Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Nintendo Direct (8 March 2018) Poll

Do you think there will be any mention of the Nintendo 3DS and/or Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest XI in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, eal said:

I never have any interest in any of them until they’re at the end of their lifespan. Thankfully, I wasn’t that way with the Vita. I got it about a year before they totally disappeared from store shelves. People have to import them if they want new. I also wasn’t that way with the PS4, but that was because so much was on it and I basically went through every relevant PS3 game I wanted by the time I got one.

I'm usually the same way, or at least similar.

I'll usually wait a year or two into a consoles life to buy it. By then, they've released some sort of upgraded model at a much more reasonable price. Also, I never have to worry about there not being enough to play since plenty of games come out in the first year or two.

Also, there are typically tons of price drops on games by then. That's not to say I wont buy new games for a console I own, but I can usually buy games for less than half the price of when they're released. The only unfortunate thing about this method is I feel like I'm constantly behind and there is more to purchase and play than I will ever be able to.

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

I'm usually the same way, or at least similar.

I'll usually wait a year or two into a consoles life to buy it. By then, they've released some sort of upgraded model at a much more reasonable price. Also, I never have to worry about there not being enough to play since plenty of games come out in the first year or two.

Also, there are typically tons of price drops on games by then. That's not to say I wont buy new games for a console I own, but I can usually buy games for less than half the price of when they're released. The only unfortunate thing about this method is I feel like I'm constantly behind and there is more to purchase and play than I will ever be able to.

Yep, I do the same thing. I got DQ Builders (and a PS4) just a few months ago. It stinks when there is DLC that expires at a certain point though :/

On 3/18/2018 at 4:35 PM, Nikkolus said:

Yep, I do the same thing. I got DQ Builders (and a PS4) just a few months ago. It stinks when there is DLC that expires at a certain point though :/

I'm going to get Builders soon. I should have DQH II finished next week. I'll take a break from DQ while I finish FF IV and pick another game to play. Then when I'm ready to rotate a new game in, I'll start in on builders. Hopefully that will carry me through to the release of DQ XI, or at least close to it. I'm running out of DQ games to play :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm going to get Builders soon. I should have DQH II finished next week. I'll take a break from DQ while I finish FF IV and pick another game to play. Then when I'm ready to rotate a new game in, I'll start in on builders. Hopefully that will carry me through to the release of DQ XI, or at least close to it. I'm running out of DQ games to play
I haven't played a DQ game since last summer and just found out I can easily play Joker 3 and Terry on my computer, so that's going to happen real soon. I may sate my appetite with 1 of them and then do something else for a while. I totally forsee a March 2019 release for XI, so maybe I will get both games in.

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
16 hours ago, cprmauldin said:
I'm going to get Builders soon. I should have DQH II finished next week. I'll take a break from DQ while I finish FF IV and pick another game to play. Then when I'm ready to rotate a new game in, I'll start in on builders. Hopefully that will carry me through to the release of DQ XI, or at least close to it. I'm running out of DQ games to play emoji23.png

I haven't played a DQ game since last summer and just found out I can easily play Joker 3 and Terry on my computer, so that's going to happen real soon. I may sate my appetite with 1 of them and then do something else for a while. I totally forsee a March 2019 release for XI, so maybe I will get both games in.

I’m drowning in Dragon Quest games. Both Heroes games (one half finished, the other untouched), I want to get the physical English Builders on Vita imported some time, and after all these years I’m still on the final boss of VI. Literally probably need to just switch around job classes (I was grinding levels on top of classes) and battle the boss but I honestly hate the final boss. I don’t like how you have to take out a certain hand first or else he’ll heal endlessly, for some reason I have a harder time against him then other final bosses I’ve faced, and I genuinely hate how complicated it is getting out of whatever the dark world in VI was called. I remember posting a topic years back asking people to refresh my memory on how to gtfo out of there. God, VI sucks.

I’m drowning in Dragon Quest games. Both Heroes games (one half finished, the other untouched), I want to get the physical English Builders on Vita imported some time, and after all these years I’m still on the final boss of VI. Literally probably need to just switch around job classes (I was grinding levels on top of classes) and battle the boss but I honestly hate the final boss. I don’t like how you have to take out a certain hand first or else he’ll heal endlessly, for some reason I have a harder time against him then other final bosses I’ve faced, and I genuinely hate how complicated it is getting out of whatever the dark world in VI was called. I remember posting a topic years back asking people to refresh my memory on how to gtfo out of there. God, VI sucks.
Thank you for shamefully reminding me I never got more than 50% through Builders.

Yes, 6 sucks.

The worst part is it’s a stain on my backlog of unfinished games, and if I devoted one evening to it, I’d finish it and knock a game off the list, but I have zero drive to do so.

Eh, I'm still sure that they'll announce XI at E3 this year, cause the SE Booth is bigger than last year. And no matter KH3 says, DQ XI will not be killed.

Edited by winky55

On 3/24/2018 at 2:10 PM, eal said:

On 3/24/2018 at 2:12 PM, Plattym3 said:

Thank you for shamefully reminding me I never got more than 50% through Builders.

Well, looks like we all have some games to finish up before DQ XI comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Well, looks like we all have some games to finish up before DQ XI comes out.

And that’s not including that DSi Ware Dragon Quest Wars game I have that’s not great, and I also forgot Dragon Quest Swords, which I’m stuck in right now but I also don’t have a Wii or controllers for it at the moment, so I can’t play it.

6 hours ago, eal said:

And that’s not including that DSi Ware Dragon Quest Wars game I have that’s not great, and I also forgot Dragon Quest Swords, which I’m stuck in right now but I also don’t have a Wii or controllers for it at the moment, so I can’t play it.

Lol.

Yeah, and I failed to include DW III on the GBC, which I put 30 hours into several years ago before getting distracted. In all honesty though, I'm not sure whether or not I'll get back to that game before the release of DQ XI. I'm beating a game about every 2-3 months these days. Which means I've got the opportunity to get through FF IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold, and perhaps one more game before September rolls around.