Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sasorei

Starting game with friends and would like to know some things.

Guest Sasorei

Hi Everyone!

I am going to be starting this game soon with some friends and as I am sure everyone is aware, finding information on this game isn't easy for most! I've gotten a ton of info from the forums here though and there was a question I wasn't able to find an answer to (perhaps I wasn't searching the right keywords)... if it is there, I apologize!

That said, when we play we like to play different races. Is it possible to start the online portion as a group and get to one of the other's starting areas and quest together as different races? Or should we all just play one race?

On an aside, for the offline portion, do we need to be connected to the vpn?

Thanks in advance!

Sasorei

Hiya! Welcome to the game and forums. 

To answer both your questions, yes you do need to be connected to a VPN to play the intro. Yes, you will be able to get to your friend very easily, you’ll want to play through your races intro quests first which doesn’t take long at all. Once you finish the intro quests just meet up near the first key you’ll be going after and do all of the unlock quests together. 

Unlock quests are necessary to use the bank, switch classes, and a lot other really important features you can’t play without. 

Feel free to add add me in game, I posted a screenshot of my name and ID in the team post recently. 

Guest Sasorei

Thanks Xanagear! 

When we get it up and going I will add you! I really appreciate your assistance. 
It may be a few weeks as it is on its way to me now and the other two are waiting till pay day to buy it! But such hype!"

Is there a particular one-time password token needed or will the same one used for english work?

Edited by Sasorei
additional questions

Hi! Welcome to the game! I will include my info if you would like to add me. Did you post in the Dragon Den Team thread for an invite?

This game has really been eating up my time, If you need help with bosses or quests, feel free to ask me!

レナルドー
OP829-053

On 3/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, Sasorei said:

Thanks Xanagear! 

When we get it up and going I will add you! I really appreciate your assistance. 
It may be a few weeks as it is on its way to me now and the other two are waiting till pay day to buy it! But such hype!"

Is there a particular one-time password token needed or will the same one used for english work?

If you want to use a one time password, the English smartphone app or a Final Fantasy 14 dongle will both work.  They're universal for the games.

Guest Sasorei
12 hours ago, Avenger said:

If you want to use a one time password, the English smartphone app or a Final Fantasy 14 dongle will both work.  They're universal for the games.

So happy to hear this confirmed! I read that people weren't sure so I ordered the FFXIV Dongle since the smart phone app was acting up on me. Thanks again! I will let everyone know when we're in game :)

Edited by Sasorei