Square Enix: DQ XI is a FY18 title (not before April 2018)

NidoTower

1 hour ago, david said:

I hope the game is released this year. this is ridiculous, i don't think i have seen a game series take so long to be translated. meanwhile so many other game developers and publishers work together at the same time so games can release simultaneously in Japan and the west. not like the 90's. game hits Japan, west gets it a year or two later. 

If this was published by someone else we could have had DQ XI around the same time as Japan. like Monster Hunter World for example.

It took 10 years for those Trails in the Sky games to come out, and even after they were picked up by XSeed, they were delayed endlessly, at one point because the stress translating it had a negative impact on one of its translators.

Was it ever said who was publishing it here? Nintendo or Square Enix? Because regardless, both companies have a history of simultaneous releases. A recent example for Nintendo is Super Mario Odyssey and they launch Pokémon games worldwide nowadays as well. Square Enix launched FFXV worldwide on the same day. It depends on the game. Your example of Monster Hunter World was actually the first time a MH game has come out at the same time around the world, and I believe that was part of the intention behind the game.

27 minutes ago, eal said:

It took 10 years for those Trails in the Sky games to come out, and even after they were picked up by XSeed, they were delayed endlessly, at one point because the stress translating it had a negative impact on one of its translators.

Was it ever said who was publishing it here? Nintendo or Square Enix? Because regardless, both companies have a history of simultaneous releases. A recent example for Nintendo is Super Mario Odyssey and they launch Pokémon games worldwide nowadays as well. Square Enix launched FFXV worldwide on the same day. It depends on the game. Your example of Monster Hunter World was actually the first time a MH game has come out at the same time around the world, and I believe that was part of the intention behind the game.

Should probably point out that all of those games series sold like hotcakes in NA. 

10 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Should probably point out that all of those games series sold like hotcakes in NA. 

Exactly. There was value in working towards a simultaneous release. Not so with a Dragon Quest game.

I have looked for Asian versions of the game. a lot of them have English subtitles. but of all the games that do, DQ XI is sadly not one of them. 

I can't recall the last time I actually paid for hotcakes. I mean, when I got out to eat I want something I can't make in 3 minutes at home. So, in this instance DQ sells like hotcakes to Platty.

29 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 2/11/2018 at 9:48 AM, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I can't recall the last time I actually paid for hotcakes. I mean, when I got out to eat I want something I can't make in 3 minutes at home. So, in this instance DQ sells like hotcakes to Platty.

I tell myself that all the time, yet when I go to IHOP or Denny's, I hardly ever stray from the usual. 

16 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I tell myself that all the time, yet when I go to IHOP or Denny's, I hardly ever stray from the usual. 

Never been to a Denny’s. Went to an IHOP once.

5 hours ago, eal said:

Never been to a Denny’s. Went to an IHOP once.

Moon over my Hammy...you're missing out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ignasia said:

Moon over my Hammy...you're missing out.

I like the Super Bird myself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

C'mon guys! Whatever happened to a good ol' Grand Slam?

Exactly. Lest we not forgot the perfect song for it as well.

王明是中国人。

王明是学生。
史密斯是美国人。
史密斯是王明的朋友。
史密斯是律师。

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

On 2/18/2018 at 7:33 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 2/18/2018 at 6:47 PM, cprmauldin said:
C'mon guys! Whatever happened to a good ol' Grand Slam?

Isn't there a Super Slam with 3 or 4 of everything?

I'm not sure, but if there is, I want it.