Sign in to follow this  
Democrobot

DQH3 Wants and Wishes

I'm not sure. . . I Mean Since Dragon Quest is Still a High-grossing & Successful Franchise; and Considering how much money is made off of Musuo games; I Could see it happening; I Don't know when it'd happen, but I Still see it happening, period; Probably a significant amount of time after One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

I Just REALLY hope for some DQ11 Representation in this game; Like maybe Serena & Veronica, or Rab & Jade, since they are amazing characters, with amazing gameplay, seriously, why Couldn't more dragon quest games

That Early into the series timeline

, like I-III have such Unique Characters that aren't so generic; seriously,

DQIII happens after DQXI, And DQXI has much more interesting characters that aren't just Generic Classes as their names, like Priest, Soldier/Warrior, Mage, Martial Artist, Merchant, Jester, Sage, Theif, etc

why did it take Square Enix 4 games how to figure out how to make the other party members that aren't the Hero into more interesting Characters, with their own personalities, Motivations, etc

Edited by ErdrickSmasherVIII

I want something related to DQ Builders and of course XI. A retro mode with Secret of Mana-like combat and visuals would be pretty fun, too but I think it could be too difficult to implement. They definitely need to do something creative in regards to DQ Builders 1-2.

• Like 1

Everybody seems so focused on character and storytelling but completely leaving out playability/mechanics. I'm sure DQH3 will get the same core charismatic characters from the previous series: DQ6 will ALWAYS bring Terry, DQ4 will ALWAYS bring Torneko and the twins, DQ8 will ALWAYS bring Jessica, DQ7 will ALWAYS be Gabo and Maribel. You get the idea. I couldn't care less who the other invited characters are, I feel the game will be just as good, I am sure 3 will have the cast from 11 and they're all amazing I'd be happy with any one of them. Who cares.

GIVE ME IMPROVED MECHANICS.

Play other Destiny Warriors style games, like Ninety Nine Nights or Ninja Gaiden and compare it to DQH series. Does no one else notice the mechanics clunkyness? Not to mention the viable weapon variety, I never felt any reason to not go Dual Swords when going the Gladiator path, Claws limited range has you punching the air often and Pole/Staff is just Y spam, any other combo and you're tripping over yourself. Going down a magic path is so uninteractive with the Wands and Heavy Staff's management of energy balls/bubbles, I am sure it can be improved so that all weapons can be more viable, with smoother flowing combos and more variety (Martial Artist being locked on only Claw and Staff kinda sucks). Bow and Whip are cool but whatever you do, Angelo and Jessica do it better... there should also be incentives to go Thief beyond getting the magic key quest.

Edited by dreamtrain

On 7/4/2020 at 1:15 PM, dreamtrain said:

Everybody seems so focused on character and storytelling but completely leaving out playability/mechanics. I'm sure DQH3 will get the same core charismatic characters from the previous series: DQ6 will ALWAYS bring Terry, DQ4 will ALWAYS bring Torneko and the twins, DQ8 will ALWAYS bring Jessica, DQ7 will ALWAYS be Gabo and Maribel. You get the idea. I couldn't care less who the other invited characters are, I feel the game will be just as good, I am sure 3 will have the cast from 11 and they're all amazing I'd be happy with any one of them. Who cares.

GIVE ME IMPROVED MECHANICS.

Play other Destiny Warriors style games, like Ninety Nine Nights or Ninja Gaiden and compare it to DQH series. Does no one else notice the mechanics clunkyness? Not to mention the viable weapon variety, I never felt any reason to not go Dual Swords when going the Gladiator path, Claws limited range has you punching the air often and Pole/Staff is just Y spam, any other combo and you're tripping over yourself. Going down a magic path is so uninteractive with the Wands and Heavy Staff's management of energy balls/bubbles, I am sure it can be improved so that all weapons can be more viable, with smoother flowing combos and more variety (Martial Artist being locked on only Claw and Staff kinda sucks). Bow and Whip are cool but whatever you do, Angelo and Jessica do it better... there should also be incentives to go Thief beyond getting the magic key quest.

But.....what if I like the mechanics of DQ Heroes more than Dynasty Warriors?