Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #178 - Pre-Order & Buy DQXI for the West

3 hours ago, eal said:

Oh wow some games from Strictly Limited too. Not a lot of people are familiar with the more obscure Limited Run-esque companies. I know a lot of people have been falling off LRG lately since they’ve been releasing so many games lately and not all of them are big blockbusters.

I have a couple of their Vita releases. I even splurged and got their collectors editions of Cosmic Star Heroine a few months back and Senran Kagura Bon Appetit just recently.

I catalogue everything. This is my thread on Playstation Age : http://playstationage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=99&threadid=173107

I also am working on keeping this updated too : http://playstationage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=98&threadid=174578

3 hours ago, Soera said:

I catalogue everything. This is my thread on Playstation Age : http://playstationage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=99&threadid=173107

I also am working on keeping this updated too : http://playstationage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=98&threadid=174578

So what made you want to collect for the PS4 specifically?

20180906_214303.jpg

will this work i got in the mail today

Edited by KibaTheBarbarian

9 hours ago, eal said:

So what made you want to collect for the PS4 specifically?

Ive been a PlayStation fan since day one of the PS1. But the PS4 drew me in more than any other console ever. Greatest console ever no question.

4 hours ago, Soera said:

Ive been a PlayStation fan since day one of the PS1. But the PS4 drew me in more than any other console ever. Greatest console ever no question.

The PS4 came at an interesting time. In the PS2 era, there were all these big franchises that started to take off that, for one reason or another, didn’t continue into the PS3. There were a number of games that had the worst versions of themselves come out last gen and some of the big JRPG franchises skipped it entirely. Any games that had value on the PS3 have been ported to PS4. 

04F65013-5FCE-474C-A4C6-F2CD445F2FFC.thumb.jpeg.5bb2a836c2bfd18f5db30bff4a03d77f.jpeg

Been away from the Den for a while, good to be back! Missed the pre-order one, but I’ll grab the second badge. ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

04F65013-5FCE-474C-A4C6-F2CD445F2FFC.thumb.jpeg.5bb2a836c2bfd18f5db30bff4a03d77f.jpeg

Been away from the Den for a while, good to be back! Missed the pre-order one, but I’ll grab the second badge. ;)

Well here’s a sight for sore eyes. Seems like forever since we last saw you, gooie. Welcome back.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well here’s a sight for sore eyes. Seems like forever since we last saw you, gooie. Welcome back.

Thanks! :)

Here to get the second badge, I have been away for a few days if you know what I mean.

dq.png

Now that people who has the "soft bundle" in their order have been getting the games, do you care to share what was in your softie? :)

On 9/6/2018 at 1:16 PM, Soera said:

I collect PS4 in general. Im over 800 titles, over 30 controllers about about to hit 20 consoles

Holy crap that's gotta cost a lot of money, and in such a short time as well. Do 800 titles even exist for PS4?!!?

On 9/7/2018 at 1:17 PM, Soera said:

Greatest console ever no question.

I'm really curious, why do you think so? Is it the game library, or the console itself?

I'm having a seriously hard time relating to any console by itself over the past few generations. There's no unique charm to the PS4, it's just "the main platform", being the most popular console right now, so it's the one that get almost all the games, which is the sole reason that I own it.

The console itself has a really nice design, but it's absolutely huge and clunky, and as with any console since PS3/X360, it's entirely focused on a PC like design with a bothersome dashboard with all kinds of community features, and like the PS3 both it and its games need to constantly update, and the patches are all absurdly huge because they just package most of the game and release it as an "update" (as opposed to X360 where most patches were between 2-50 MB). I think using most modern consoles is a bother, and to me it's simply a necessary evil to be able to play the games that I want.

The actual advantage of using a consoles over a PC for video games is getting increasingly small. The only way I'll actively like a console is if it just boots up the game I want to play, but on PS4 everything needs to install, load, and so on. I hated the first PS1 because it introduced load times to console games, and nothing has changed since.

Edited by Sumez

On 9/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, eal said:

The PS4 came at an interesting time. In the PS2 era, there were all these big franchises that started to take off that, for one reason or another, didn’t continue into the PS3. There were a number of games that had the worst versions of themselves come out last gen and some of the big JRPG franchises skipped it entirely. Any games that had value on the PS3 have been ported to PS4. 

Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Arkham Asylum, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Deadly Premonition, Sonic Generations, and Gran Turismo 5 all want a talk with you :3

(seriously though, it's probably only a question of time. "remasters" seems to be any publishers favourite pasttime at the moment)

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Arkham Asylum, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Deadly Premonition, Sonic Generations, and Gran Turismo 5 all want a talk with you :3

(seriously though, it's probably only a question of time. "remasters" seems to be any publishers favourite pasttime at the moment)

I look at my PS3 collection, and the only games I have that haven’t been ported yet are the Persona 4 Arena games, Ni no Kuni, The Simpsons Game, and Arkham Origins (which is arguably the worst received one in the franchise).

(Also, Arkham Asylum has a PS4 port)

4 hours ago, Sumez said:

The only games I have any interest still on the PS3 is Ni no Kuni, Kingdoms of Amalur, and 3D dot heroes. After that, I have no interest in my 3.

Off Topic:

I think that my favorite console was the NES, as a child, it really was an awesome system that everyone had and there were tons of great games for it.  If we are talking about modern game consoles though, I have to say that the Xbox 360 was an amazing system especially when they finally revised the hardware to the slim version to include wifi and fix the RROD.  It's online functionalty and community rivaled that of the PC , and Achievements were like crack! 

On Topic:

I want my badge! :P

A quick snapshot was all I could manage this morning

image.png.159379a26100f318a67dc237aba812d8.png

Here's mine2bb89dfd7cef7c8064f94bd0009c004e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is mine, with the Japanese copy as well, insert localized and twinsie style ;)

brag2.png

brag1.png

• Like 1

Interesting at how they gave us the JP Box art, but it's a little zoomed out from the JP version, otherwise it's exactly the same.

This is probably the first game I've ever thought the North American box art was actually better than the Japanese box art in a totally unironic way. Like that art is really good. I seriously hope it makes it onto the Switch version's cover. Who knows if it will though. DQ Builder's art isn't the same as the PS4/Vita version's.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Had the day off, so I bought it.

G0c6EaX.jpg

I know I said (and still am) mad about what happened with the Square Enix store, but I decided to buy the game now because:

1) I want to support the people who made the game, especially Yuji Horii.

2) Seeing everyone else playing and talking about it made me want to play it all the more sooner.

3) It’s Dragon Quest.

• Like 1

G0c6EaX.jpg&key=7d1a7d427c0bd4f31353d264e3febf38ea05f0b4ab4cf7983fbbadf1edcf12e5
I know I said (and still am) mad about what happened with the Square Enix store, but I decided to buy the game now because:
2) Seeing everyone else playing and talking about it made me want to play it all the more sooner.
3) It’s Dragon Quest.
For 1/4 the price you could've bought the entire Hyperdimension Neptunia trilogy on Vita. I guess... priorities.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
52 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
G0c6EaX.jpg&key=7d1a7d427c0bd4f31353d264e3febf38ea05f0b4ab4cf7983fbbadf1edcf12e5
3) It’s Dragon Quest.

For 1/4 the price you could've bought the entire Hyperdimension Neptunia trilogy on Vita. I guess... priorities.

Trilogy? My god, if only.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Trilogy

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 11.49.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-11 at 11.49.46 AM.png

The ReBirth trilogy. There are like a dozen Hyperdimension games total

73EB64BF-5C11-4934-AD1C-5A80A7AD09FB.thumb.png.27f02a37c09bd20d965d328b71eb5d99.png