My name is Chris Stone (Audio Android) and I would like to announce my entry into the DRAGON WARRIOR Fan Game Kingdom. I am coming to the finishing stage of my Fan Game and am currently working with the Staff of Dragon's Den on a contest for the games launch. I am excited for this game and would like to THANK front runners such as Hawkeye Productions for leading the way with such amazing fan games such as DRAGON WARRIOR Classic I +II showing us that this can be done, that you can do this, thanks. Here are 9 Photo Screenshots from my game a Title is still being worked on, look for a teaser trailer in the next couple of days.

5a861d5537065_DRAGONWARRIORTitleScreen.png.c3458fd8e725dcf26e3140aef3d1c0bc.png

Alefgard Over World.png

Town of Brecconary Frame Option Test.png

Town of Brecconary 1 of 6.png

Town of Brecconary 2 of 6.png

Town of Brecconary 3 of 6.png

Town of Brecconary 4 of 6.png

Town of Brecconary 5 of 6.png

Town of Brecconary 6 of 6.png

Looks good to me, what have you made it with? RPGMaker?

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the intentionally faux pixel style akin to 3D Dot Game Heroes, but I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the thin black outlines when you're combining them with a white outline too. It especially bothers me on the close-up of the sprite you're talking to, and on the trees of the overworld you have a thin black outline, then a thick white one, and then another thin black one. It doesn't look intentional.
But on stuff like the water and shorelines look cool, as long as they don't look like they are hovering above the brick road.

Edited by Sumez

On 2/15/2018 at 8:06 PM, Woodus said:

Looks good to me, what have you made it with? RPGMaker?

Yes Sir, I used RPGM VX Ace and I used Photoshop CS5 to change agjust the graphic Tilesets, if it wasn't for you and your staff this would not of been possible, I used your site for all of my resources, thank you and everyone who helps keep The Dragon's Den up and running, again for your hard work on this site, it works very well and I hope you all will like my Fan Game. I will get with the other guy in the morning about the contest, to me the contest could be about anything like the contests you had before, I will offer my suggestion about creating a quest and boss as the prize, I know a lot of good fans out there have always wanted to make a DW/DQ Game but don't have the time and effort to put into learning all the different software their is out there to help you make a fan game so I wanted to give them a chance to have their work and idea in a actual fan game :) Thank You and your staff again for all your help, your site is the Sun that gives the rest of us planets the chance to create and I thank you.

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Really like the art style. Can't wait to play it!

Thank You Twinkie for your comment I am glad you like it, I will have a trailer ready shortly, the game is 80% finished so a launch day is somewhere around end of April or early May.

The bricks do have an odd ambient occlusion effect to them, and sometimes the trees overlap where it looks like they shouldn't, but other than that I'm loving your art style.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:53 AM, Sumez said:

I'm enjoying the intentionally faux pixel style akin to 3D Dot Game Heroes, but I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the thin black outlines when you're combining them with a white outline too. It especially bothers me on the close-up of the sprite you're talking to, and on the trees of the overworld you have a thin black outline, then a thick white one, and then another thin black one. It doesn't look intentional.
But on stuff like the water and shorelines look cool, as long as they don't look like they are hovering above the brick road.

Thanks for the positive feedback Sumez, Its still in the creation stage but nearing the end, I hope the final product will be enjoyed by fans of the original classic.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:15 AM, Audio Android said:

Thank You Twinkie for your comment I am glad you like it, I will have a trailer ready shortly, the game is 80% finished so a launch day is somewhere around end of April or early May.

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it!