The Super Bowl Sucks

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
24 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Yeah this has been a very uninteresting game. The get together I went to was a bust as well.
Not many good commercials this year either, though one of the T-mobile commercials was funny.

Spoken too soon. Alexa!

The Game of Thrones/Bud Light one was funny. Steve Carrell’s Pepsi ad making fun of the “We don’t have Coke, how about a Pepsi?” joke was funny. Never thought I’d see an ad with ASMR in it. The trailers have sucked so far. For all the controversy I don’t think I’ve even seen the Gillette as yet.

That ad for the home security system sent mixed signals. The first few things were fine. That feeling that everything around you is dangerous. But then they highlight robots taking jobs and your Alexa-esque machines becoming sentient or creeping on you, then tell you you can rely on their home security system to keep you safe from whatever troubles lie ahead...

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much for some post-SB cuddling tonight.

Wait, fanatic DQ gamers calling out sports fans?

I work in a home improvement store.  Despite my inherent nerdiness, it was the only job I could find at the time, and given how bad the job markets are, I've held onto it for 12 years. I work the

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Spoken too soon. Alexa!

I didn’t see it. With how the game was going I opted to head home. By the time I saw the game on TV again (didn’t bother looking for updates on my phone) the score was 13-3.

I honestly didn’t remember many of the commercials. There were some good ones, but honestly I just wasn’t in the spirit of the evening since I was distracted.

Still, there was one good thing about the evening. That boy Tate from Williamsburg (who I posted about above) got to go to the Super Bowl, and while the Rams didn’t win I’m glad he was able to attend it.

• Like 1

Half-time show was a rip off. My disappointment is immense. This must be what sex feels like.

It’s probably because I’m so far removed from caring about sports aside from saying, “oh, that’s nifty,” but rooting for the Patriots’ 6th Super Bowl win in the Brady/Belichick era feels like rooting for Goliath to slay David.

19 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Half-time show was a rip off. My disappointment is immense. This must be what sex feels like.

I felt like a got blue balls when they teased Sweet Victory and then did some terrible rap song instead.

• 1 year later...

i don't bother at all watching sports or award shows to me its all boring and nothing at all interesting. 

Why do these old topics keep getting revived? Haha

39 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Why do these old topics keep getting revived? Haha

Blackrazor is new. I think he's going through the entire server!

You can also thank Platty :P  

On 9/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, Plattym3 said:

Welcome to the Den, our own little slice of the Internet! Hope you enjoy it here. Glad you're looking around and posting. Keep feeling free to revive some old topics, we don't mind at all. In fact I quite enjoy it as it typically gets newer members talking and us old guards' brains working on new replys and such.

Again, welcome!

The Den has been pretty dead lately, so I'm cool with it, too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wes said:

Blackrazor is new. I think he's going through the entire server!

You can also thank Platty :P  

The Den has been pretty dead lately, so I'm cool with it, too.

I don’t care it’s being done and don’t take offense to it, don’t get me wrong. I just find it funny, that’s all.

This place is pretty relaxed, so it’s all good.

Yeah, I like revisiting our history.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Yeah, I like revisiting our history.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s interesting revisiting these topics.

tought this was revived since its football season again.

Its really amazing how two seasons of Lamar Jackson has made the Baltimore conversation on Flacco "who?", like just completely purged from memory

• Like 1