Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Project Octopath Traveler Poll

Will you buy Project Octopath Traveler?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So here's something neat.

We've currently been introduced to four of the game's protagonists - Olberic, Primrose, Tressa, and Alphyn. If you take a look, the first letters of their names are the letters that make up "Octopath"! Stands to reason that the final four will have names starting with C, O, T, and H. Pretty neat detail! They previously said that Octopath Traveler was a tentative name, but I'm pretty sure they were planning to go with this all along. :P

Edited by gooieooie
  • Like 1

The boxart for the game is up!

And of course the skimpy clad woman is front and center on the boxart. That's Japan for you.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

45 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.a26a34f51dc151d907530d4a1b2a0bd8.JPG

And of course the skimpy clad woman is front and center on the boxart. That's Japan for you.

Pfft. I ordered Criminal Girls 2 the other day. This is nothing.

The names have continued to spell out Octopath!

O - Olberic, C - ?, T - Tressa, O - ?, P - Primrose, A - Alfyn, T - Therion, H - H'aanit.

I wonder if the last names might secretly end up spelling something, too, like the secret messages in the Bravely subtitles?

Also, based on what we've seen, anyone got an idea of who they're going to pick for their protagonist in the first playthrough?

• Like 1

O - Olberic, C - ?, T - Tressa, O - ?, P - Primrose, A - Alfyn, T - Therion, H - H'aanit.
I wonder if the last names might secretly end up spelling something, too, like the secret messages in the Bravely subtitles?

Also, based on what we've seen, anyone got an idea of who they're going to pick for their protagonist in the first playthrough?
8 letters in Octopath. Very octocentric kinda game going on here!

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, gooieooie said:

8 letters in Octopath. Very octocentric kinda game going on here!

If the final boss isn't a giant octopus I'll be disappointed. Heck, let's go all out and have it be a scylla.

Preordered when I saw the boxart.

maaaaan I sure do love the Switch. My favorite game so far this gen is definitely Xenoblade 2 with Breath of Wild close behind it. Lets see how this one ranks in there.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2018 at 1:48 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.a26a34f51dc151d907530d4a1b2a0bd8.JPG

I for one won't knock it.  After all,  Primrose is a great character.  The day I played her in the demo, the next day I reserved this game.