Quest #170 - Subtitle Like a Hero, Final Round

Vote for your favorite!  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Long ages ago, we began this quest.  Time to END it!

Vote for your favorite DQH2 acronym/subtitle!

Voting ends Tuesday, January 16th at the end of the day, EST.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 11:33 PM, JaybirdC said:

Wicked Terrible War is neat, but a little too on the nose. The Terrible is a stumbling block.

Still voting.

I was just trying to make the subtitle's acronym exactly match the first game.

We have a WINNER!!!!  Congratulations to ActualSomeoneYT

Maybe they'll one day return to the Den, but at least their 8 posts will have a shiny DQH2 badge next to it!

Now I just need to teach my predictive text on my phone to do this and I'll do it all the time!

(DQH2:SCFOAITWNSTHBOATATTEEASMT) DQH2: Some Cousins Fight Off A Invasion That Was Not Supposed To Happen Because Of A Treaty And Try To Extinguish Evil And Save Many Towns And Places

Added the badge, the letters took up the whole badge, so I guess that is what it is ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2018 at 7:26 AM, redneckpride4ever said:

Not to be super technical, but I thought this said top 3.

It did.  We're going to go with top 2 though, because only 2 garnered more than 1 vote. So, you're in!

Can I be a little salty about this?  I was excited mine did so well in the first round. And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited for the final round.

And then only 8 people voted. I'm not even sure I was one of them because enough time had passed that I was busy with other things and not checking the den very often for awhile. If I voted, then I guess that was the vote mine got here, but if not, it would have been 2 votes.

But really, the long time between rounds? That's a terrible way to run a quest.  I know you were busy and realistically that's just the way it had to turn out, but in the future, you may wish to leave voting up longer, and bump it more for times when there is a huge delay between voting rounds.  Give people more time to promote, demote, or just otherwise get more votes.

(It wasn't only this quest I was checking back in for, but it was one thing)

Can I be a little salty about this?  I was excited mine did so well in the first round. And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited for the final round.

And then only 8 people voted. I'm not even sure I was one of them because enough time had passed that I was busy with other things and not checking the den very often for awhile. If I voted, then I guess that was the vote mine got here, but if not, it would have been 2 votes.

But really, the long time between rounds? That's a terrible way to run a quest.  I know you were busy and realistically that's just the way it had to turn out, but in the future, you may wish to leave voting up longer, and bump it more for times when there is a huge delay between voting rounds.  Give people more time to promote, demote, or just otherwise get more votes.

(It wasn't only this quest I was checking back in for, but it was one thing)

Thanks, I always appreciate the whining.

Feel free not to participate in any more of my terribly-run quests, thanks.

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

It did.  We're going to go with top 2 though, because only 2 garnered more than 1 vote. So, you're in!

HUGS! :heartslime:

HUGS! slime:
Feel free to call me out on that any time. I've been all over the place the past year with the quests. Hopefully after I finish my masters degree this summer and a year long extra duty thing due to construction at work ends (I hope), after August I can get back to doing some more regularly. Those two things alone have added 5+ hours to my work weeks this year.
8 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
11 hours ago, redneckpride4ever said:
HUGS! emoji813.pngslime:

Feel free to call me out on that any time. I've been all over the place the past year with the quests. Hopefully after I finish my masters degree this summer and a year long extra duty thing due to construction at work ends (I hope), after August I can get back to doing some more regularly. Those two things alone have added 5+ hours to my work weeks this year.

I know you've been busy as hell. That's why I felt bad even mentioning it.

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
16 hours ago, redneckpride4ever said:
HUGS! emoji813.pngslime:

What's your degree in Platty? I'm amazed you're doing all of that plus remaining active, good for you man! 

17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Thanks, I always appreciate the whining.

Feel free not to participate in any more of my terribly-run quests, thanks.

Welp. I at least offered some constructive portion to my criticism.

And some 'hey I understand life is walloping you' top it as well. because I totally get that. I have my own does of life going on, and yours sounded heftier than my load.

Doesn't mean it doesn't suck. And doesn't mean I didn't feel utterly left out when you twice now neglected to stick to your original 'Top Three' Which should be a First, a Second, and 3-way tie for Third.  Yeah, it's just a badge, but it was a let down.And it's kinda worse now because I wasn't really all that salty when you just picked one total winner, because I didn't check back and assumed it was just another 'only one winner' quest and the top choice was very clear. But when someone points out that it wasn't a single-winner contest, and then you still don't stick with that again? Well, that gets the salt going.

So yeah, I'll call you out again. The contest wasn't for the Top choice. It was for the Top 3. It was not "Top 3 who get more than one vote." It was just Top 3. It shouldn't be much to ask that the original guidelines are followed unless there's some obvious deficiency in them

I'm make sure to sugar coat my disappointment and criticism in the future so that it doesn't get labelled as mere whining.

Why didn't you send Platty a PM about your problems with the quests instead of calling him out here about it?

Just to argue devil's advocate, I would feel like I was more personally attacking someone if I sent them a PM as opposed to posting a comment.

48 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Just to argue devil's advocate, I would feel like I was more personally attacking someone if I sent them a PM as opposed to posting a comment.

But by shooting someone a PM they’re keeping their grievances quiet instead of publicly calling them out for everyone to see.

But by shooting someone a PM they’re keeping their grievances quiet instead of publicly calling them out for everyone to see.
I agree...just thought I'd offer an alternative reasoning as to why someone might not want to do that.
29 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
30 minutes ago, eal said:

I agree...just thought I'd offer an alternative reasoning as to why someone might not want to do that.

How dare you offer a differing perspective!

I guess i questioned the top 3, to me it seemed a pointless final then if everyone but one person gets a badge.

Maybe we need to have some kind of tiebreaker rule, or just say there are no ties going forward. The way it stands now at some point we we end up with a contest with 10 entries and everyone will vote for their own and then everyone gets first place :P

Or we leave a contest open until there have be X number of votes minimum or once that is reached then a time limit.

Also, another defense could be that it's easy to forget how small a forum this is. Back in the old days in the golden age of internet forums, everyone was careful of what they said to each other because the communities were so small. If you pissed off some people in your community then there weren't a lot of other people to talk to.

Things like Reddit has ruined me and probably others. Even though I technically have anonymity here, I really don't. My account here is my account and you guys aren't likely to forget who I am if I decide to tell eal or yangus to #$*! off some day (not that I have any reason to). On Reddit, I could shred somebody one day and then totally agree with them a week later because I've already forgotten their username.

Of course, that's an extreme example, I don't think TheMysticalOne really meant anything super malicious by this. Maybe I should just stop talking now.

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

you guys aren't likely to forget who I am if I decide to tell eal to #$*! off some day (not that I have any reason to).

I’m sure you’d have a good reason.