First English Gameplay of Dragon Quest XI

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Baby Hero, Moses, yes.

Don't forget, the hero's one true name is MoptopMo.

That aside, do you still hate the hero's hairstyle?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Don't forget, the hero's one true name is MoptopMo.
That aside, do you still hate the hero's hairstyle?
If that haircut was a person, he'd be named:

Buttcut Nobody McStraighterson

They also released the opening movie on the Dragon Quest youtube page, and both IGN and Playstation have the "beginning" video showcased in the first page.

So it looks like SE is attempting to get more attention to the series, hopefully we'll see a lot more, plus I am liking that they're aiming for other discussions and Horii is doing interviews.

Here's a video detailing the new features of the western version of Dragon Quest XI.

49 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Here's a video detailing the new features of the western version of Dragon Quest XI.

I see no video.

Hmmm...Interesting! :thumbsup:One of the new feature for the western release is a new hard mode for experienced players! This peaked my interest so. If it is a fun challenge like DQ 6( and not like DQ 8 memory lane), then it can be a fun time:laugh:!

(Also...without spoilers...does anyone know how difficult the original version of XI was?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restlessknight14 said:

Hmmm...Interesting! :thumbsup:One of the new feature for the western release is a new hard mode for experienced players! This peaked my interest so. If it is a fun challenge like DQ 6( and not like DQ 8 memory lane), then it can be a fun time:laugh:!

(Also...without spoilers...does anyone know how difficult the original version of XI was?)

Pretty much everyone I saw who spoke on the difficulty said it was easy, especially compared to older DQ titles.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Restlessknight14 said:

If there is something like that difficulty wise (regardless of difficulty level chosen at the start of the game) leave it for post game like Memories Lane was.

Personally I enjoyed the challenge of Memories Lane, but I'm also used to playing hard RPGs where team composition is really important. I mean, once I realized how useful the likes of Defending Champion and Poison Knife were while there, totally made me rethink how to do battle in a DQ game.

I'm all on board for a Hard Mode from the get go.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, i know. Memory lanes was a pleasant experience to finish but some of the bosses got a bit out of hand with some of the attacks (evil jessica for one). However, like Yangus, i do enjoy how memory lane gave importance to team composition; it really gave the characters a chance to shine (in my case it was yangus, red and morrie). Also...praise dance of life and morrie's boomerang skills! :thumbsup:

Really happy about Hard Mode - when DQ games get too easy, I've found that it really ruins my experience of them, with the DS/3DS remakes of DQ5 and 7 being the biggest offenders. I really love the sense of threat as you move about in the world, and I love having to stop and think about my strategies and party build before I'm able to conquer a boss fight.

The voice acting sounds solid too. I could have done without it, and normally I really dislike English dubs for Japanese games, but since there isn't an original Japanese track, and considering what a good job they did with DQ8, I'm positive for this one.

Don't know what to think of the English names. For most of them, I really don't care what they call them. But Erik? Maybe it's because I'm Danish, but that name is so mundane. It's my dad's name for chrissake. Camus was really cool, and since they have voice acting, they probably won't include a way to rename characters.

Everything else aside, I'm disappointed we don't get the orchestral soundtrack. Just watching that video, the synthetic sounds of the music really kills it for me.