Jump to content

Quest #178 - Pre-Order & Buy DQXI for the West


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

What's the advantage of preordering at a physical store? Some times webshops will send out copies in advance so that they calculate you'll have the game on the release date, but couldn't you just go to GameStop on the day and pick up a copy either way?

No shipping. And GameStop at least let’s you pay in installments. My P4D pre-order was payed $60 when I placed it, the remaining $20 when it arrived. And sometimes brick and mortar stores won’t even stock the game otherwise, depending on how niche it is, and they definitely wouldn’t likely have any special editions on hand unless you specifically pre-ordered it there.

Of course, for me, since I’ve got Amazon Prime, this doesn’t matter to me. 20% pre-orders and free shipping. But for people that can’t afford it or don’t want it, pre-ordering from a store can be good.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm past that point, so it's no issue for me, but I'd say there's a pretty big spoiler in that screenshot that you might want to hide behind a tag

At this point no more preorder proofs are being accepted.  Congratulations to the people below.  Remember you need to post proof you actually went ahead and bought the game. Preorder proof is differen

Tell them to send me one too since they f’ed up my order and had terrible customer service throughout the whole thing.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Sumez said:

What's the advantage of preordering at a physical store? Some times webshops will send out copies in advance so that they calculate you'll have the game on the release date, but couldn't you just go to GameStop on the day and pick up a copy either way?

I typically do pre-orders from amazon, cause I've got prime and I get 20 percent off and such.

 

However, I'm REALLY excited for this release so I want first dibs on all possible pre-order bonuses and I want to avoid any shipping issues or delays (not that I've every had any with Prime).

 

I'm going as far as taking extra days off work for the release of this game, so I really don't want anything screwing it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

I typically do pre-orders from amazon, cause I've got prime and I get 20 percent off and such.

 

However, I'm REALLY excited for this release so I want first dibs on all possible pre-order bonuses and I want to avoid any shipping issues or delays (not that I've every had any with Prime).

 

I'm going as far as taking extra days off work for the release of this game, so I really don't want anything screwing it up.

You’re already SOL on pre-order bonuses. The DQ XI theme is exclusive to ordering it on PSN or something. So that means if you order from, say, SE’s online store for the CE you’re probably not gonna get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eal said:

You’re already SOL on pre-order bonuses. The DQ XI theme is exclusive to ordering it on PSN or something. So that means if you order from, say, SE’s online store for the CE you’re probably not gonna get it.

Yeah. I'm not getting my hopes up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely a game I'd take a day off of work to enjoy, but my pool of days off begins with the school year and I'd hate to burn one 2 weeks in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still kind of waiting to see what the SE preorder vs the PSN preorder encompasses, though I will probably end up ordering from Amazon in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 9:57 PM, Woodus said:

I'm still kind of waiting to see what the SE preorder vs the PSN preorder encompasses, though I will probably end up ordering from Amazon in the end.

Did you get this email from Amazon today?  Apparently they'll have some pre-order bonus, although this seems really quite minor.

unnamed.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah @Plattym3, looks like Gamestop and Amazon have details now.

 

Amazon: to receive an exclusive in-game DLC pack featuring the equippable item Arriviste's Vest (get extra gold every battle!) and 3x Seeds of Skill!

GameStop: to get 8 collectible 2" buttons featuring the heroes of #DQXI and the mysterious spirits of lost time! You'll also get the in-game exclusive DLC with the Elevating Vest, giving you extra experience points every battle, and 3x Seeds of Skill.

Digital:: DRAGON QUEST XI: THE LEGEND REBORN THEME Pre-order the digital version of DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age to receive an exclusive theme, Seed of Skill x 15, Über Agate of Evolution x 3 and the Vest for Success.

 

Amazon Bonus.jpgGamestop Bonus.jpg

 

PSN Digital Preorder Bonus.png

Edited by Woodus
Link to post
Share on other sites

Of those three I'd take the Ganestop one. But I'm waiting to see what the collectors edition will have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm OK with the gold vest over the EXP vest as I'd rather hunt metals and get everyone EXP at the same time (assuming the vest only works for 1 person - although that's a big assumption), but despite me having zero desire to go digital here, that sounds like the best deal. I wonder what that vest does! And I wonder if I can buy them for $2 DLC? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All those stupid DLC things make me want to not preorder the game. Give me some physical swag.

Well, at least they are not extorting us for some kind of interesting additions to the game. I'd rather play without "cheat items".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the official email that just came out from SE about the preorder bonuses.

I'm going to stick with my Amazon preorder for now (~$12 off isn't too bad now on prime). Will see what the Collectors Edition has and see if it changes my mind (or I order that as well and keep one game sealed).

Official Email from SE about Preorder Bonuses.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woodus said:

Here is the official email that just came out from SE about the preorder bonuses.

I'm going to stick with my Amazon preorder for now (~$12 off isn't too bad now on prime). Will see what the Collectors Edition has and see if it changes my mind (or I order that as well and keep one game sealed).

Official Email from SE about Preorder Bonuses.jpg

If you plan on getting two copies anyways, you could get the Collector’s Edition, pre-order the GameStop version to get the buttons (and I think they’re trying to imitate the Prime pre-order percentage off, I saw a sign advertising something like that in a store, so it would be the same as ordering from Amazon) for yourself, and give away the extra copy for a contest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm the only one here excited about the STEAM release- but if you pre-order it through steam you get a Steam wallpaper set for your profile, 15x seed of skills, wings of serendipity.

 

 

dq11.PNG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Went ahead and pre-ordered on Amazon last week, and the Illustrations book :)

XI Preorder Blurred.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Don’t include me in the pre-order bunch.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, redneckpride4ever said:

Just ordered the big bundle! HELL YEAH!

mypreorder.png

Guess we need to start chanting “3 of us, 3 of us!”

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 of us, 4 of us.

 

 

dqxipo.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...