Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Quest #177 - Successfully Suppose Switch Release & Type

Switch Questions:  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easy enough: Guess when the Switch version of DQXI will be released in the United States: you get 3 guesses!

Also, guess which version it'll take after: you get 1 guess.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/28/dragon-quest-11-ps4-and-pc-release-date-announced-switch-coming-much-later-no-3ds-version

I'll leave this open for 10 days.

Man, without a 3DS version, I want it to to look like the 3DS version, but I expect it'll be similar to the western PS4 version, powered down a bit.  I'd love a new experience though.

I feel good about.. August.  Some August.

28 minutes ago, The Mystical One said:

Man, without a 3DS version, I want it to to look like the 3DS version, but I expect it'll be similar to the western PS4 version, powered down a bit.  I'd love a new experience though.

Completely agree.  I really really wanted the 3DS version, so I hope we end up with its type, but wouldn't bet on it.

I'm only saying a new experience meaning it'll have the PS4 graphics with fresh content- basically a hybrid of the other 2. I guessed April since it might be a Spring is here type of thing. And my wife's birthday is 4/25, meaning last year when DQH2 came out she was all sorts of happy on release day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redneckpride4ever said:

I'm only saying a new experience meaning it'll have the PS4 graphics with fresh content- basically a hybrid of the other 2. I guessed April since it might be a Spring is here type of thing. And my wife's birthday is 4/25, meaning last year when DQH2 came out she was all sorts of happy on release day.

Awesome, my mum and sis are also in April.  Would be a decent release date, but it depends on when the Japanese release is, and they've indicated it could take it beyond at least early 2019 (late 2018 fiscal year).  My actual thought is September, same release day, but that might be too long if they manage to finish the switch early.

I'm on the same page as you in that I think we'll see the degraded PS4 graphics, with at least the 2D mode, and I hope the 3DS 3D mode (given cartridges this is possible due to encryption and speed of loading), and I really really really hope the mini-quest exclusive to the 3DS.  I want to visit the older game worlds.  Oh, and likely some extra content exclusive to the Switch...who knows, maybe it'll get a reappearance of the Legacy boss system, or something really cool like a monster arena?  Please no best dressed contest...please no.

Edited by ignasia
  • Upvote 1

I thought my mom, dad, and I all being early January birthdays was bad... until 2 years ago.
The extended family now has 4 in a 10-day span coming in April: sister, wife, mother-in-law, & Plattym5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I thought my mom, dad, and I all being early January birthdays was bad... until 2 years ago.
The extended family now has 4 in a 10-day span coming in April: sister, wife, mother-in-law, & Plattym5.

On January 19th 2013 I planned on getting lit up on beer for my birthday. My pregnant wife begged me not to just in case she went into labor. "C'mon, your due date's 9 days later." Well, she finally got me convinced to behave.

On Jan. 20th at 8 AM or so, she woke me up to say "My water just broke." And by the late afternoon my son was pushed out.

The moral of the story- get cocked on your birthday and conceive your kids that night. Unless a birth will interfere with a New Year's party, or the World Series (if the Yankees are in), or Wrestlemania, etc. Then plan accordingly.

I'm going to guess that the Switch version of DQXI will come in Fall 2019, because we have no news on the Japanese version so far.  It'll most likely be a port of the PS4 version, I can't see them doing an upres version of the 3DS version as much as that would be nice.  Fanboys would complain about the graphics being bad.