Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Chie Sucks

It's time to wake up people. The top-tier waifu of Persona 4, Chie, is trash-tier. Yes, that's right. And I've got a good reason for why I feel this way.

Image result for chie

First of all, her design is hideous. In a genre of super-hot, super-big-boobed babes with great hair, she's got ... nothing.  Look at that hair... no body.  It's like someone just threw a mop on top of a bald basic character model.  And while other characters are popping buttons with their cleavage, Chie has long sleeves and her jacket has a turtle neck.  Her top wouldn't have been scandalous on a 1920s beach, let alone in this day and age of waifus & b(r)e(a)st girls.

Then, you've got her voice.  They totally killed that in P4G compared to P4.  Tracy Rooney did the original voice acting in P4 and made Chie sound like she was 25 and old enough to have a few kids and be sick of her first husband, but then they went and changed to Erin Fitzgerald in P4G.  Ick, they might has well have changed to the dead voice of F. Scott Fitzgerald!  New Chie sounds way too nasaly, not like she's a teenager, more like she's dying of respiratory damage caused by snorting too much coke or a mentally challenged kindergardener.

Okay, next you've got her personality. Oh, she's a "spitfire"! She's passionate about eating meat! She says what she wants! So? That makes her awesome inherently? Having a different personality makes her better? This is a similar argument I hear about the slightly more trash-tier girl Maribel. Since she's so different and unique, that must make her better. No, her differences and unique personality quirks are annoying so that makes her bad. We as a whole have gotten so used to flat personalities that we're willing to accept any sort of variation.

And if you can ignore all that and focus on gameplay?  Her utility is extremely worthless or non valuable. Do you really get that much use out of Rebellion/Revolution? How about single target Tarukaja? Before you say Dragon Hustle, how many boss fights can you use that to reasonable keep yourself buff during the entire fight? Most likely the Reaper but even then Auto buffs should be all you need. You also have two other people with the bufu element so her having it is completely worthless. Her survival is god-awful.  Her endurance is really low, I think somewhere near or below Yukiko levels during most of the game. Her physical skills up A LOT of her HP, more so than Kanji. The reason I bring up Kanji is because he has a really high endurance stat to compensate using physical skills. Yosuke has a very respectable endurance amount, more so than everyone else than Kanji, and you don't even notice because you barely use him for physical skills. Other physical fighters from other games have high a high endurance as well, Junpei, Shinjiro, Aigis, Ken being an exception but he's a healer. That's just a horrible combination to have a physical fighter with low endurance and skills that consume 1/4 OF HER HP IN ONE ATTACK!!  Her damage is piss poor. God hand uses up more HP than Primal Force, has a lower crit rate, AND a lower base damage! qqsqThe only use Chie has for the entire game is being a physical fighter pre black spot, being a decent enemy sweeper with Black Spot + Apt Pupil crit hax, and then just being second place to Kanji by the time she gets to 70(well she's better in the 3 levels she has God Hand's and he is still learning Primal Force). Her utility is poor, her survival is poor, she's just really worthless all around!

You son of #$*!.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It's time to wake up people. The top-tier waifu of Persona 4, Chie, is trash-tier. Yes, that's right. And I've got a good reason for why I feel this way.

Image result for chie

First of all, her design is hideous. In a genre of super-hot, super-big-boobed babes with great hair, she's got ... nothing.  Look at that hair... no body.  It's like someone just threw a mop on top of a bald basic character model.  And while other characters are popping buttons with their cleavage, Chie has long sleeves and her jacket has a turtle neck.  Her top wouldn't have been scandalous on a 1920s beach, let alone in this day and age of waifus & b(r)e(a)st girls.

Then, you've got her voice.  They totally killed that in P4G compared to P4.  Tracy Rooney did the original voice acting in P4 and made Chie sound like she was 25 and old enough to have a few kids and be sick of her first husband, but then they went and changed to Erin Fitzgerald in P4G.  Ick, they might has well have changed to the dead voice of F. Scott Fitzgerald!  New Chie sounds way too nasaly, not like she's a teenager, more like she's dying of respiratory damage caused by snorting too much coke or a mentally challenged kindergardener.

Okay, next you've got her personality. Oh, she's a "spitfire"! She's passionate about eating meat! She says what she wants! So? That makes her awesome inherently? Having a different personality makes her better? This is a similar argument I hear about the slightly more trash-tier girl Maribel. Since she's so different and unique, that must make her better. No, her differences and unique personality quirks are annoying so that makes her bad. We as a whole have gotten so used to flat personalities that we're willing to accept any sort of variation.

And if you can ignore all that and focus on gameplay?  Her utility is extremely worthless or non valuable. Do you really get that much use out of Rebellion/Revolution? How about single target Tarukaja? Before you say Dragon Hustle, how many boss fights can you use that to reasonable keep yourself buff during the entire fight? Most likely the Reaper but even then Auto buffs should be all you need. You also have two other people with the bufu element so her having it is completely worthless. Her survival is god-awful.  Her endurance is really low, I think somewhere near or below Yukiko levels during most of the game. Her physical skills up A LOT of her HP, more so than Kanji. The reason I bring up Kanji is because he has a really high endurance stat to compensate using physical skills. Yosuke has a very respectable endurance amount, more so than everyone else than Kanji, and you don't even notice because you barely use him for physical skills. Other physical fighters from other games have high a high endurance as well, Junpei, Shinjiro, Aigis, Ken being an exception but he's a healer. That's just a horrible combination to have a physical fighter with low endurance and skills that consume 1/4 OF HER HP IN ONE ATTACK!!  Her damage is piss poor. God hand uses up more HP than Primal Force, has a lower crit rate, AND a lower base damage! qqsqThe only use Chie has for the entire game is being a physical fighter pre black spot, being a decent enemy sweeper with Black Spot + Apt Pupil crit hax, and then just being second place to Kanji by the time she gets to 70(well she's better in the 3 levels she has God Hand's and he is still learning Primal Force). Her utility is poor, her survival is poor, she's just really worthless all around!

Whoa...this might be your most brutal "X sucks," topic yet! Such a savage side of eal we've never seen before.

Ah, this is the shadow, the true self. The waifu you always held dear was really just you projecting your feelings towards your mother, or some Freudian bullshit like that.

10 minutes ago, eal said:

You son of #$*!.

Welcome to the Den, we have an Introduction/Farewell thread to post in if you want to proqerly introduce yourself. Don't mind eal, this is just his usual style.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Ah, this is the shadow, the true self. The waifu you always held dear was really just you projecting your feelings towards your mother, or some Freudian bullshit like that.

Welcome to the Den, we have an Introduction/Farewell thread to post in if you want to proqerly introduce yourself. Don't mind eal, this is just his usual style.

The new guy must REALLY like the Wii U judging by that profile picture.

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The new guy must REALLY like the Wii U judging by that profile picture.

Such a shame that all the good games on it were ported to the Switch.

Also eal this is about the fourth time you've teased me with a potential hentai, haha, April Fools right?

“Nothing stings more then a knife in your back. Welcome to WatchMojo and today we’ll be counting down our picks for the top 10 anime betrayals.”

• Like 2

Go back to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

“Nothing stings more then a knife in your back. Welcome to WatchMojo and today we’ll be counting down our picks for the top 10 anime betrayals.”

Betraying your waifu is a tragic betrayal, I didn't think eal was the type a guy to just "hit it and quit it" if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Betraying your waifu is a tragic betrayal, I didn't think eal was the type a guy to just "hit it and quit it" if you know what I mean.

Of course he is. He once messaged me and told me that big girl from P4 was his real waifu. Hanako was her name I think. Said something about how she was the real deal since you can't Social Link with her.

Chie was just a cover, but I guess he couldn't keep up the lie anymore.

Woah, eal! At last, the truth has come out! I guess those other "X Sucks" topics were just warm up before you wrote the one that echoes your true feelings the closest?

So then, who is your actual favorite?

• Like 1

Woah, eal! At last, the truth has come out! I guess those other "X Sucks" topics were just warm up before you wrote the one that echoes your true feelings the closest?

You make me all ooie gooie

4 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

Psst, look at my post. He PM'd me his real favorite.

Of course he is. He once messaged me and told me that big girl from P4 was his real waifu. Hanako was her name I think. Said something about how she was the real deal since you can't Social Link with her.

Chie was just a cover, but I guess he couldn't keep up the lie anymore.

You portly pretend platinum pirate, I told you that in confidence!

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I can't believe Platty betrayed you eal. Guess everyone's a bit of a Judas. Except me of course.

I can't believe Platty betrayed you eal. Guess everyone's a bit of a Judas. Except me of course.
Et tu Drag King?

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wait, I wasn't supposed to say Hanako was your real favorite? Uh....oops?

Come on now, just embrace how you really feel about her and tell us! It will make you feel better.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Wait, I wasn't supposed to say Hanako was your real favorite? Uh....oops?
Come on now, just embrace how you really feel about her and tell us! It will make you feel better.
Shut up! I'm going to go do some bonus Easter pulls on Love Live! I've been saving up points like crazy for their aptly named Easter Egg pull.
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
15 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Et tu Drag King?

Yes, I also used Chie as a cover for my true Persona 4 waifu, but, eal, your sounding like Platty now eal, he's the only one who ever called me that. Though I guess I can't blame you what with my current profile picture. At least I know you'll never betray me by making an "X sucks" topic on my true Persona waifu.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Like 1

This is like a Black Mirror episode.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eal said:

And here we have our new member playing the part of the chorus on this Greek tragedy, The Sucks Cycle, where the Apollonian and Dionysian come together to justify and affirm life. Or some type of Nietzschean bullshit.

23 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

I had no idea I was supposed to keep it a secret, Drag King! I figured since he finally got his real thoughts on Chie off his chest it was okay to bring up the big girl.

Guess eal wasn't ready for that part yet...I'm sure this has hurt our Social Link.

Please keep Netflix discussions in the Netflix topic. I mean I know as Wii-U fan you're used to being different from the rest of us, but I mean... forum decorum.

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The top-tier waifu of Persona 4, Chie

It's cute you think she's top tier in a game with Yukiko and Naoto.