Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

When will you scratch that Nintendo itch and buy yourself a Switch?!?!

Inspired from another topic, this is pretty self explanatory: what will it take for YOU to buy a Nintendo Switch?

Maybe you're waiting for a certain game? Wait a few years for more games to be out? Perhaps that one bundle that will sell the system for you regardless? Sound off in this topic!

And that includes you @BorisTheWizard! You aren't getting away with one post!!!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If a new Zelda game comes out that's the same as being obligated to buy one for myself as far as I'm concerned. But, once Shin Megami Tensei V, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem, and Super Smash Bros come out presumably this year, I'll have enough justification to buy one. I'll be looking at a decreased price by that time hopefully.

DQ exclusive or maybe a Rune Factory or Fantasy Life 2.

Already have had one for nearly a year.

Zelda is one of my favorite series after DQ, so it was a no brainer.

Also for MK8 Deluxe, DQ Builders, Super Mario Odyssey, and with things like DQB2, Ys VIII, SMTV, Octopath Traveler, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition among others coming in the future.

Edited by Tiael

The announcement of Bayo 3 perked my ears up.

As of now, I'm either just going to get one on a whim or wait a while longer. I already have Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey as games that would get me to buy it (the latter especially perked up my interest), but as of now the only game I have for it is DQ Builders.

For future releases, games like Kirby: Star Allies, Super Smash Bros. for Switch, Dark Souls Remastered, Ys VIII, the new Fire Emblem game, and Octopath Traveler.

But the biggest system seller for me? Shin Megami Tensei V. A big new Atlus RPG is ALWAYS gonna get me to buy a new system, and I'm very eager to see what's in store with SMTV!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

As of now, I'm either just going to get one on a whim or wait a while longer. I already have Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey as games that would get me to buy it (the latter especially perked up my interest), but as of now the only game I have for it is DQ Builders.

For future releases, games like Kirby: Star Allies, Super Smash Bros. for Switch, Dark Souls Remastered, Ys VIII, the new Fire Emblem game, and Octopath Traveler.

But the biggest system seller for me? Shin Megami Tensei V. A big new Atlus RPG is ALWAYS gonna get me to buy a new system, and I'm very eager to see what's in store with SMTV!

I was thinking Dark Souls Remastered but then I remembered it's also coming out on PS4. Saving up for that one when it comes out.

3 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

I was thinking Dark Souls Remastered but then I remembered it's also coming out on PS4. Saving up for that one when it comes out.

Honestly, I'll probably get it for both. Normally I don't double dip, but I know I'll get the most enjoyment of it from my PS4. And since I've enjoyed Bloodborne and Dark Souls III so much, that's one way to justify it too.

Or maybe I'll just get it for PS4 and ask for the Switch version for my birthday, or vice versa.

Whatever happens, we'll have to team up and take on the world of Dark Souls at some point!

I might tonight since ebay has a 20% off coupon for any $25+ purchase :)

• Like 2

The moment I can fit one into my budget.

I have my brother's to play for now. Since we plan on being roommates for quite a while, I won't get my own for a while yet. But I have enough reason already to buy one so it's mostly a matter of when I decide to get my own.

I've had one for almost a year! Got it a few months after launch. If you know me, then you probably already know that I love Nintendo stuff, so I was ready to grab it as soon as I could. :P

Funny thing about that. Said I'd get it when Puyo Tetris came out, I didn't. Said I'd get it when Odyssey came out. Nope. Doesn't look like Heroes 1+2 is coming to shores anytime soon so now we wait on Kirby. If not him, than Crash, and Bayo3 and Smash

I kind of picked one up last summer. Definitely don't regret the purchase.

I got one shortly after launch for BoW, since have gotten mario kart, doom, odyssey, and the kids got a few others that aren't coming to mind since I am at work

I picked one up in September just to have a portable "home" console. (I found one while I was in Hawaii for work, this was while it was still ridiculous trying to find one on the mainland.) At the time buyer's remorse set in pretty quick because there wasn't much to play, but now I'm enjoying it.

So far, I've got Breath of the Wild, Binding of Isaac, Mario Kart, Disgaea 5, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, DQ Builders, Xenoblade, Doom, & LA Noire. Haven't played the last two yet.

Digitally I own Stardew Valley and Golf Story.

15 hours ago, ignasia said:

The moment I can fit one into my budget.

Same here, not much going on with the Switch. Mario and Zelda would be nice to experience some day. 

I'd say it takes four games that I want to play, and at least a slight price drop.

So far there's only Mario Odyssey, and the system is still selling close to its launch price.

5 hours ago, Sumez said:

I'd say it takes four games that I want to play, and at least a slight price drop.

So far there's only Mario Odyssey, and the system is still selling close to its launch price.

I wouldn't expect any price drop for some time, especially given the last two console generations.  It's likely to be another year and a half, assuming the console sell rate continues or increases.  Otherwise, expect three years.  Especially given Nintendo is the only one of the three companies that either always makes a profit per sale, or takes only a very small loss for the first year per system sale.  Then again we don't know what will happen in three years, given they could pull a New 3DS, and release a Switch "New" with a tweaked/enhanced Tegra 2.

I already got one. I mostly got it after hearing all the good news such as Super Mario Odyssey's trailer with Jump Up Superstar.

I mostly held back due to shortages and also the fact that I almost never buy consoles at launch, because they tend to have dead game release schedules and also sometimes a small fraction of rushed, defective models.

Unfortunately, I already have the PS4 versions of the DQ games, so I can't necessarily buy them on Switch without it being an absolute waste of money, so that sucks. If there is any DQ exclusive on the Switch, I definitely will buy it though.

I will probably get one shortly before the launch of their next console.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 6:15 AM, ignasia said:

I wouldn't expect any price drop for some time, especially given the last two console generations.

The Wii U dropped a lot in price after a year or so. It's not really comparable, considering the Switch was a lot more succesful though. I think even Nintendo are open to drop their prices knowing they'd get a lot more people into the fold, but as long as it's selling like hotcakes, there is no reason to. That said, a really good offer from a store would be enough for me - doesn't have to be the retail price.