Sign in to follow this  
rtlyons

Questions

Been searching the ol google for these answers and haven't had luck

Does the game have grottos (like 9 did)?

Is the alchemy system like 9s or more like 8s?

I was able to learn that there isn't a job system, I was kind of hoping that the game would be more like an incredibly beautiful improved version of 9 (9 was my favorite of the series so far), but it seems more akin to 8 (which was also very good). It's just that for me 9 had MASSIVE appeal with the whole leveling system, and delving into grottos trying to get better and better maps for better treasures/ingrediants to alchemize with, and farming the bosses trying to get all the loots.... damn i want them to remake that game in HD on consoles/pc....

I'm happy it isn't like 9. That game let me down hard on all fronts. Especially with regards to grottoes being the equivalent to post-game. XI, from what I remember hearing, has an actual post-game to enjoy. 

No grottos.

Smithing is a bit different from VIII or IX's alchemy, and is basically just refining the resulting item using various abilities. If you succeed, the item comes out better than expected, but failure doesn't seem to affect the base quality of the item.