Jump to content
Democrobot

DQH3 Wants and Wishes

Recommended Posts

2 out of 2 is a pretty strong precedent. I would prefer they branch beyond playable characters and characters from mainline games (Stella and Fleurette please!), but it just seems to me that they probably won’t for any potential third game and the last 2 games makes a pretty strong case for that theory. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, eal said:

2 out of 2 is a pretty strong precedent. I would prefer they branch beyond playable characters and characters from mainline games (Stella and Fleurette please!), but it just seems to me that they probably won’t for any potential third game and the last 2 games makes a pretty strong case for that theory. I would love to be proven wrong though.

People also said that smash was never going to have 3rdparty characters in Smash 64 and Meele, and look at Brawl.

I'm not saying they're guaranteed, but they're far more likely than they were in Heroes 1 or Heroes 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please no, I don't want Cloud, Snake, Geralt or random generic characters in dragon quest games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest characters would be a fun idea. I’d be down for a Pikachu as a guest monster in a Monsters game. Or Link as an optional recruitable party member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya thats a great idea, have characters that don't even fit in dragon quest games and look completely out of place....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s put Goku and Vegeta in then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

32 minutes ago, Hecatomb said:

Ya thats a great idea, have characters that don't even fit in dragon quest games and look completely out of place....

Sometimes, the character designer for a game will redesign a character to fit in line with the aesthetic.

If Love Live! girls can make it into Granblue then we can get a Pikachu in Dragon Quest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better yet, let’s put Arale in. She’s a wacky character, so she’d fit into Dragon Quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow me on this: DLC quest. Senbei Norimaki is making a robot girl (Arale) and he needs you to gather raw materials, and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. After you’re done gathering everything, he builds her, but he can’t handle her antics so he gives her to you to take care of and she joins the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eal said:

Follow me on this: DLC quest. Senbei Norimaki is making a robot girl (Arale) and he needs you to gather raw materials, and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. After you’re done gathering everything, he builds her, but he can’t handle her antics so he gives her to you to take care of and she joins the party.

I play it/pay for it. Have all her comments point out various puns in the game while all the other characters are confused what she’s talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That just made me realize that I would be more than okay with a DQ/Dragon ball spin-off game set during the Kid Goku era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

That just made me realize that I would be more than okay with a DQ/Dragon ball spin-off game set during the Kid Goku era.

With all the bizarre stuff that happens in the Kid Goku era, it could work. All I ask is that Monster Carrot appears as a boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

That just made me realize that I would be more than okay with a DQ/Dragon ball spin-off game set during the Kid Goku era.

Like 80% of the original monster designs look like they can straight out of Dragon Ball vanilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eal said:

Or Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

Sometimes, the character designer for a game will redesign a character to fit in line with the aesthetic.

If Love Live! girls can make it into Granblue then we can get a Pikachu in Dragon Quest!

Theres some characters like Samus, or Snake from MGS, that would look so out of place in a dragon quest game. Don't know about Pokemon, I rather have a pokemon thats not Pikachu, the Tapus or Ultra beast would fit more into dragon quest maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer no characters from anywhere outside of DQ, but then again, my wish for DQH III is simply this:

The Adventure of Dai adapted in its entirety into a Heroes game. DQH II already showed how perfectly it would fit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Milly in DQH3. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like her WAY more than her brother.

Perhaps some playable villians? Not sure how they'd work it into the story, but I'd love to play as Dhoulmagus or Marcello. Debora would be neat too, just to represent all the DQV wives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ChrystalChameleon said:

I would love to see Milly in DQH3. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like her WAY more than her brother.

Perhaps some playable villians? Not sure how they'd work it into the story, but I'd love to play as Dhoulmagus or Marcello. Debora would be neat too, just to represent all the DQV wives.

I was really hoping the DragonLord was going to be playable in Heroes 2, joining you as an ally once you confronted him similar to Psaro in the first Heroes game. Sadly, that was not the case, and honestly that was pretty disappointing.

Obviously I want to see him as a playable character at some point, but to go beyond that, let’s get something unexpected like Baramos or Corvus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised that anyone would think that Mireille/Milayou would not be a welcome addition. I love Terry best, but I think that she has a lot to add to this type of game (or any game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be all about Milly in a Heroes game. Mine was the first post and I said in it I’d probably buying the game day one if she was included in a future game. Problem is I don’t think she’s all that popular in Japan, so I wouldn’t count on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cesar Hernandez-Meraz said:

I would prefer no characters from anywhere outside of DQ, but then again, my wish for DQH III is simply this:

The Adventure of Dai adapted in its entirety into a Heroes game. DQH II already showed how perfectly it would fit.

I totally agree. The Adventure of Daï as a game would easily be a wonder. 

Then again, in DQH3 I'd love to see characters from Emblem of Roto too. Heck, I'd even be sold with characters like the Incarnus or the Lionkid from Joker 2! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, eal said:

I’d be all about Milly in a Heroes game. Mine was the first post and I said in it I’d probably buying the game day one if she was included in a future game. Problem is I don’t think she’s all that popular in Japan, so I wouldn’t count on it.

She's not... 

Image result for big in japan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would like to see rangnar and borya becuse then we have the entier dq4 cast and on a side note have psaro be a playable character in story mode
but other characters i like to see are amon from dq 6 i would also like to see the main heroes from earlier games to show up maybe as a cameo or someking of trainer for the main hero of dqh3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiefer and Sir Mervyn!!

Also, Erik, Rab, and Sylvando

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...