Sign in to follow this  
sounderfan84

DQ11 Skill panel

I'm reading up on DQ11 and could someone that played the japanese version explain me the skill panel?  Each character gets its own panel  Does each character get more than one panel that's specific to the character or just the one?

So my friend and I were at the gym the other day. We were both waiting to take turns on the stair climbing machines, but there were these two women that just wouldn't finish up, but it was OK because they were wearing those super tight pants, although my friend was giving me dirty looks for glancing at them, but hey I needed to make sure the second they finished we got the machines...

Long story short, we were wondering the same thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So my friend and I were at the gym the other day. We were both waiting to take turns on the stair climbing machines, but there were these two women that just wouldn't finish up, but it was OK because they were wearing those super tight pants, although my friend was giving me dirty looks for glancing at them, but hey I need to make sure the second they finished we got the machines...

So were you thinking of Maribel or Chie the whole time?

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

So my friend and I were at the gym the other day. We were both waiting to take turns on the stair climbing machines, but there were these two women that just wouldn't finish up, but it was OK because they were wearing those super tight pants, although my friend was giving me dirty looks for glancing at them, but hey I needed to make sure the second they finished we got the machines...

You too?

Wash your mouth out with soap!

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maribel I get but I thought you loved Chie eal?

1 minute ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Maribel I get but I thought you loved Chie eal?

Not anymore by the looks of it. He went full on savage!

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37748-chie-sucks/

15 hours ago, sounderfan84 said:

Each character gets its own panel  Does each character get more than one panel that's specific to the character or just the one?

Each character has just one set of panels divided up by their skill sets (i.e. Sword, Courage, Sex Appeal). Some characters' panels change over the course of the game, but they don't get an entirely new board.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 1:09 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 4/1/2018 at 6:34 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I was more thinking along the lines of Jessica or Bianca

...and thanks for finally answering the question, Psi :laugh:

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 10:34 PM, sounderfan84 said:

I'm reading up on DQ11 and could someone that played the japanese version explain me the skill panel?  Each character gets its own panel  Does each character get more than one panel that's specific to the character or just the one?

There are panels for weapons (each character has two they can use, and these overlap sometimes) and then panels for abilities (this also overlaps sometimes, like black or white magic), and then each character has at least one (I think two) sections that are specific to them. I hope that makes sense. :)

1 hour ago, Michi said:

There are panels for weapons (each character has two they can use, and these overlap sometimes) and then panels for abilities (this also overlaps sometimes, like black or white magic), and then each character has at least one (I think two) sections that are specific to them. I hope that makes sense. :)

Here is what my panel for Martina (forget what her localized name will be) looks like currently, bottom left is claws, bottom right is spears, not quite sure what the other two translate as, maybe Michi can clear that up. :)

The ? blocks have to have a certain number of skills around it unlocked before you can "break them free"

Martina Skill Panel.png

After reading Michi's post, it seems I grossly misinterpreted the original question. Sorry about that.

4 hours ago, Woodus said:

Here is what my panel for Martina (forget what her localized name will be) looks like currently, bottom left is claws, bottom right is spears, not quite sure what the other two translate as, maybe Michi can clear that up.

I always assumed the top left was Sex Appeal or something similar. Got a few guesses for the top right, but they're like a lot of things I did in this game - guesses.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, Woodus said:

Here is what my panel for Martina (forget what her localized name will be) looks like currently, bottom left is claws, bottom right is spears, not quite sure what the other two translate as, maybe Michi can clear that up. :)

Her other two sections translate to her brawling skills and sex appeal, the latter being puff-puff and the like. You were correct, Psi!

• Like 1

Thats what the skill tree looks like? its one of those hexagon grids. 

6 hours ago, david said:

Thats what the skill tree looks like? its one of those hexagon grids. 

Each skill tree looks different depending on the character.

You can also work on your skill tree in a text only version that looks more like previous games, but I think the hex grid is super fun to look at and work with. :)

• Like 1

It looks cheap,like a mobile game. or maybe a musou type game.which is ok in one of those games like Heroes.

It looks cheap,like a mobile game. or maybe a musou type game.which is ok in one of those games like Heroes.
Sorry you don't like DQXI. Which DQ games do you like?

I didn't say i dont like DQXI. Just that skill tree looks cheap. 

I didn't say i dont like DQXI. Just that skill tree looks cheap. 
Sorry, Mr. Sunshine.

I'm around level 35 and from what I can see, it's pretty easy to unlock the full panels. Maybe the get expensive later, and yes, every character has its own panel, and some have some very unique patrons and figures.

• Like 1