Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI Version(s) Poll

Which version(s) of Dragon Quest XI will you get?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since Square Enix announced today Dragon Quest XI will be released on 4 September 2018 on the PlayStation 4 & Steam, and on the Nintendo Switch at a much later date, I'm curious to know which version(s) of Dragon Quest XI will you get.

Steam?? Do you have a link to the announcement?

Steam?? Do you have a link to the announcement?

I'll be the one to #$*! immediately that we're not getting 3DS. Screw Squeenix.

That said, I finish my masters degree 11 days before release. Happy graduation gift to me.

• Like 1

I'll be the one to #$*! immediately that we're not getting 3DS. Screw Squeenix.

That said, I finish my masters degree 11 days before release. Happy graduation gift to me.

It's a pity indeed, because I would like to get the Nintendo 3DS version as well.

I hope we'll get the features of the Nintendo 3DS version on the Nintendo Switch version, but I doubt it.

PS4 and Switch at a later date.

Would buy 3DS too, but ah well.

Edited by Tiael

Glad I have a Japanese 3DS now. Time to import that version of the game.

I'm a bit salty about the 3DS version not being part of this announcement.  Happy that it sounds like there will be a switch release.

I'm a bit salty about the 3DS version not being part of this announcement.  Happy that it sounds like there will be a switch release.
Same here. I was going to buy that version in addition to the Steam and Switch releases.

Getting the PS4 version.  

I’ll likely get the Switch version if it has the 3DS modes as extras or something exclusive for a bonus feature.  Otherwise I don’t see the point in buying the same game twice with not differences other than frame rate/resolution. 

Where do they even mention later switch release? I'm not seeing that.

I voted for Switch. However, that’s assuming I’ll own one by then, which I expect I will. Otherwise, I’d just get the PS4 version.

48 minutes ago, Bob_the_Almighty said:

Getting the PS4 version.  

I’ll likely get the Switch version if it has the 3DS modes as extras or something exclusive for a bonus feature.  Otherwise I don’t see the point in buying the same game twice with not differences other than frame rate/resolution. 

Ditto.  Hopefullly the Switch version is the 3DS version!

Ps4, might get switch later.

Can't decide.

My PC isn't a toaster, but it isn't exactly good. I'm also worried about the quality of the PC port since SE doesn't exactly have a history of good PC ports. The plus side about a PC version is the possibility of mods (example something that replaces the midi with the Symphonic suite and etc.). Also I doubt PC will get the DQ 1-2-3 ports that the PS4 has.

I’m going to start with the PS4 and I’ll buy the Switch version whenever that finally comes out. Most likely anyhow. 

This is the first main title to appear on Steam. Guys depending on how well it does, we may see the mobile ports released there. Of course, I'd rather have ports optimized for PC, but still.

35 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

This is the first main title to appear on Steam. Guys depending on how well it does, we may see the mobile ports released there. Of course, I'd rather have ports optimized for PC, but still.

I don’t game on PC so ultimately I don’t really care if they get ported or not but I’m of the opinion if it’s feasible to multi-platform your games you’re stupid not too.  Unless a first party like Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft is covering the marketing or helping fund the game you’d think you’d want your game available to as many people as possible. 

Juat makes sense lol.  Gotta get paid. 

Switch, I'll probably have one by then. Really hoping at least some 3DS version features are on it.

Although, if the PS4 version's special edition is awesome, I'd likely pick it up too.

Damn'it, SquareEnix, give us the 3DS DQXI as well. Nintendo has seen fit to keep 3DS going through 2018 and into 2019.

Will Operation Rainfall help us?

I don’t double dip. Sorry Switch, but PS4 is getting a Collector’s Edition.

I'll grab the PS4 version at launch, and then the Switch version once it releases.

Edited by gooieooie