Democrobot

DQH3 Wants and Wishes

2 out of 2 is a pretty strong precedent. I would prefer they branch beyond playable characters and characters from mainline games (Stella and Fleurette please!), but it just seems to me that they probably won’t for any potential third game and the last 2 games makes a pretty strong case for that theory. I would love to be proven wrong though.

20 hours ago, eal said:

2 out of 2 is a pretty strong precedent. I would prefer they branch beyond playable characters and characters from mainline games (Stella and Fleurette please!), but it just seems to me that they probably won’t for any potential third game and the last 2 games makes a pretty strong case for that theory. I would love to be proven wrong though.

People also said that smash was never going to have 3rdparty characters in Smash 64 and Meele, and look at Brawl.

I'm not saying they're guaranteed, but they're far more likely than they were in Heroes 1 or Heroes 2.

Please no, I don't want Cloud, Snake, Geralt or random generic characters in dragon quest games. 

Guest characters would be a fun idea. I’d be down for a Pikachu as a guest monster in a Monsters game. Or Link as an optional recruitable party member.

Ya thats a great idea, have characters that don't even fit in dragon quest games and look completely out of place....

Let’s put Goku and Vegeta in then.

Or Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

32 minutes ago, Hecatomb said:

Ya thats a great idea, have characters that don't even fit in dragon quest games and look completely out of place....

Sometimes, the character designer for a game will redesign a character to fit in line with the aesthetic.

If Love Live! girls can make it into Granblue then we can get a Pikachu in Dragon Quest!

Better yet, let’s put Arale in. She’s a wacky character, so she’d fit into Dragon Quest.

Follow me on this: DLC quest. Senbei Norimaki is making a robot girl (Arale) and he needs you to gather raw materials, and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. After you’re done gathering everything, he builds her, but he can’t handle her antics so he gives her to you to take care of and she joins the party.

6 minutes ago, eal said:

Follow me on this: DLC quest. Senbei Norimaki is making a robot girl (Arale) and he needs you to gather raw materials, and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. After you’re done gathering everything, he builds her, but he can’t handle her antics so he gives her to you to take care of and she joins the party.

I play it/pay for it. Have all her comments point out various puns in the game while all the other characters are confused what she’s talking about.

That just made me realize that I would be more than okay with a DQ/Dragon ball spin-off game set during the Kid Goku era.

39 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

That just made me realize that I would be more than okay with a DQ/Dragon ball spin-off game set during the Kid Goku era.

With all the bizarre stuff that happens in the Kid Goku era, it could work. All I ask is that Monster Carrot appears as a boss.

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

Like 80% of the original monster designs look like they can straight out of Dragon Ball vanilla.

6 hours ago, eal said:

Or Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

Sometimes, the character designer for a game will redesign a character to fit in line with the aesthetic.

If Love Live! girls can make it into Granblue then we can get a Pikachu in Dragon Quest!

Theres some characters like Samus, or Snake from MGS, that would look so out of place in a dragon quest game. Don't know about Pokemon, I rather have a pokemon thats not Pikachu, the Tapus or Ultra beast would fit more into dragon quest maybe. 

I would prefer no characters from anywhere outside of DQ, but then again, my wish for DQH III is simply this:

The Adventure of Dai adapted in its entirety into a Heroes game. DQH II already showed how perfectly it would fit.

• Like 1

I would love to see Milly in DQH3. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like her WAY more than her brother.

Perhaps some playable villians? Not sure how they'd work it into the story, but I'd love to play as Dhoulmagus or Marcello. Debora would be neat too, just to represent all the DQV wives.

30 minutes ago, ChrystalChameleon said:

I would love to see Milly in DQH3. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like her WAY more than her brother.

Perhaps some playable villians? Not sure how they'd work it into the story, but I'd love to play as Dhoulmagus or Marcello. Debora would be neat too, just to represent all the DQV wives.

I was really hoping the DragonLord was going to be playable in Heroes 2, joining you as an ally once you confronted him similar to Psaro in the first Heroes game. Sadly, that was not the case, and honestly that was pretty disappointing.

Obviously I want to see him as a playable character at some point, but to go beyond that, let’s get something unexpected like Baramos or Corvus.

I was surprised that anyone would think that Mireille/Milayou would not be a welcome addition. I love Terry best, but I think that she has a lot to add to this type of game (or any game).

I’d be all about Milly in a Heroes game. Mine was the first post and I said in it I’d probably buying the game day one if she was included in a future game. Problem is I don’t think she’s all that popular in Japan, so I wouldn’t count on it.

13 hours ago, Cesar Hernandez-Meraz said:

I would prefer no characters from anywhere outside of DQ, but then again, my wish for DQH III is simply this:

The Adventure of Dai adapted in its entirety into a Heroes game. DQH II already showed how perfectly it would fit.

I totally agree. The Adventure of Daï as a game would easily be a wonder. 

Then again, in DQH3 I'd love to see characters from Emblem of Roto too. Heck, I'd even be sold with characters like the Incarnus or the Lionkid from Joker 2! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eal said:

I’d be all about Milly in a Heroes game. Mine was the first post and I said in it I’d probably buying the game day one if she was included in a future game. Problem is I don’t think she’s all that popular in Japan, so I wouldn’t count on it.

She's not... 

Image result for big in japan

• Like 1

i would like to see rangnar and borya becuse then we have the entier dq4 cast and on a side note have psaro be a playable character in story mode
but other characters i like to see are amon from dq 6 i would also like to see the main heroes from earlier games to show up maybe as a cameo or someking of trainer for the main hero of dqh3 

Kiefer and Sir Mervyn!!

Also, Erik, Rab, and Sylvando