Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

So... finally got 7.

Ok, so here's how it works:

After recruiting a monster, returning to Monster Meadows and speaking to the old man in charge of it (in order to release the monsters into the Meadows) will put a slime stamp on the respective page of the Big Book of Beasts.

This is actually really good to know. I had no idea there was a way to track this in game. I might actually go and recruit all the monsters now...or maybe not. Who knows?

VII was a strange bird for me. I think it felt the most like a real journey out of the games so far, mainly because it was so long and I played it slowly over a very long period of time. There were times when I was exhausted by, or completely sick of it. Then that would pave way for times where I was very happy playing it. At the bitter end I was excited for it to be over so I could move on, but since finishing it, have thought a lot about it and wanted to pick it up again. I think it's a very unique game due to the way it is laid out, and in my mind even though I didn't always have fun with it, it's right up there among my favorites.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 10:01 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Thank you.

Sometimes I hate it. There are games I refuse to stop playing until I can get everything or most everything, and DQ7 3DS is definitely in that group seeing as we had to wait so long to get it in English. I'd love to try and recruit all the monsters to the Park, but I have no idea which ones I need and don't need anymore!

Really wish there was an in-game checklist.

Being a completionist is a good thing! Not only does it allow you do get the most bang for your buck, but it makes you true expert on the titles you complete. I would love to be as dedicated as you, but with limited gaming time, typically I'm pretty eager to move on once I've done all the things I consider to be important.

That is why I'm planning on taking a couple days off when DQ XI comes out. I really want to dive in with the attitude of exploring every nook and cranny, and taking my time doing it. But I suppose that is a conversation for a different thread...

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, cprmauldin said:

Congrats on getting one of the best games in the series. Buckle up for a long journey. I think I finished VII at 101 hours or so.

Keep us updated on your progress!

I'm hoping that one day we will see VII get a nice upgrade to the same quality as X or XI.  To see VII voiced with cutscenes, that would be intense!  

I'm hoping that one day we will see VII get a nice upgrade to the same quality as X or XI.  To see VII voiced with cutscenes, that would be intense!  
No! Enough Maribel. Life-like voiced Maribel would be horrible!

42 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

But the already have a voice actress for her courtesy of DQ Heroes 2 (insert Platty’s long subtitle for it here). You mean you DON’T want her to berate you in fully voiced dialogue?

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Madrigal said:

So much hate for Maribelle, I think she's just a mother hen type that just wants attention of the hero.  Honestly I'm trying to figure out if VII is bigger than XI.

17 minutes ago, Madrigal said:

So much hate for Maribelle, I think she's just a mother hen type that just wants attention of the hero.  Honestly I'm trying to figure out if VII is bigger than XI.

Maribel*

On 4/14/2018 at 10:56 PM, Fates said:

7 is great. Recently played the PS1 version and it's probably surpassed 6 as my favorite in the series.

It's hella long, but I saw it as watching a shonen animu series. And it really is, what with the sub-arcs leading up to the big plot.

It also explains what happened to Whis after Dragon Ball Super.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, after a friend pointed out Orgodemir looks like a demonic Whis, I can't unsee it

Cannot wait until I read the whole thread before I reply to this.

This is exactly the same for me. I love VI, but VII came and stole that spot. Let's see what XI does to my list. :)

On 4/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, Red Dragon said:

VII (PSX version) was one that aged like a fine wine with me. I liked it originally, but it grew to be my favorite. The character development is what I like best, most of which comes through the party chat.

Ditto again.

And I have read people say that VII has the worst character because they do not have any development. Likely people who hated Maribel for 5 the minutes they played and never even realized how to use the party chat (or are the type of people who do not even talk to NPCs, much less to party members every 5 seconds, as we all should). :)

If you go for all the monsters for the park, make sure you get the special download monsters first. I heard that once you get all the regular monsters, the park owner no longer checks.

That's where I am stuck now. I am missing the metal slime tower and the golden slime tower. That's all I need from the special monsters. I am afraid to recruit many regular monsters and then complete the park without getting those two... :(