DQXI Symphonic Suite Trailer

36 minutes ago, Fates said:

They do. Only certain items won't be shipped internationally.

This is true. What few things I have ordered from Amazon Japan have never been "red flagged," in terms of being able to ship overseas.

Mine just shipped, probably will be here by the end of the week.

... along with the 1/4000 SDF Macross model kit I ordered with it. RIP Wallet.

Edited by Fates
18 minutes ago, Fates said:

Mine just shipped, probably will be here by the end of the week.

... along with the 1/4000 SDF Macross model kit I ordered with it. RIP Wallet.

I wasn't able to get a pre-order in, but that's okay, I'll order it later this week when I get paid. Dragon Quest VII's symphonic suite should be arriving this week though, so that will be good!

Hope you enjoy the full soundtrack once you get it Fates!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fates said:

It arrived.

Came with large translucent plastic music sheets. Probably a first print bonus.

Nice! Does the back of the CD case have the English names for tracks similar to what the Tokyo Metropolitan cases have for songs? If it does, would you be so kind as to post the English names here?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

DISC 1:

Overture

Start of Adventure~The Hero Goes Forth with a Determined

Bustling Town~Sleepy Village~Quiet Village~Bustling Town

Hero's Triumphant Return~Village Hidden in a Mountains~the Hero Goes Forth

Imperial Palace

Ole! Sylvano!

Unflinching Courage~Battling Race~Endless Battle

Supernatural Evil Castle

Evil Hands of Shadows~Bringer of the Doom

Homecoming of the HEroes(Serena's Harp ~ Flying Whale)

DISC 2:

Uncharted Cave ~ Invitation to Mystery

Flying Whale

The Soul of Chivalry

Light through the Leaves of Love

Rab the Wizard ~ The Tower of Time ~ Village of Myths

Run through the Predicaments ~ Where is the Hope! ~ Dark in the Heath

Corridors of Darkness

Stake my life on it

Echoes of an Elusive Age

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Fates said:

DISC 1:

Overture

Start of Adventure~The Hero Goes Forth with a Determined

Bustling Town~Sleepy Village~Quiet Village~Bustling Town

Hero's Triumphant Return~Village Hidden in a Mountains~the Hero Goes Forth

Imperial Palace

Ole! Sylvano!

Unflinching Courage~Battling Race~Endless Battle

Supernatural Evil Castle

Evil Hands of Shadows~Bringer of the Doom

Homecoming of the HEroes(Serena's Harp ~ Flying Whale)

DISC 2:

Uncharted Cave ~ Invitation to Mystery

Flying Whale

The Soul of Chivalry

Light through the Leaves of Love

Rab the Wizard ~ The Tower of Time ~ Village of Myths

Run through the Predicaments ~ Where is the Hope! ~ Dark in the Heath

Corridors of Darkness

Stake my life on it

Echoes of an Elusive Age

Thanks!

I doubt it... That list didn't look localized at all, it really looks like Google Translate.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Eh, looks about the same as how other DQ song titles are translated on the back of the Tokyo Metropolitan CD cases.

My copy of the soundtrack arrived in the mail, along with DQ7’s soundtrack!

6CBB6CE7-A2BE-47C0-8EA9-C90E7D7C7726.thumb.jpeg.5cc8e29afdfb249a6b0bba2ff9d379e5.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to hearing both! Can’t wait to hear the new music for XI! No sheet music with my copy like what Fates got, but the booklet did contain all the scores for the music.

Also, I can confirm the list of track names Fates posted for the DQ11 soundtrack is correct.

B9F11DDF-D569-4C51-9244-AC0FAD5B73F9.thumb.png.7ed8686d756770130970ce17bcb893a5.pngA79CD76F-D7F0-4DF7-A5DE-B91EC4F6FF7C.thumb.png.bfb66eca434b9117fae52ad810483301.png

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Gonna copy/paste my post from elsewhere. This was after my first time listening to the symphonic suite (didn't listen to the full version posted earlier). It's not incredibly in depth, but maybe it will give some idea of what I thought of it:

"So, after getting Dragon Quest VII and XI's Tokyo Metropolitan symphonic suite's in the mail today (which was INCREDIBLY fast seeing as I only ordered them Saturday) and listening to the two of them, I'm not only super satisfied with the purchase, but with the music quality.

7's soundtrack is a 10/10, no questions asked, so we'll move along to 11's...

It was actually pretty good. Not the strongest DQ soundtrack, but there are plenty of good new tracks in this game. For anyone who has watched gameplay and heard the new pieces, let me tell you: the symphonic suite does the music far better justice than what's heard in game.

While listening, I felt more of what Sugiyama was trying to envoke with songs I had heard before, such as the overworld and town themes. The sense of adventure as you head off into the overworld, the chatter of townsfolk, that creeping sensation as you explore caves and big bad territory...while familiar places and ideas for DQ, 11's themes for them felt focused with the real instruments, if that makes sense.

And then there's the songs for celebrations! Those are fun to listen too, especially Sylvando's theme (the translated name for Sylvia the Jester/performer looking party member on the back of the case).

The weakest track was the boss theme, Endless Battle, in my opinion of course. It's trying to be intimidating, but...well, even in symphonic form, it just sounds like random noises. Which is a shame too, because the Boss theme from 10's symphonic suite soundtrack was REALLY good, which made me hope the same for 11. Endless Battle is the only track as of now I wasn't impressed with. We'll see if my opinion changes over time.

Anyway, the last song was a real treat, and I imagine long time DQ fans will really appreciate it. I won't spoil anything, but it's a great way to end the symphonic suite. Totally didn't expect it.

Bottom line, Dragon Quest XI's symphonic suite was solid. As of now I'd place it towards the middle of my favorites. Not every new song is a winner, but what songs really work make me all the more excited to finally play the game in the (hopefully near) future." 

14 hours ago, Sumez said:

@YangustheLegendaryBandit how would you say this release stacks up against the "Family Classic concert" version that I linked on the previous page? Do they sound largely the same? I would imagine they use the same arrangement.

The release has better quality to its sound. From what I've listened to of the link you posted, I could immediately noticed some instruments aren't as pronounced as they are on the CD release. The low brass instruments in the beginning of the Overture aren't quite as strong, and the harp can barely be heard in "Start of the Adventure." Also, the tempo for "The Hero Goes Forth with Determination," is slightly slower than what's on the CD.

I can at least say that the version you posted is not a 1:1 rendition of what I have on the symphonic suite, just from the few examples I've given.

It could just be how the sound comes across from a live recording in a performance hall. In my concert band works, our CD copies always have weaker sounding instruments even if we were playing at forte. I notice it most with low brass (I play tuba), and that was an immediate difference I caught between the SS Overture and your Concert Overture.

Haven't listened to the whole Family Concert video, so I'll see if I notice the same things or others later.