Has anyone else had trouble gaining access to all of the GameStop Exclusive DLC items in Terra Incognita?  The only things I've been able to build are the small Slime Light and Healio.  The King Slime Light, Slime Eyes, and Slime Smile aren't showing up, and I've 100%-ed all the Chapters.

Anyone have any insight or fixes?

There was pre-order DLC?

Yes - from GameStop.

Huh. Didn't know about that. I hate when they pull that crap, especially when it's GameStop exclusive.

• Like 1

I hope GameStop goes out of business sooner rather than later. Sorry to those innocents that work for GameStop, but honestly, if you are able to find another job, but willingly work for GameStop, you're just as bad as their corporate people in my opinion. Do not support these kinds of businesses!

2 hours ago, eal said:

Can we make this the GameStop bashing thread please? We really need one of those.

LOL

I love irony.

57 minutes ago, mjhopkins81 said:

LOL

I love irony.

We could talk about how they cancelled an online pre-order days after it was supposed to come in without telling me.

Or how the wanted to make sure I knew I was pre-ordering a special edition of a Vita game.

Or how one of them lied blatantly to my face about how I should pre-order Pokémon Moon or Sun because they won’t have many copies in besides pre-orders.

Or how one of them was trying to get me to pre-order an Amiibo because they were going to only get pre-orders but there was a wall of them when I went in when it came out.

Or how one of them answered the phone when SNES Classic pre-orders went up by telling people they can pre-order them now and they should drop what they’re doing and come in, knowing they only had under a dozen pre-orders.

Or how one of them tried to make a big show of how much he loved a game I wasn’t buying by rubbing the box on his face. Yes, this actually happened.

I don't have any bad GameStop stories. I just don't like how they get exclusives all the time.

• Like 1

Wait what? I pre-ordered through Gamestop and was never made aware of this. What the #$*!?

On 3/1/2018 at 3:59 PM, eal said:

We could talk about how they cancelled an online pre-order days after it was supposed to come in without telling me.

Or how the wanted to make sure I knew I was pre-ordering a special edition of a Vita game.

Or how one of them lied blatantly to my face about how I should pre-order Pokémon Moon or Sun because they won’t have many copies in besides pre-orders.

Or how one of them was trying to get me to pre-order an Amiibo because they were going to only get pre-orders but there was a wall of them when I went in when it came out.

Or how one of them answered the phone when SNES Classic pre-orders went up by telling people they can pre-order them now and they should drop what they’re doing and come in, knowing they only had under a dozen pre-orders.

Or how one of them tried to make a big show of how much he loved a game I wasn’t buying by rubbing the box on his face. Yes, this actually happened.

To be fair, most amiibo releases in the past have been so scarce that GameStop only ever got enough in to cover a few preorders, and it was almost always Nintendo's fault. Nintendo has been better about amiibo supply lately, so it's less of an issue now.

The pokemon thing though, man... they always try to say they'll only get a few non-preorder copies, but that's never true, or if it is true, then you can easily find it just about anywhere else.

• Like 1

The only good experience in particular I’ve had was when, after cancelling my pre-order on P4 Arena Ultimax I placed because I wanted the cards, I went in to a store months later and bought their last copy, which ended up including the bonus pre-order junk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New reason to hate GameStop: I went into one today and they had boxes for Vita memory cards on display. I took one up to the counter and he tells me they don’t have them in stock but could order a refurbished one for me. No, thanks.

New reason to hate GameStop: I went into one today and they had boxes for Vita memory cards on display. I took one up to the counter and he tells me they don’t have them in stock but could order a refurbished one for me. No, thanks.
That's lame of them, indeed.
3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
14 minutes ago, eal said:

That's lame of them, indeed.

I actually went to like multiple GameStops today. I took a “me day” and drove around places. I passed like three GameStops and each one had the same two Vita games and that’s it. I don’t fault them for that though but I just found it funny.

I went to a GameStop last night... They wanted to charge me $55 for a used copy of Super Mario Oddyssey. Really? Only $5 under new? I know it was a big release, but come on, it's been out for over a year. Also they had a used PS4 Pro priced at $380. Pathetic. With these prices, what's the point of buying used?

2 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I went to a GameStop last night... They wanted to charge me $55 for a used copy of Super Mario Oddyssey. Really? Only $5 under new? I know it was a big release, but come on, it's been out for over a year. Also they had a used PS4 Pro priced at $380. Pathetic. With these prices, what's the point of buying used?

Dude, I once saw a new copy of Bayonetta 2 or something for like a dollar cheaper then they were selling used. And they were like right next to each other on the shelf.

And in my opinion, they sell used games for full price and mark them as “new” whenever you buy the display game. They’ve been opened, the box has been manhandled by other customers, their #$*!ing massive price sticker leaves residue on the case, and the employees can supposedly bring the games home to play them. That’s “used.”

It's only been out for like five months, not quite a year.

Oh yeah, it wasn't a launch title. Still, $55 is rediculous. It should be down to $50 by now.

New GameStop story!

I walked into a new store for me in a totally different state and second one they were assaulting me with ads and deals. I found a game I wanted and then the protection was “accidentally” added to my total. The clerk did the whole “oops, but hey, if you want it, here’s what it covers!” Then, when I was leaving, they tell me the plastic bag costs extra!

• 6 months later...
On 3/31/2018 at 4:20 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

With these prices, what's the point of buying used?

For all their faults, this one isn't a big deal. Don't like their price? Don't buy it. They've got a much better return policy on "previously owned" (euphemism alert!) things, that could potentially make it more worth buying used, otherwise, generally best to wait for a buy 2 get 1 free offer.

Last game I bought from them, used, was basically just frustration with trying to buy it (new) from Walmart. Paid for it online, said I could pick it up a particular day in store (no shipping cost that way) then the store was like all "out of stock, sorry you gotta go online to get it refunded" so I walked to the game stop next door and bought a used copy at around twice the price the new one at Walmart would have been if they'd had their heads out of their asses. The clerk at game stop was nice and didn't try too hard on the upsale and promotion #$*!!.

Edited by tbb033
On 3/31/2018 at 4:20 AM, Erdrick The Hero said:

My favorite story is with the Wii version of Pikmin 2 costing 40 bucks used. Not only is it 20 on the eshop, it was 20 when it was new.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, jay said:

My favorite story is with the Wii version of Pikmin 2 costing 40 bucks used. Not only is it 20 on the eshop, it was 20 when it was new.

A lot of games cost more used than when they were new. Would you balk at Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2 going for more than the $40 they were originally sold at? Not saying Pickymans is in that category, but just costing more used than new (or as a download)... Supply and demand factors in there somewhere.

11 hours ago, tbb033 said:

A lot of games cost more used than when they were new. Would you balk at Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2 going for more than the $40 they were originally sold at? Not saying Pickymans is in that category, but just costing more used than new (or as a download)... Supply and demand factors in there somewhere.

Seeing as it's on the eshop, there's theoretically an infinite supply