confuse the new guys, going forward, if you and Yangus don't swap your avatars back.

Alright Platty, now you're going to irreversably confuse the new guys, going forward, if you and Yangus don't swap your avatars back.
Haha, I just thought that too. May 1st, I promise!

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, I just thought that too. May 1st, I promise!

At this point we need to keep them as is. Let the April Fool’s joke last the whole year.