Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #178 - Pre-Order & Buy DQXI for the West

Hey there Legendary Heroes of .... well, wherever you're from!

DQXI is available for preorder for PS4 & Steam!!

This is going to be a 2 part Quest. Get yourself 2 shiny badges for #1 preordering Dragon Quest XI and #2 actually purchasing Dragon Quest XI.  You'll get one badge now when you preorder and one badge later this year when you show us you actually bought it!!

The first part, preordering Dragon Quest XI, starts now and runs through the day before the release date (Sept. 3, 2018).

After that date, this topic will stay open and the opportunity for a the B badge will be there for a couple months.  I anticipate doing a badge round-up about once a month.  So, if you've posted proof, wait a bit for your badge.  We'll get you!

If you're ordering from Amazon anyway, help support the Den:

https://amzn.to/2Icahnt

What you need as proof for preorder:
1. A picture of a printed receipt from GameStop or your favorite brick & mortar retailer with the date you preordered it and your username clearly shown. Your username must be written on something, not digitally added after the picture.
2. A picture of your screen or email showing that you preordered it online. Again, put your username on a sticky note to show us YOU purchased it. You can blur out any personal info if you'd like. 

What you need as proof for purchase:
1. A picture of the physical copy of the game with some sort of proof it's yours (like a sticky note with your Den name on it). Or if it's a download, show the screen on your Switch with your Den username somewhere on it (or as your character name).

Clear? I hope so. Just post them here to earn your badges and we'll let you know if it's not enough proof! 

Topic changes from accepting preorder pictures to showing purchase pictures on the release date of September 4, 2018.  

Who else is holding off until they get a look at that Collector’s Edition?

1 hour ago, eal said:

Please tell me more.

27 minutes ago, redneckpride4ever said:

Please tell me more.

There's going to be a PS4 CE exclusive to the SE Store, but more info is coming soon.

We don't know the contents, price, etc.

Only thing we do know is the shipping will be expensive.

2 hours ago, eal said:

Normally I'd say yes but I have shelves full of CE junk that are just collecting dust. I don't need anymore.

19 minutes ago, Madesagora said:

Normally I'd say yes but I have shelves full of CE junk that are just collecting dust. I don't need anymore.

That’s why I go for only Collector’s Editions I care about. P4 Dancing All Night and P5 are the only two games I got Collector’s Editions for. I have a few others, but they’re things Atlus just kind of automatically includes when you buy first print runs of their games.

33 minutes ago, Tiael said:

Only thing we do know is the shipping will be expensive.

Do we though?

It is the SE Store, you'll be paying at least $8 for the longest shipping, and $20 or more for the quickest.

More for Canada.

• Like 1

If it's only available from the Squeenix store, then probably not.

If Gamestop has some sort of special edition, I'll probably pre-order it. Any games I really care about getting on day one, I usually pre-order from Gamestop to avoid any potential shipping issues.

September cannot come soon enough. 

prepurchase.PNG

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

If Gamestop has some sort of special edition, I'll probably pre-order it. Any games I really care about getting on day one, I usually pre-order from Gamestop to avoid any potential shipping issues.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

5 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Ironic considering the first time I ordered from them I had shipping issues.

I say “first time” because, to be fair, I placed an order and they got it to me faster then expected.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eal said:

Ironic considering the first time I ordered from them I had shipping issues.

I say “first time” because, to be fair, I placed an order and they got it to me faster then expected.

Yeah.

What I meant was, I will actually go into the store and pre-order it for a release-day pick-up. I wont be getting it shipped at all.

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah.

What I meant was, I will actually go into the store and pre-order it for a release-day pick-up. I wont be getting it shipped at all.

I did that once before. The guy made sure I knew the pre-order for the expensive Collector's Edition was for a Vita game, as if I wouldn't already know this before I decided to invest $80 on it. I've got bad GameStop stories for days!

I must've told this P4D story like a billion times by now, but it's still funny/tragic to me.

6 hours ago, eal said:

I did that once before. The guy made sure I knew the pre-order for the expensive Collector's Edition was for a Vita game, as if I wouldn't already know this before I decided to invest $80 on it. I've got bad GameStop stories for days!

I must've told this P4D story like a billion times by now, but it's still funny/tragic to me.

Yeah. I've heard tons of Gamestop horror stories, but I don't have many other options in my city.

The GameStop employee gave a a very weird time when I preordered Omega Labyrinth Z today. Young girl with big boobs and she kept informing me how it'd been banned in Germany and the UK and how sexist it was. And then the lecture about how the Vita is a dying system. Tedious!

5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The GameStop employee gave a a very weird time when I preordered Omega Labyrinth Z today. Young girl with big boobs and she kept informing me how it'd been banned in Germany and the UK and how sexist it was. And then the lecture about how the Vita is a dying system. Tedious!

You know, I told my wife about Omega Labyrinth Z after that Europe controversy popped up, and you know what? She said she wanted it! I think it being banned somewhere made her want the game all that much more!

Hopefully she doesn't take my Vita from for too long when she finally gets the game. I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!

You know, I told my wife about Omega Labyrinth Z after that Europe controversy popped up, and you know what? She said she wanted it! I think it being banned somewhere made her want the game all that much more!
Hopefully she doesn't take my Vita from for too long when she finally gets the game. I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!
Didn't you get a 2nd Vita anyway? You can both play! When it comes to Omega Labyrinth Z, playing with pairs is pretty much a given.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I can only imagine what Plattym4 would ask if he saw his mom playing that!

“Quit hogging it! You said it was my turn when you died next!”

15 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Doesn't sound like she is in favor of the company having your money.

54 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Doesn't sound like she is in favor of the company having your money.

I bet my wife could convince her to take my money. Mrs. Plattym totally wants Omega Labyrinth Z!

Man, €60 for preordering at the Square Enix store? I might consider paying that much for a collector's edition if it's really nice, but the regular retail? Hoping somewhere else gets it cheaper.

• Like 1

I wonder what the spec requirements will be for PC... I don't really have a current PC, but if my work laptop would suffice.... I might go that route.

Dropped five bucks on a pre-order at Gamestop. The employee said she expects a pre-order bonus, though she doesn't know what it is.

What's the advantage of preordering at a physical store? Some times webshops will send out copies in advance so that they calculate you'll have the game on the release date, but couldn't you just go to GameStop on the day and pick up a copy either way?

Edited by Sumez