Jump to content

Quest #178 - Pre-Order & Buy DQXI for the West


Recommended Posts

Hey there Legendary Heroes of .... well, wherever you're from!
 

DQXI is available for preorder for PS4 & Steam!!

This is going to be a 2 part Quest. Get yourself 2 shiny badges for #1 preordering Dragon Quest XI and #2 actually purchasing Dragon Quest XI.  You'll get one badge now when you preorder and one badge later this year when you show us you actually bought it!!

The first part, preordering Dragon Quest XI, starts now and runs through the day before the release date (Sept. 3, 2018).

After that date, this topic will stay open and the opportunity for a the B badge will be there for a couple months.  I anticipate doing a badge round-up about once a month.  So, if you've posted proof, wait a bit for your badge.  We'll get you!

If you're ordering from Amazon anyway, help support the Den:

https://amzn.to/2Icahnt


What you need as proof for preorder:
1. A picture of a printed receipt from GameStop or your favorite brick & mortar retailer with the date you preordered it and your username clearly shown. Your username must be written on something, not digitally added after the picture.
2. A picture of your screen or email showing that you preordered it online. Again, put your username on a sticky note to show us YOU purchased it. You can blur out any personal info if you'd like. 

 

What you need as proof for purchase:
1. A picture of the physical copy of the game with some sort of proof it's yours (like a sticky note with your Den name on it). Or if it's a download, show the screen on your Switch with your Den username somewhere on it (or as your character name).


Clear? I hope so. Just post them here to earn your badges and we'll let you know if it's not enough proof! 

Topic changes from accepting preorder pictures to showing purchase pictures on the release date of September 4, 2018.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm past that point, so it's no issue for me, but I'd say there's a pretty big spoiler in that screenshot that you might want to hide behind a tag

At this point no more preorder proofs are being accepted.  Congratulations to the people below.  Remember you need to post proof you actually went ahead and bought the game. Preorder proof is differen

Tell them to send me one too since they f’ed up my order and had terrible customer service throughout the whole thing.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eal said:

Who else is holding off until they get a look at that Collector’s Edition?

Please tell me more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, redneckpride4ever said:

Please tell me more.

There's going to be a PS4 CE exclusive to the SE Store, but more info is coming soon.

We don't know the contents, price, etc.

Only thing we do know is the shipping will be expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eal said:

Who else is holding off until they get a look at that Collector’s Edition?

Normally I'd say yes but I have shelves full of CE junk that are just collecting dust. I don't need anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Madesagora said:

Normally I'd say yes but I have shelves full of CE junk that are just collecting dust. I don't need anymore.

That’s why I go for only Collector’s Editions I care about. P4 Dancing All Night and P5 are the only two games I got Collector’s Editions for. I have a few others, but they’re things Atlus just kind of automatically includes when you buy first print runs of their games.

33 minutes ago, Tiael said:

Only thing we do know is the shipping will be expensive.

Do we though?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is the SE Store, you'll be paying at least $8 for the longest shipping, and $20 or more for the quickest.

More for Canada.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's only available from the Squeenix store, then probably not.

If Gamestop has some sort of special edition, I'll probably pre-order it. Any games I really care about getting on day one, I usually pre-order from Gamestop to avoid any potential shipping issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

If it's only available from the Squeenix store, then probably not.

If Gamestop has some sort of special edition, I'll probably pre-order it. Any games I really care about getting on day one, I usually pre-order from Gamestop to avoid any potential shipping issues.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

If it's only available from the Squeenix store, then probably not.

If Gamestop has some sort of special edition, I'll probably pre-order it. Any games I really care about getting on day one, I usually pre-order from Gamestop to avoid any potential shipping issues.

Ironic considering the first time I ordered from them I had shipping issues.

I say “first time” because, to be fair, I placed an order and they got it to me faster then expected.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eal said:

Ironic considering the first time I ordered from them I had shipping issues.

I say “first time” because, to be fair, I placed an order and they got it to me faster then expected.

Yeah.

What I meant was, I will actually go into the store and pre-order it for a release-day pick-up. I wont be getting it shipped at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah.

What I meant was, I will actually go into the store and pre-order it for a release-day pick-up. I wont be getting it shipped at all.

I did that once before. The guy made sure I knew the pre-order for the expensive Collector's Edition was for a Vita game, as if I wouldn't already know this before I decided to invest $80 on it. I've got bad GameStop stories for days!

I must've told this P4D story like a billion times by now, but it's still funny/tragic to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eal said:

I did that once before. The guy made sure I knew the pre-order for the expensive Collector's Edition was for a Vita game, as if I wouldn't already know this before I decided to invest $80 on it. I've got bad GameStop stories for days!

I must've told this P4D story like a billion times by now, but it's still funny/tragic to me.

Yeah. I've heard tons of Gamestop horror stories, but I don't have many other options in my city.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The GameStop employee gave a a very weird time when I preordered Omega Labyrinth Z today. Young girl with big boobs and she kept informing me how it'd been banned in Germany and the UK and how sexist it was. And then the lecture about how the Vita is a dying system. Tedious!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The GameStop employee gave a a very weird time when I preordered Omega Labyrinth Z today. Young girl with big boobs and she kept informing me how it'd been banned in Germany and the UK and how sexist it was. And then the lecture about how the Vita is a dying system. Tedious!

You know, I told my wife about Omega Labyrinth Z after that Europe controversy popped up, and you know what? She said she wanted it! I think it being banned somewhere made her want the game all that much more!

Hopefully she doesn't take my Vita from for too long when she finally gets the game. I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
You know, I told my wife about Omega Labyrinth Z after that Europe controversy popped up, and you know what? She said she wanted it! I think it being banned somewhere made her want the game all that much more!
Hopefully she doesn't take my Vita from for too long when she finally gets the game. I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!
Didn't you get a 2nd Vita anyway? You can both play! When it comes to Omega Labyrinth Z, playing with pairs is pretty much a given.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!

“Quit hogging it! You said it was my turn when you died next!”

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The GameStop employee gave a a very weird time when I preordered Omega Labyrinth Z today. Young girl with big boobs and she kept informing me how it'd been banned in Germany and the UK and how sexist it was. And then the lecture about how the Vita is a dying system. Tedious!

Doesn't sound like she is in favor of the company having your money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Doesn't sound like she is in favor of the company having your money.

I bet my wife could convince her to take my money. Mrs. Plattym totally wants Omega Labyrinth Z!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, €60 for preordering at the Square Enix store? I might consider paying that much for a collector's edition if it's really nice, but the regular retail? Hoping somewhere else gets it cheaper.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the advantage of preordering at a physical store? Some times webshops will send out copies in advance so that they calculate you'll have the game on the release date, but couldn't you just go to GameStop on the day and pick up a copy either way?

Edited by Sumez
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...